THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dizylizy
Hellion

Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts   Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 16:18

Archon 110pts
w/ agoniser, ghostplate armour, clone field

Kabalite Trueborn 263pts
dracon w/ phantasm grenade launcher, power weapon
2 trueborn w/ splinter cannon
6 trueborn w/ shardcarbine
raider w/ flicker field

Kabalite Warriors 175pts
9 warriors w/ standard issue
warrior w/ shredder
raider w/ splinter racks, flicker field

Kabalite Warriors 175pts
warrior w/ shredder

Kabalite Warriors 175pts
warrior w/ shredder

Incubi 215pts
Klaivex w/ demiklaives, onslaught
4 incubi w/ standard issue
venom w/ standard issue

Incubi 215pts
Klaivex w/ demiklaives, onslaught
4 incubi w/ standard issue
venom w/ standard issue

Razorwing Jetfighter 175pts
w/splinter cannon, dark lances, monoscythe missiles, night shields, flicker fields

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey folks,
at this point this is mostly a wish list, but I am interested in what people think about the build and the strategy behind it.

The basic idea is for the Archon to accompany the Trueborn. The Incubi will each pair up with a warrior unit for fire support to hit important targets and the other three units will play mobiile support as needed. The trueborn unit interests me especially because it can be both a decent assault unit and put out a lot of firepower. Most of my anti tank will be taken care of by my vehicles, though we will see how that goes for now.

Anyway let me know your thoughts, nothing ever goes the way you plan and I think this list is reasonably balanced and versatile hopefully able to deal with a large variety of problems it will face.

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts   Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 16:30

You have a combat archon going into a shooty TB unit. Just doenst make sense. He needs a PGL and to be put into one of the the Incubi units.

If you going to run Splinterborn like that, find the points and use the Duke instead.

Dracons and Klaivexes are wasted points. Both upgrades are not needed in the units they are. TB are shooty and dont need a PW or PGL in there as you never want them to see combat. And Incubi are deadly enough without the Klaivex.

I dont like shredders or splinter racks personally. I would try to get either blasters or a 10 body to get a splinter cannon into the warrior units.

I dont know what you mean by standard kit, but venoms should never be run with out the "standard" 2nd cannon.

(is it me or should they have wrote the Venom as having two cannons and for -pts you could swap to a TLSplinter Rifle?)

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts   Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 19:38

Regarding the klaivex this is not true. Maybe it is because i am a former fantasy player at a very competetive range but that extra LD is incredible importent. It costs you 30 pts total and it is worth it every time, BUT don't bother with any upgrades on the klaivex himself. Just bring him as he is.

Why some people might ask? Well it does happen that you have turns where you dont hit as many as you would. Then you suddenly lose combat by 1-2 and fail the moral check. Having that extra LD is very very good no mather what the other here tells you Smile

About the PGL on the Archon. Dont bother with it since you run small Incubi squads. When you run squads of the size 6-8 then bring a PGL, otherwise just go without and pick your fights.

The shredder is a weapon that i atleast hate. It doesnt bring anything to the table in my oppinion. If you get rid of the upgrades from the Klaivex you should have enough gold in your pocket to buy blasters for your warrior units insteed. If i'm not wrong you have at the monent 5 lances total? Thats half of the lances i bring along in my Footdar lists and those have atleast 3 Taloses, Beasts with rending attacks and harlequins, wyches that can wreck vehicles. You will have to reconsider how to pop transports cause as it is now you will be sitting with lots of poison shots doing nothing since your opponent hangs tight in his tanks just picking you apart.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts   Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 21:14

Ok Let me begin:

HQ: Shadowfield is 100% better than Clonefield/ghostplate combo... Just trust me...

Elites: Trueborn are too expensive, and will be a big target, Id suggest going with just 5 TB with 2 Cannons and 3 Carbines in the Venom, if you want to take that route

As for the Incubi, I would drop one to 4 with no upgrades, and throw the Archon in there with a PGL, and the other I would drop completely for more troops, which I will touch on later

Troops: I would either do 5 with a blaster (cheap and efficent) or 10 with a Cannon and a blaster (better, but expensive) But to each their own. Now you only have 2 troops at 1.5k, and that is horrendous. Most missons depend on you having your troops live till the end of the game. With only 3, Its easy for your opponent to kill them off, and then all you can do is draw. You definately need more. I would either drop 1 of the incubi, or the TB, depending on which route you want to go.

HS: only 1 HS choice??? and a Razorwing at that??? get some more, atleast two. And 1 should be a Ravager

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Pariah Stevo
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts   Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 01:08

I agree with everything Baron Torduck said, except I think shredders are viable, but never work them into my lists.

The biggest problem I see with you list is that you have almost no anti-tank. In todays meta of taking 8 razorbacks, you list simple has no chance. People will simple use their anti-tank to knock out the Razorwing, then just never get out of their transports. I mean, think about your list fighting against itself. It would be difficult to do any damage at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts   Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Twilight Sun 1500pts
Page 1 of 1