THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
asmodai650
Slave

Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of Empty
PostSubject: Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of   Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20 2012, 23:52

I purchased a bunch of Dark Eldar stuff back when everything was released, and I have been sitting on it while other projects took up my attention. I want to get together a basic, non-spamy 1500 point list that I can build off of and eventually take to about 2500 points. First off, here is a list of all of the models that I have to work with. I really don't want to buy anything else except some beasts, more Wracks & Grots., and a few venoms. I really like the idea of running a hybrid list of raiders and web way portals.

Models I have currently
HQ
2 x Lileth Hesperax
1 x Kruellah (sp?) the Vile
2 x Archon
1 x Urien
2 x Haemonculus

Elites
13 Incubi
4 Grotesques
2 Wracks

Troops
105 Warriors
20 Wyches

Dedicated Transports
4 Raiders

Fast Attack
5 Scourges
1 Beast Master
6 Reaver Jetbikes

Heavy Support
1 Razorwing
2 Talos

And here's the 1500 point list I came up with.

HQ:
1 Archon, 135 pts = (Huskblade, Soul-trap, Shadow Field)

1 Haemonculus, 105 pts = (Agoniser, Webway Portal)

Elite:
4 Grotesques, 230 pts = (Liquifier Gun, Aberration)
1 Raider w/ Flickerfield

Troops:
10 Kabalite Warriors, 245 pts = (Blaster, Dark Lance, Sybarite w/ Agoniser & Blast Pistol)
1 Raider w/ Flickerfield

10 Kabalite Warriors, 230 pts = (Blaster, Splinter Cannon, Sybarite w/ Agoniser & Blast Pistol)
1 Raider w/ Flickerfield

10 Wyches, 150 pts = (Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser)

Fast Attack:
6 Reavers, 174 pts = (Heat Lance, Champion w/ Agoniser)

Heavy Support:
Talos Pain Engine, 115 pts = (Chain-flails, TL Haywire Blaster)
Talos Pain Engine, 115 pts = (Chain-flails, TL Haywire Blaster)

TOTAL:
1499 Points

Our Tournament Promotion Blog - The Istvaanians ~ Never trust the Inquisition...
Back to top Go down
http://asmodai650.blogspot.com
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of   Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21 2012, 00:19

I'm assuming that you plan to put the Archon with the Grots. He is gunna need a PGL then. You can get the points by removing the agoinser from the haemie. That guy never wants to be in combat.

reavers dont really want to see combat either and most times wont live long enough to do so, drop the champ.

warriors are another unit that doesnt really want to ever get into CC. drop the agoinsers (i like the sybarites for the ldrship boost)

blast pistols are too short a range and dark lances should never be in squads. drop the pistols and change that lance to a cannon.

use points saved to get shardnets and more bodies into wych unit, and a second HL into the reavers.

since your light on lances i would swap the talos HB to heat lances as well.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
asmodai650
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of   Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21 2012, 12:32

With your suggestions, here's what I came up with. I was a little over on points with all of your ideas, so I dropped the TL-HL on the two Talos' back down to TL-Haywire Blasters. I mainly want these guys in combat softening things up for the Wychesand not going against vehicles. That being said, would two Chronos be a better option? Also, at this point, would running the "Duke" over an Archon also be a better choice with his ability to help the Wyches with their combat drugs? He would also be cheaper, and allow me to get the TL-HL's on the two Talos'. Thanks for your help!

1500 Pts - Dark Eldar Roster
HQ:
1 Archon, 160 pts (Plasma Grenades; Huskblade; Soul-trap; Phantasm Grenade Launcher; Shadow Field)

HQ:
1 Haemonculus, 90 pts (Venom Blade; Webway Portal x1)

Elite:
3 Grotesques, 230 pts (Liquifier Gun)
1 Aberration
1 Raider (Flickerfield)

Troops:
9 Kabalite Warriors, 195 pts (Blaster x1; Splinter Cannon x1)
1 Sybarite
1 Raider (Flickerfield)

Troops:
9 Kabalite Warriors, 195 pts (Blaster x1; Splinter Cannon x1)
1 Sybarite
1 Raider (Flickerfield)

Troops:
14 Wyches, 240 pts (Shardnet & Impaler x2; Haywire Grenades)
1 Hekatrix (Haywire Grenades; Phantasm Grenade Launcher; Agoniser)

Fast Attack:
6 Reavers, 156 pts (Heat Lance x2)

Heavy Support:
1 Talos Pain Engine, 115 pts (Chain-flails; TL Haywire Blaster)

Heavy Support:
1 Talos Pain Engine, 115 pts (Chain-flails; TL Haywire Blaster)

Total Roster Cost: 1496

Our Tournament Promotion Blog - The Istvaanians ~ Never trust the Inquisition...
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of   Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21 2012, 14:32

Wychs dont need a PGL. They come with plasma grenades and if your the one getting charged youve done something wrong.

I dont know your meta, but its a MechMech world and if you want the Talos going against infantry youve got to get to them first. Hence the need for HL. HB are great for stunlocking things but that doenst get the sardines out of their can so to speak.

No chronos, not in this build.

Duke doenst bring much to the party here. You would have to take a body out of one of the warrior squads to have a place to put him, you only have 1 unit that would really be affected by his drug powers, and you dont have a DS build.

Back to top Go down
asmodai650
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of   Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21 2012, 17:16

Gotcha. As the list is now, I can drop the PGL from the Wyches and add in the 2 HL's to the Talos and still be at 1496 points. Looks like I at least have a good idea about what I should start building. Again, I appreciate all of the help!

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of   Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21 2012, 17:24

Sounds like a good plan. And thats what we are here for. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of   Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beginners 1500 point basic list to build off of
Page 1 of 1