THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives   The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2012, 20:10

My name is Sami and I am a Dark Eldar player... wait, this sounds like the start of an AA meeting.

I'm terrible at these kinds of posts, so you're getting it in condensed form.

1) First played 40K when I was 12-13 years old (2nd edition) where I collected badly painted World Eaters and didn't field a legal list once. Faffed about with 3rd when the re-release of the Chaos book came out (daemon bombs!), and idled a bit in 4th. Was bored with the armies (especially Chaos in 4th edition), and really wanted to get back into the game with 5th as I actually had some money but couldn't find an army I liked. I then saw the new Dark Eldar models and was instantly sold. Thankfully, the codex turned out to be alright too Razz.

2) I last painted something when I was 13. I really really really want to paint this army but am terrified of putting paint to plastic. I have finally bitten the bullet and am in the process of sacrificing several Wyches to test out several highly advanced painting techniques such as watering down paints and putting the right paint on the right bit of plastic. Besides those few brave soldiers, the rest of the army is very much in midnight clad. Chaos Black midnight clad. Except for the Haemonculus, who as the HQ has to stand out so it currently painted in Finecast White. I expect all of you to teach me how to paint to an 'Eavy Metal standard. Failing that, teach me how to do Wych skin that doesn't look like a goth that fell over into a muddy puddle.

3) Apologies to those who know me from Warseer, and apologies in advance to those who don't Wink. Blame Tordeck for dragging me over here Smile. You guys really need a white-background-with-black-text theme - expect me to bang on about that. Lots. And before you bring up Warseer, it still has the default vB skin available!

Last edited by Sami on Sun Apr 15 2012, 21:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives   The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2012, 21:13

Glad to see you made it here finally
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives   The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 01:10

Best Kabal name EVER.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives   The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 08:23

Welcome Sami, DE are the new black, so you are in the right place.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives   The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 09:14

The Kabal of the Black Undercoat seems to have its agents everywhere. A treacherous lot, you don't really know what they want of you...

Welcome! Do not fear of screwing up the painting. Diligence is key. You can only get better by trying, as my internal comparison of "first painted mini" against "last painted mini" shows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives   The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 20:42

We're part of an underground movement to revise the "painted to 3 colour standard" rule to include shades of grey from patchy undercoating.

Thanks for the welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives   The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of the Black Undercoat arrives
Page 1 of 1