THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Objective counters?

Go down 
+4
PartridgeKing
Raucir Lustingclaw
Evil Space Elves
Levitas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

Dark Eldar Objective counters? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Objective counters?   Dark Eldar Objective counters? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 16:18

What do you guys think would make good objective counters for DE? I know we have the old metal lounging ladies, but aside from those what else? Also, what base size do you think objectives should be?

Slaves of course
Arcane wargear?
Pre-fall tech?

Pics and thoughts welcome!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Objective counters?   Dark Eldar Objective counters? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 17:09

No pics (haven't got around to it yet), but I plan on making spiky-looking non-descript techno-nothing things out of spare vehicle parts to make larger Webway Portal generators. I'm using the 60mm bases. That more or less is the size of the objective markers that the players at my LFGS use, though I could see the case for making smaller (40 or 25mm) ones.
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Objective counters?   Dark Eldar Objective counters? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 17:28

I'm working on 40mm bases for mine, with a couple of select 25mm based items. So far my WIPs include:

A Raider spear with a collection of Eldar soulstones dangling from it (quite the prize).

A box of splinter rifles - well, there are just so many on trhe Raider sprues!

A fallen Farseer, probably from Ulthwe.

An item of Arcane Wargear.

The banner of a fallen Archon, to be claimed for the Kabal's trophy cabinet.

And my personal favourite, a dead Imperial Fist chained to a rock, with an Agoniser sword sticking out of his stupid yellow breastplate.

Raucir
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Objective counters?   Dark Eldar Objective counters? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 21:02

I've got a few ideas for mine - and have yet to start making them but I shall eventually!

The nice obvious and easy one is the two slaves you can still get as bits, chained together, for when you want your carry-on pre-wrapped.
In the Forge World renegade psykers there's the chap tearing at his own face. I was going to fiel off the chaos rune on his chest and bulk out his face so it looks more like some kind of pain-mask torture device he's been strapped in to, for when you want your carry-on warmed up.
And then I was thinking of modelling a group of Kabalite corpses impaled on fishhook type structures, which are then linked to a planted stand with a ring held up in the air, the idea being that Raiders are fitted with hooks on the underside to pick up the fallen on the way home, so you don't need to worry about being left behind when you are the carry-on.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Objective counters?   Dark Eldar Objective counters? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 23:42

Raucir Lustingclaw wrote:

And my personal favourite, a dead Imperial Fist chained to a rock, with an Agoniser sword sticking out of his stupid yellow breastplate.

Raucir

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's picked Fists as their token dead marines! I'm planning quite an extravagant yellow corpse for the base of my Ravenwing, including a building and a couple of wyches. But most of all a dead yellow marine!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Objective counters?   Dark Eldar Objective counters? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2012, 08:57

*Quietly hides the Lamenter in his Astral Claws army*

Soooo....Dark Eldar objective markers eh? Can't say I have many actual objective markers but I have a handful of 25mm makers I used as hidden setup/Mandrake counters. Generally they're a random assortment of skulls and heads in various artistic patterns.

I do however have a couple of bits for more "techy" objectives. The first one is a "random generic evil plot device",this is made from a set of four "blades" from the the old raider kit with the "shock prow"in the centre of this set all pointing upward. The plan is to have this device mounted on a flying stand.

The second objective marker is a remote controlled hunting drone used by my Counts as Duke with a few extra tools on it for him. It's the old metal hellion Skyboard with a few spare splinter rifles and drug canisters strapped on as well as the heavy weapon backpack and the stabilizers from the Dark Lance as the antenna.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Objective counters?   Dark Eldar Objective counters? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2012, 09:08

I have a guardsman strapped to a torture table made from an a box from the Leman Russ, an extra Raider plank, and some random pointy things, a trophy rack with a dead Blood Angel marine hanging from it (one of my friends plays BA, so I painted all marine helms and bits on my bases as them), a Tau in a cage, and some kind of weird techy device made from an Eldar weapon platform and Chronos's spirit syphon.
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Objective counters?   Dark Eldar Objective counters? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2012, 18:19

Wow, some epic and slightly warped ideas. Love the level of creativity on show. You guys not a fan of yellow then, ha ha. Me either.

I'm going to try and weave mine into some interesting fluff, about the search for old ones tech so my archon can try and shape the webway. I figure thats suitably insane and absurd. Perfect.

So, what could be used as old one tech? We know little about them.
Back to top Go down
Keranas
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Objective counters?   Dark Eldar Objective counters? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2012, 08:24

Well, i went for the "simple is better" route, and simply used spare Banners/Trophy poles from the vehicle frames - you can see them in the background of this picture:

Dark Eldar Objective counters? Imag0036so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Objective counters?   Dark Eldar Objective counters? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Objective counters?
Page 1 of 1