THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts Empty
PostSubject: Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts   Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 00:49

Had a game vs Guard tonight

My list

4 haemos
3x8 wyches in raiders heka agon haywires
1x7 wyches in raider heka venom blade haywires
3x3 blasterborn in venoms
3 ravagers

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts DSCF1986

His list

2 primaris psykers
a commander
1 command squad
3 platoons
2 big scout squads
3 hydra flak tanks
4 valkyries

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts DSCF1976

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts DSCF1975

We rolled kill points with dawn of war. He chose to go second. Nobody deployed anything.

DE TURN 1. I roll everything on fast and kept close to my baseline to avoid getting shot (love nightfighting Smile )

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts DSCF1979

Guard Turn 1

He also rolls on fast with everything except the hydras which try and shoot me. They fail to range in on me at all.

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts DSCF1978

DE Turn2

Everything moves fast and I try and stunblock the hydras with my ravagers
In the end i manage to shake one, and remove a weapon from another. Not the best result!!

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts DSCF1980

Guard Turn 2

He tries to shoot me up a bit and lose 2 raiders (1 explodes 1 wrecked). I also end up with one ravager stunblocked and one immobilised.

My wyches mostly survive and the leftmost squad end up getting assaulted by a guard squad that gets out of the Valkyrie to shoot. The combat actually goes quite well for him and i end up locked in combat with only 3 wyches and the Haemo alive.

DE Turn 3

My revenge is swift and lethal. The wyches surge forward in their raiders and assault the hydras with their haywires. Basically none can move or shoot next turn.
The vendettas are lit up by my blaster squads and my ravager, they are mostly stunblocked an immobilised One vendetta is wrecked and the squad perishes to massed splinter fire and a lliquifier attack from a nearby Haemonculus.
My yellow wych squad assaults a valk but can only stop it shooting next turn. The Haemonculus in the picture assaults a primaris psyker. Combat is drawn

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts DSCF1981

Guard Turn 3

Retailation is very limited. Virtually nothing can shoot. The yellow wych squad suffers badly at the hands of a guard squad who disembark before the valkyrie moves away. In the combat phase the hydras finally succumb to the wyches haywires.
The haemo and the psyker battle on. Each takes a wound this turn!

DE Turn 4

The remnants of the yellow wych squad assault their tormentors combat is drawn.
I get my other wych squads moving across to the right hand side of the table where they have work to do. More stunblocking on the remaining valks supresses their fire next turn.
The haemo and the psyker are still locked in combat!

Guard Turn 4
The guard know they are doomed now. Re-inforcements arrive but too late. 2 scout squads outflank and arrive to support the right wing. Their fire immobilises a venom and they charge in to support their psyker, finally killing the haemonculus.

DE Turn 5

Enraged at the threats to their dealers my other wyches arrive from the left flank. Guardsmen die in droves as the ladies sail into combat. The red squad have furious charge and the strength drug. There are only 2 normal wyches left but they are attacking at str 5!! The venoms and blaster squads overwhelm the other guard forces.

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts DSCF1983

Guard Turn 5

The last remining guard squad attempts to shoot/assault my green wych squad. The flamer claims a single victim but in the ensuing combat the squad to slaughterd to a man. All that remains are battered, damaged vehicles, pilots bracing themselves for the inevitable disabling haywire attack and a lifetime toiling in the workshops of Commoragh.

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts DSCF1985

The game ends

Kill points DE 11 Guard 4.

Analysis

I was scared of the firepower at my opponents disposal. I made it my mission to ensure that i would never face it.

The wyches were the stars of the show. Giving them haywires makes them so versataile A good drug roll plus tokens make them evil to face in combat.

Combining haemos and wyches works really really well. If it haddnt have been for FNP I would have lost combats that i won and lost many more in the raider explosion.

1500 Pts vs Grey Knights tomorrow. Special rule, no Vehicles, no MC's. Should be a challenge Cool

Last edited by Venkh on Thu Jun 02 2011, 06:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts   Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 01:59

You handles the Hydras very well. As a former IG general, I think he mis-used the infantry he had avilabe, and leaving your raiders unmolested by fire from his valks was a bad move on his part.

You jumped on his mistakes with commendable speed, nice work. clown
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts   Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 03:08

Wow 11-4 that was a massacre…
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts   Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 07:07

The funny thing is that it was quite close until the last turn. My lance and haywire attacks only gave me a destroyed result once in the whole game. I got something like 5 kill points in my last turn and a further 1 in his. I could very easily have lost if he had tried harder to keep them alive.

