THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
benogham
Slave
benogham

Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) Empty
PostSubject: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 13:10

Hello,
I've already posted this list some time ago on warseer with few feedback from the comunity. What do you think of this list ?

The list tries to be synergetic. Depending on terrain, opponent and deployment, the whole army may deepstrike and reserve.
That was quite punchy last time I used it, and not too spammy, therefore pleasant to play with (and to fight against, which is almost as important).

Dark Eldar 2,5k

HQ
  • Duke Sliscus
  • Baron Sathonyx

Elite

• Trueborns
    • 3x Trueborns
      • 3x Blasters
    • Venom
      • 1x Extra canon
  • Trueborns
    • 3x Trueborns
      • 3x Blasters
    • Venom
      • 1x Extra canon
  • Incubes
    • 5x Incubes
    • Venom
      • 1x extra canon

Troops

• Wyches
    • 9x Wyches
      • 2x Shardnets
      • 10x haywire grenades
    • Hekatrix
      • 1x Agonizer
    • Raider
      • 1x Flicker field
      • 1x Shock prow
      • 1x TGL
  • Wyches
    • 9x Wyches
      • 2x Shardnets
      • 10x haywire grenades
    • Hekatrix
      • 1x Agonizer
    • Raider
      • 1x Flicker field
      • 1x Shock prow
      • 1x TGL
  • Warriors
    • 5x Warriors
      • 1x Blaster
    • Venom
      • 1x extra canon
  • Warriors
    • 9x Warriors
      • 1x Blaster
    • Raider
      • 1x Flicker field
      • 1x Splinter rack

Fast attack

• 5x Scourges
    • 2x Haywire rifles
  • Hellions
    • 15x Hellion
    • Helliarque
      • 1x Agonizer
      • 1x Phantasm Grenade Launcher
  • Reavers (6 unités)
    • 6x Reaver
      • 2x Firelances

Support

• Ravager
    • 1x Flicker field
  • Ravager
    • 1x Flicker field
  • Razorwing
    • 1x Splinter canon
    • 1x Dissie canon x2
    • 1x Flicker field

Last edited by benogham on Thu Apr 05 2012, 15:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 15:27

Welcome, glad you followed my sig over here. I see you havnt fixed that typo yet lol
Back to top Go down
benogham
Slave
benogham

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 15:28

^^ you're right ! Done
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 19:00

First thing I see is that you wont need the PGL on the heliarch, if you're tossing The Baron in with them, he comes equiped with one. Lances on the RJF, not dissies, look around the board for arguments as to why.

Also, i would drop the shock prows and TGL on your wych raiders, I doubt you'll get a chance to use them.

If you do that, i would drop a single Hellion and give your incubi a klavex with the onslaught upgrade (personally, I like to give them a bloodstone and demiklaves too, but that more than doubles that one models cost...)
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 19:11

The TGL and prows were a suggestion i made over on warseer. really its he had excess points and didnt know what to do with them (had GTs there instead). i made the suggestin as if the raiders live they can be used as bullets if their weapon goes. (go look at the dark ramdar lists for example of why they are good)

upgrading the incubi any more then they are is just too points intensive (and i know his plan is to have baron attach once they are out of the venom)
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2012, 23:14

Ah, baron attaching is a good idea, carrying his PGL with him, I like it, but onslaught is... pretty awesome... I would try to free up the points for it somehow... all it would really take is dropping a single hellion...
Back to top Go down
benogham
Slave
benogham

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 08:52

Hello, thanks for the feedback. Well, i don't think i'll add the klaivex actually as it is already overkilly... If something resists the 5 incubi plus baron charge, the extra hypothetical attacks of onslaught won't help much i believe. This resisting something would probably be shielded termies and it would have been a mistake to get there in the first place.

I'm not convinced on lances on the RJF actually. First turn of showing it will unload missiles on infantry. Lances won't help much (2 shots ap2) , but dissies can (6 shots ap2). Next turns, the RJF is likely :
- dead, shot by some other vehicle or heavy weapon, so it's better those shots where fired and effective turn1.
- not dead, because of deployment in a safe zone. There it could become some late tank hunter, but as i usually reserve it, in late game, tanks are less numerous.
- not dead, because the rest of the DE took care of the opponent big guns, so anti small guns dissie is good too.

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 15:22

the issue is that you only have 17 lances at 2.5k. The MathHammer has been done before. You need more. (I generally run 18-20 at 2k and thats on the light side) You would actually be better off switching to a rav as you already have enough AI in the rest of the army.
Back to top Go down
benogham
Slave
benogham

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 15:35

I've played many games with this configuration and actually did ok againts heavy meched up armies. I may actually use my wyches as another mean of AT with their grenades in synergy with the scourges.
Baron is also able to wreck tanks on the charge with its S6, and often Sliscus surprise blasts the rear of a rhino and charge the inside on its own.
I'm not to 'mathhammery' and pretend to use strategy instead. Fewer lances, but quality shots, target interdiction, blocking LOS and so far to expend viability of my lances. Furthermore, adding a 3rd ravager would be painfully spammy and i want to obey to the rule "2 of each is enough".
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 17:58

the problem with DE fragility is that 2 is never enough.

quality shots mean crap if the dice are not on your side.

if your dead set on keeping the RZJ then I highly recommend using DL on it.
Back to top Go down
benogham
Slave
benogham

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 23:55

Well, any strategy is crap without the dice godess on your side (i think it is a grumpy woman).
I'm gonna try with dissie and let you know how i do during next tournie.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 00:29

you have 17 lances at 2.5k i run the same amount at 2k and generally find it to be too few.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)   Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aristocratic slaughterfeast : Duke and Baron List (2k5 Dark Eldar)
Page 1 of 1