THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kugu
Slave

Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) Empty
PostSubject: Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army)   Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2012, 13:17

I've finally gotten around to painting my Dark Eldar, and playing them. I'm pretty new to painting but I'm really enjoying it, though the Wych bodies have me a bit confused. For the bits not 'metal' (armor plates) I need a color that dose not contrast to harshly, I can't bring myself to just leave it black. Any ideas or tips? I'm using the old Tin bits as a base and then just highlighting with shining gold for the highlight.

Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) IMG044 (A wych from my army)

Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) IMG045 (Another angle.)

Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) IMG046 (Multiple troops go easy on me!)

Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) IMG048 (Nother' look)

I know I still have a LOT of paining to do, and these photo's aren't the great (Taken on my phone in the best lighting I have at the moment.) but any advice will be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army)   Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2012, 15:11

I actually like the contrast between the black an metal, looks really cool. Maybe just highlights with dark gray?

If you want color reds and greens go really well with the metal colors you used, possibly even blue a a cold vs. warm color. Depending on the contrast you can go for a bright color or really dark. I think really dark green would look great also. You can see how good the bright green looks that you already use.

I find it a bit hard to comment though as what I find beautiful you might not like at all. Just take one test model and try different colors. For somebody who is new to painting it looks really good already!
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army)   Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02 2012, 11:33

I quite like the colour scheme - just go back over the armour with the black to touch up your edge highlighting and maybe blend up your edges too. Looking good, keep it up
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army)   Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02 2012, 12:12

Love the Scourge paint, looks realy nice. For the wyches, you might want to try blunt dark red, giveing a few "cracks" in the leather armor with black, paint the skin pale white. I honestly don like the red hair on DE. I might go with black. But so far, love the Incu and the Scourge. GJ and keep it up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army)   Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 20:19

I would avoid red if I were you, has connotations of Khorne, by all means go for it if you want, but I'd go with a rich green, it looks really good with gold without having associations with existing GW colour schemes. For the same reason I'd avoid blue with the gold, looks very 'thousand sons-y'. If you wanted to go with something really off the wall you could try bone-white with gore-splatters - lonewolf's method is really good.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army)   Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with wych Colors? (And the rest of my army)
Page 1 of 1