I dont think the scenario helped either. Dawn of war meant that the hydra cannons only got one turn to shoot before hey were overwhelmed. His couts also seemed to get lost, both arriving in turn 4.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts   Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 10:28

Well done still. The grey knight scenario sounds interesting, post a report about that one too.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts   Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 13:14

1500PTS vs Grey Knights. No MC's No vehicles!

He had
Castellan crowe
2 10 strong purifier squads w mixed weapons and 4 psicannons
A single paladin
10 terminators, all different with the staff
an assault squad cant remember what they had.

I had

1 archon
3 haemo's
3x10 wyches Shardnet, heka, agoniser
3 beastmasters 1 clawed fiend, 4 kymerae, 5 razorwing flocks (illegal squad config! oops!)
4 grotesques, abberation w scissorhand liquifier
6 bikes
9 Incubi

Scenario was command and control
Deployment Dawn of War
I rolled an extra pain token.

He got first turn

He deployed the termies in the centre with the purifiers on each flank. The Paladin and the Crowe sort of floated around. The assault squad started in reserve

I deployed with an almost refused flank Incubi facing off against the leftmost purifier squad, everything else ranged against the termies using the bikes as cover.

GK Turn 1
He shuffled around a bit and failed to shoot me due to dawn of war. Uneventful.

DE tURN 1
I pushed everything forward in a kind of cloud using the bikes as cover, basically a screen of bikes followed by a swarm of beasts followed by 2 squads of wyches and the grots.

GK Turn 2
The leftmost Purifiers killed an Incubi due to them moving and being in cover

On the right they tried to shoot up the bikes but really failed due to 3+ cover and FNP.

The assault squad deep struck next to the grotesques and opened fire, caused a couple of wounds but nothing serious

DE Turn 2
Basically shoved everything forward, on the left flank I had to deploy out of cover, on the right i positioned myself in assault range of the termies with the beasts.
The grotesques liquified and charged the assault squad, this left only 3 squad members left at the cost of 1 grot. Unfortunately the squad held its ground.
The Bikes turbo boosted over the Paladin and very nearly killed him. The ended up in the top right hand corner of the table.

GK tURN 3
The Paladin attempted some sort of psycic power, got perils, and died Smile
The purifiers on the right shot at and charged the bikes who lost combat but fled far enough to be able to rally next turn
The purifiers on the left flank opened fire and almost obliterated my incubi unit.
On the right the terminators prepared to be assaulted.
The grots killed another two members of the assault squad but were still locked in combat. Crowe positioned himself to intervene next turn.

DE Turn 3
The bikes rallied and shot at the purifiers no'one died
The archon and 2 incubi charged the leftmost purifier squad and killed a single knight, they died to return attacks
The Beasts charged the terminators and killed 7 squad members, unfortunately they took about 10 wounds in return, fled and were caught and destroyed
The grots unfortunately failed to kill their last adversary and were still locked in combat.

GK Turn 4
The purifiers charged the bikes and finally destroyed them.
The leftmost purifiers moved towards the centre, their shooting only killed a couple of wyches
The termies attempted to move away from the 2 wych sqads threatening them
Crowe jumped in and finished off the grotesques but only after the last assault knight had perished

DE Turn 4
The wych squads and my 2 haemo's combi charged the terminators but unfortunately only one died, I lost combat by 1 and unbelievably both squads and 1 haemonculus fled (but escaped)

After that, nothing rallied, my other wych squad charged off my objective in an attempt to kill off crowe and the terminators but completely whiffed their attacks, lost on wych and AGAIN, they failed Ld and fled leaving the GK fre to occupy my objective in turn 6.

Conclusion

Purifier squads are simply horrendous, Especially when you have no vehicles to shelter your squads with. Their firepower is overwhelming and they will slaughter virtually anything in H2H.
The beast squad was maginificent but the assault rukes make taking down a full termie squad a virtual impossibility.
The bikes worked as a mobile screen.
Grotesques are just OK. Lack of power weapons makes them pretty poor vs power armour but they can soak wounds. The real killing power was in the dual liquifiers which you can field with wracks. Over all they were amusing but not terrifying to my opponent.

Optimal units for this scenario would be webway with loads of helions, beasts and the baron. I think that would beat almost anything. Shame I decided not to buy hellions and held myself to 1 unit of beasts.

Next game is against Orks which should be a bit easier to handle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts   Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mon-Keigh Massacre - 1750pts
Page 1 of 1