THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Meddy
Slave

Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 14:53

So guys this is going to my first DE army and I was wondering if it's any good. I havn't bought any models yet so any CONSTRICTIVE critism iis welcom. Thanks in advance Very Happy

Archon 145
Husk Bade
Combat Drugs
Soul Trap
Shadow Field

5 Incubi 190
Raider
Night Shields
FlickerField

Ravager 115
Flickerfield

Ravager 115
Flickerfield

Ravager 115
Flickerfield

10 Warriors 205
Blaster
Splinter Cannon
Raider
Nightshield
Flickerfield
Splinter Racks

10 Warriors 205
Blaster
Splinter Cannon
Raider
Nightshield
Flickerfield
Splinter Racks

10 Warriors 205
Blaster
Splinter Cannon
Raider
Nightshield
Flickerfield
Splinter Racks

10 Warriors 205
Blaster
Splinter Cannon
Raider
Nightshield
Flickerfield
Splinter Racks

Back to top Go down
benogham
Slave
benogham

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 15:12

Hi, i believe you want to field you archon with your incubis. In this case, they just need the phantasm grenade launcher or be doomed.
To get the points, i believe you just have to switch its weapon combo to a simple agonizer.

In my opinion, NS + FF + Racks on all your raiders is a waste : it's 120pts of upgrades overall... I would try to specialize a bit : some 5 man squads + blasters on venoms, some 10 man squads splintery on raiders.
There, if your blasters shoot at a tank, your splinter fire is lost.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 15:18

welcome to the Dark City.

The archon needs a phantasm grenade launcher if he is gunna go with the incubi.

Also Splinter racks (which dont work with the splinter cannon btw) i dont find to be worth their points.

I would be tempted to turn one of those units of warriors into a unit of wychs just to get the tarpit. something along the lines of

wychs x 10
shardnet x 2
Haywire Grenades
Hekatrix
Agoinser
Raider
Flickerfield
Night Shields
250 (i think dont have the codex in front of me)

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Meddy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 15:39

So I take off Splinter Racks, that's cool. But do I leave on NS or FF?
And surely I don't 5 man Blaster and Venom Squads to take out tnaks if I've got those 3 Ravagers?
But thanks anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 17:56

FF for sure stay. NS is up to you. Ask your self where else those points could be spent.

Back to top Go down
Meddy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 09:49

OK, so I've got rid of the Racks and Ns on the Raiders, added the PGl to my Archon and I've got 65 pts to spare and I really don't know what to do with them.
I would add more Incubi but I've been told that more than 5 is just over kill?
Alternatively I could scrap one of the Warrior units and replace it with this:

10 Wyches 250
Haywire Grenades
2 Hyrda Gauntlets
Hekatrix
Agoniser
PGL
Raider
Flickerfield

And then I'm back on 1500 dead.
Another thing I'm wondering about is taking the Raider off the above unit, getting a WWP on my archon and a few more Wyches?
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 15:03

Meddy wrote:

10 Wyches 250
Haywire Grenades
2 Hyrda Gauntlets Shardnets
Hekatrix
Agoniser
PGL
Raider
Flickerfield

?
my changes in green and go with that. you'll have 10 pts left over to spend as you see fit.

Back to top Go down
Meddy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 16:03

Why Shardnets and no PGL? Surely those extra attacks and genades are going to come in handy?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 16:27

The PGL does nothing for wyches... They have plasma and people will shoot wyches rather than charge them. The gauntlets are too random. The nets give consistent affects that benefit from any drug roll and make the unit a better tar pit... Which is what wyches do best

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 17:23

massaen hit that nail on the head

Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2012, 02:12

I'm actually quite in favour of the double-Gauntlet unit. Most I've fielded them is 9 barebones or with S&I, always with Haemy, but inspired by someone else's army list (I don't remember who, sadly) I decided to give the 2-Gauntlet configuration a whirl and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Mathematically Razorflails would probably give better results but I guess the psychological aspect of Rolling Many Dice works in their favour. Dismiss at own risk.

As said before concerning the PGL, it's really too big an investment considering Wyches already come with assault grenades.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE   Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mechanised Kabal 1500pts HELP PLEASE
Page 1 of 1