THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shifty60
Slave

Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover Empty
PostSubject: Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover   Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 19:09

Hello all,

I'm just staring dark eldar, I have a battleforce, and have played a few small games.

Quick question regarding Turbo Boosting with reavers to hit units in cover.

The turbo boost rule states that you can not move through terrain, however jetbikes ignore terran.

Long story short, can I turbo boost and use the bladevane attack on units in cover?

Also, it states that cover saves can be taken for hits from the bladvanes so I take it as a yes.

Sorry for the noob question, I dont want to cheat.

Thanks

Last edited by shifty60 on Fri May 11 2012, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover   Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 19:20

If the Codex says that they can take cover saves then it would be a yes. That is just my opinion, though, and I haven't played with Reavers much before.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover   Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 19:48

You can't move through terrain when turbo boosting.
Jetbikes move over terrain when moving.

Yes, you can bladevane a unit in cover.
Back to top Go down
Hankifer
Slave
Hankifer

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover   Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 15:44

In order to get a cover save to use, you usually have to be in some kind of terrain. I think it'd be silly to include the line about being able to use the cover save against bladevanes if that never came up, and it'd only come up if your Reavers moved over the unit stuck in a piece of terrain, thereby moving over that terrain.

I've always played it where you can move regardless of terrain in the way because, as Thor said, you move over terrains with jetbikes, not through it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover   Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turbo Boost + Bladevanes in cover
Page 1 of 1