THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help me bring pain and suffering to the others

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lordluke
Slave

Help me bring pain and suffering to the others Empty
PostSubject: Help me bring pain and suffering to the others   Help me bring pain and suffering to the others I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2012, 20:27

Hi all would be greatfull for your advice on the following list. We play competatively and my friends generally use grey knights, necrons, nids and guard.

Anyway the list

HQ
Baron 105

Haemonculus 50

Elites
3 x 3 true born with 3 blasters in a daka venom (2 splinter cannons) 438

Troops
20 hellions helliarch agoniser 345

3 wracks 30 in a daka venom 95

2 x 5 wracks liquifier gun in a daka venom 250

Fast
2x 6 reavers, 2 heat lances, 2 cluster caltrops 392

Heavy
3 ravagers with lances and flickerfield 345

total 2020 ( we use the 1%)

Kill points 20 Sad
9 lances
9 blasters
4 heat lance
12 splinter cannons
4 scoring units

So the basic idea is this the baron is deployed with the 3 wracks and the haomonculus is with the hellions. Both leave there units, the baron joins the hellions giving them 2 pain token. The haemonculus joins the wracks which then jump into there venom.

Right with that done the rest off the army basically moves to better possion itself to start blowin the enemy away.

What do you guys think
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Help me bring pain and suffering to the others   Help me bring pain and suffering to the others I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2012, 00:58

lordluke wrote:
HQ
Baron 105

Haemonculus 50
I like these just fine for what you're doing. I might suggest working in a Liquifier or something to the Haem just so he serves a purpose other than 'killpoint' after his pain token is taken. It's not a drastic need though.

lordluke wrote:
Elites
3 x 3 true born with 3 blasters in a daka venom (2 splinter cannons) 438
Fine.

lordluke wrote:
Troops
20 hellions helliarch agoniser 345
Fine - though if you're going through the effort of getting 2 pain tokens on them, and are joining them with Sathypants, I'm not sure if you need the Agoniser, or even the Helliarch. Why not just take a power weapon and save points if that's your desire?

lordluke wrote:
3 wracks 30 in a daka venom 95

2 x 5 wracks liquifier gun in a daka venom 250
Fine - though you're looking pretty heavy on anti-infantry at this stage while being light on anti-mech. I'd probably shift one of these to a Raider.

lordluke wrote:
Fast
2x 6 reavers, 2 heat lances, 2 cluster caltrops 392
Incredibly lukewarm on this considering how heavy you are on anti-infantry already. Basically if you're using the caltrops you're not lancing, and vice versa. Also, unless the enemy gets first turn (which Sathy fights against) you can't get off heat lance shots Turn 1 - which is half the point of getting a Sathy alpha strike.

At 196 a pop you could *easily* shift these points into Troop selections that are overall more useful to your gameplan, and also are scoring units. Consider what even 5 Warriors w. Blaster in a Raider could do - that's more anti tank shooting able to shoot more targets - competitive anti infantry shooting (while still having anti-tank shooting), a scoring unit, and able to alpha strike and it can move just as fast and costs 60+ points less each, which means you'd have enough points to still do something else, or beef up other squads.

Overall this is your most questionable purchase for my money.

lordluke wrote:
Heavy
3 ravagers with lances and flickerfield 345
Ravalicious.

Hope that helps,
Thor.

Back to top Go down
lordluke
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Help me bring pain and suffering to the others   Help me bring pain and suffering to the others I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2012, 15:46

hay thor cheers for the advice some really good points in there. I agree with the helliarch and his aganiser i had him in there to deal with power armour but when you do the math theres not many left to swing back at u. The reavers i know are not really that competative but i just love them if i took 3 squads of 3 for suicieding then i could fit in a bit more into the troops.
Im not a fan of raiders compaired with the daka venom i just find them so usefull and pretty good buy at 65pts but you may well have been playing dark eldar longer then me so im open to your sugestions.
thanks again for the feed back very help full i will look at the list and make some changes.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Help me bring pain and suffering to the others   Help me bring pain and suffering to the others I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06 2012, 14:50

All in All a pretty good list. One thing to think about is Squad Sizes. Most of the armies you are facing can throw out some seriour firepower. With all of your small squads, you could be setting yourself up for a very bad day if you start having some bad morale rolls as you take casualties from shooting.
Back to top Go down
lordluke
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Help me bring pain and suffering to the others   Help me bring pain and suffering to the others I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07 2012, 17:20

this is true but ive found that most things that shoot at us just kill us any way hence min size squads to waist there big units shooting. The thing is when the trueborn get out tthey need to pop a tank to get there use, cus after that 3 or 5 its all the same there dead. I could up the wrack squads but have to swap to raiders then which will be more expensive and less fire power and i would have to drop other things to get them in. Thats what i love about this book though theres so many ways to get the job done.

My general idea is to try and play from range moveing 12 fireing. with the exeption of the barons squad i find we are not really built for close combat wyches are ok but it hurts like hell when youre planes fall down and lets face it there easy to bring down hence the msu stile list, less points tied up in bigger units and transports, with the exeption of the barons squad of course but then i think (cringe) they can be quiet tough to take down as most str6 and above will want to be shooting the plaines.

I was thinking of changeing the 2 5 man wrack squads for 2 5 man warrior squads with a blaster in each to add some more anti tank punch.

Thanks again for all your advice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me bring pain and suffering to the others   Help me bring pain and suffering to the others I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me bring pain and suffering to the others
Page 1 of 1