THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit].

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit]. Empty
PostSubject: Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit].   Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit]. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 19:34

I am very fond of fluff when I am building an army, and I have a very in depth back story for my Kabal, my Coven and my Cult. I have the colours for the Kabal and Coven sorted out, but I need some tips on how to paint my Cult.

For the basic Wyches I am going to have black cloth with silver armour. This I am fine with, but it is with my Bloodbrides and my Succubus that I shall struggle. For the Bloodbrides I am going to use white cloth with silver armour, and with my Succubus I shall use white cloth with gold armour.
So, does anybody have any tips on painting white? I have tried before, but it never comes out well. What colours do I need and how should I paint it to look anywhere from acceptable to impressive?

Thanks.

Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit]. YiVCUio

Last edited by Cavash on Sun Jun 24 2012, 21:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit].   Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit]. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 21:08

Best tip i heard, though i haven't tried it, is to paint most of it a very pale grey, and actually only use pure white for the highlights.

The only time I've actually done it was by undercoating in white, painting black wash into the cracks of the armour then painting over again with white (Tau and Marines).

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit].   Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit]. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 22:15

I find white armour much easier than white cloth for some reason. My sanguinary priests were slightly time consuming but I was very happy with the look but when I tried white robes on my honour guard I really wasn't happy with it.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit].   Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit]. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 17:24

When I buy some Wyches I'll give that a go. Thanks, TBE. Another way I have heard is bulding up white in many thin layers on top of a colour like Bleached Bone or whatever the current equivalent colour is.

Adhemar, how did you paint your robes?

Edit: I have finished a test model in white now. I was going to put a picture up, but I think that I may be able to get a good picture tomorrow when there is actual sunlight. Anyway, I'm pleased with the result. I started off with a model base coated Chaos Black, because it was the only spare model that I had. Then I put a coat of thin Codex Grey. After leaving it to dry I did five coats of Skull White. Each one was the consistancy of cream, so some of the grey was still coming through. At this point I did a sharp highlight of Codex grey on everything that was possible to highlight. Then, because it looked too bright I did another coat of thin Skull White before washing it with a very thin, yet dark, wash of codex grey with the tiniest drop of Black Ink. This settled in the recesses and then on the centre or armour plates and on raised areas I placed small amounts of pure Skull White.
It took a while, until I used a hair drier to speed up the process.

Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit]. YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit].   Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit]. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wych Cult of Massacre colours. [Edit].
Page 1 of 1