THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

~600 Kabal/Wych army

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TjurigRymdalv
Slave

~600 Kabal/Wych army Empty
PostSubject: ~600 Kabal/Wych army   ~600 Kabal/Wych army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 16:28

So, sometime during the next week or so, I will be playing a friendly game with my idiot friend. I will be facing a space marine army (custom chapter without a name, so let's call it 'Emperor's Special Needs Children' in the meantime). The game will be somewhere around 600 pts and my draft list is:

Dark Eldar
HQ
Bla'qadder, Archon 185 pts
Huskblade, Clonefield, PGL, Webway Portal, Soul Trap

Troops
Kabal of the Dachshund with a Slight Limp, 10 Kabalite Warriors 110 pts
2 Splinter Cannons

Commorragh's Sharpened Mango, 10 Wyches, 170 pts
Razor Flails, Hydra Gauntlet, Haywire grenades, Hekatrix (Ba'al Dryqqh) w/ Agoniser

Dedicated Transports
HMS Darling, Raider, 80 pts
Flickerfield, Splinter racks

Cpt. Rum's Skiff, Venom, 55 pts

Total: 600

Emperor's Special Needs Children
HQ
Librarian, 100 pts

Troops
10 Tactical Marines 205 pts
Powerfist, Missile launcher, Plasma gun

10 Tactical Marines 205 pts
Powerfist, Missile launcher, Plasma gun

Grand total: 510 pts

As you can see, he's got some filling out to do, I'm guessing he'll go for a transport or similar. I'm, sorry for not being able to give you guys a more detailed army list for my opponent, but I hope that'll give you an idea about what I'll be facing.

So, my tactic will be putting the Wyches in the Raider and the Archon in the Venom. I will try and advance to cover, where the Archon will disembark, use the WWP for bringing forth the Kabalites, he will then go for the Librarian if possible, or otherwise just do battle where he's needed and support the Wyches, which I trust will do the most killing. I will then try to get the Kabalites on the Raider, allowing them to zoom around the battle field with the Venom, harassing the vile space marines.

So, I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me some feedback on my gear, tactics etc. Also, we might be going up to 750 instead and I'd need some input on how to expand. I'm thinking wracks and another raider or the addition of a Ravager.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: ~600 Kabal/Wych army   ~600 Kabal/Wych army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 20:55

I'm sorry to say - but right out of the gate your army list isn't legal.

Check page 91 of your codex - a Dedicated transport can't be selected if the unit buying it cannot fit inside of it. With two squads of 10 - you have no way to buy a Venom.

Also, per page 67 of the core rulebook, you'll discover that your Archon can't start in the Venom unless he's there with the unit that bought it (now, you *can* start the Venom empty, and have the Archon get on it Turn 1, but that would make it impossible for him to disembark until Turn 2 when the units in reserve might have already come out - thus wasting the WWP).

Finally, your last illegal choice - a 10 man Warrior squad can't take 2x Splinter Cannons.

Okay, all that aside, let's look at your list.

Now, as far as a friendly game goes, I wouldn't overanalyze things too much. It's a friendly game, it will make things funner for you and your friend if you're both learning your armies and how to make them better at the same time.

The one thing I would strongly suggest is this - drop the WWP. You really don't have enough guys to justify such an expensive piece of wargear that will slow down your assault HQ from getting into battle. Yeah, whoo-hoo, you can bring in some warriors...warriors whose primary weapon is a 36" range - these guys can't walk?

If you insist on the WWP - at least have the Wyches come out of the portal - then it makes some sense.

I'd drop the portal and use the points elsewhere - if you have a 2nd Venom an easy option is to split up the Warrior/Wych squad into 2 small squads and load one into each Venom.

ANother major consideration - remember that the Archon will want a vehicle to ride in and will need to join a squad to do it - so whoever goes into the Raider should probably be a 9 man squad (Wyches will work well for this)

Hope some of that helps.
Thor.
Back to top Go down
TjurigRymdalv
Slave

PostSubject: Re: ~600 Kabal/Wych army   ~600 Kabal/Wych army I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2012, 09:45

Thanks for you input!

I'll probably go ahead and drop the WWP and make my army legal. Also, I s'pose I could get myself a few incubi and put incubi with them.

Also, I guess I should brush up on the rules a bit Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~600 Kabal/Wych army   ~600 Kabal/Wych army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~600 Kabal/Wych army
Page 1 of 1