THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pt Duke/Baron list!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oneironaut
Slave

2000 pt Duke/Baron list! Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pt Duke/Baron list!   2000 pt Duke/Baron list! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 04:30

Hello fellow vampire ninja pirate space elves from another dimension!!! (Doesn't get any cooler than that, eh?) I've been slowly collecting Dark Eldar since the new codex came out; I have been waiting for this codex forever and I absolutely love the models and the rules. That being said, I have only played about 5 games against my brother, so I don't have much experience with this codex. But, I've been thinking a lot about the codex, theorycrafting a bunch of lists, and reading a bunch of stuff on the internet. So, here is one of my favorite lists that I've put together.

150 – Duke Sliscus
105 – Baron Sathonyx

223 – 9 Trueborn, all with shard carbines, Raider w/ FF
292 – (2x) 3 Trueborn, all with blasters, Venom w/ extra SC

201 – 11 Hellions, Heliarch w/ agonizer
552 – (3x) 7 Wyches, shardnet & impaler, haywire grenades, Hekatrix w/ agonizer, Raider

130 – 5 Scourges w/ 2 HWB

345 – (3x) Ravager w/ FF

So how does it look? Any suggestions or criticisms? Any tips on how to field a list like this on the battlefield? (i.e., which units do I want to deep strike?) One alternative that I've thought about is dropping 1 blasterborn squad and 1 wych sqad and get (2x) 5 Warriors with a blaster in Venoms. If I do that, I have 80 points to play around with. Thanks in advance,
-Jeff
Back to top Go down
Veldrith
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt Duke/Baron list!   2000 pt Duke/Baron list! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 04:53

You should read my battle report on the Realspace Raid section. I ran an all-deepstrike tactic at a tournament and pulled 3 massacres, so it worked out fairly well as a gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt Duke/Baron list!   2000 pt Duke/Baron list! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 16:19

Your 1st TB squad is way too OP. You only really need 4 w/ 2 cannons and 2 carbines in a venom w/ 2 cannons. This unit is killy enough without need to get so big. Also venom is easier to hide than a raider.

Your other 2 TB units should be bumped up to 4 w/ 4 blasters.

Otherwise it looks real good

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt Duke/Baron list!   2000 pt Duke/Baron list! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pt Duke/Baron list!
Page 1 of 1