THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....

Go down 
+4
Evil Space Elves
The_Burning_Eye
S'jet
GAR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... Empty
PostSubject: Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....   Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 21:48

I have to tell you there were several very good entries and I was hard pressed to pick a winner.

My usual criteria is technical ability and presentation followed by "feel/theme" as the tiebreaker. Not exactly Golden Demon method, but I do know what I am looking for and what I am looking at, so I feel I can make a fair assessment.

With that in mind, let us begin

5th Place: Skari
I did like the freehand camo work on this and it stood out to me.
Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... IMG-20120430-00314

4th Place: The Burning Eye
I have to say, the bright green Hurricane slash across the canopy was a nice touch
Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... Razorwing_WIP_002

I have to admit that these 3 really stuck out at me, and each one was in contention for the top place.

3rd place S'Jet
Well executed and the battle damage/rust effect was well done, but I found that felt like something was missing. I struggle with this myself, and I will sit and stare at a modle for days and weeks trying figure out what it needs to make it "click " in my vision for what I want to see. Still, very well done.
Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... 364097_md-Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Ravager%2C%20Ravager%20WIP

2nd Place: Speedfreek
As one would expect from speedfreek, this is a awesome display of skill and composition. However, while it is brilliant, my eye keeps wandering around the model looking for a focus. I know the face mask on the canopy is the focal point, but it did not quite hold my attention. I love this model and I wish I could see it in person.
Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... 052

Best Overall: Saintspirit
Technically, this is not the most complex model. However it is flawlessly executed in terms of color and balance. The use of green and red are well done and most importantly balance the entire model out. The way it is done, I continue to focus on the bright red sail and the Mon on it. The use of the red, with the white, and that is really what did it, was the tiny white details on the red located on the prow and the rudder as well as the eyes of the crew, that pushed this one over the top to claim top prize.

Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... L1180785
Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... L1180786

Best overall now has a choice:

I will make for you one of the following selections:

1) 3 blown up vehicle markers made from bits I own and other materials. Please specify which vehicles you would like. Venom, Raider or Ravager. One of each or any combination of the 3, so longs as it is no more than 3.

2) Pain tokens. I will make 6 pain tokens for you.

3) 2 objective markers.

Some assembly make be required once you get them ( if they are too big, I will lose my shirt on the shipping, especially international shipping).

Please PM me with your choice, and your address. It make take me a few weeks to get everything done and in the mail.

As yet, none of these exist, so there are no pictures to chose from. But I will document my progress so you can see how they are developing.

Again, a huge thanks to everyone for participating. It has been a great time seeing all the entries and I look for ward to the next edition.

Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
S'jet
Hellion
S'jet

PostSubject: Re: Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....   Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 22:05

Congrats to Spiritsaint and everyone else =)

@GAR I agree with what you say. My vehicles need something more. I just wanted to get the vehicles to this stage to start. Then i'll be adding big Runes (probably some kind of faded brown, don want them standing out too much) and nid trophies should tie it all together =)
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....   Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 22:42

Congratulations all,
and thank you again GAR for running this, looking forward to the next one! Please, please let it be fast attack!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....   Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 03:11

Nice work guys! Congratulations to Saintspirit to for painting a damn-fine Ravager! I'm excited to see what you guys make for the next round.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....   Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 09:09

Congratulations to Saintspirit for his victory. That's a killer Ravager. Good work all around, really, all of you guys did really well.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....   Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 09:48

Wow, thanks a lot. It is always good when ones hard work pays off - and this was some hard work, I can tell you. I'll PM you very soon (think I know what prize I'll choose, indeed very thankful for such offerings).
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....   Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 10:41

Congratulations everyone, some fantastic models. Seems I'll have to pull my game up for next round. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....   Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 15:14

all the models were amazing, congrats to everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....   Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archon's Challenge Stage 3. AND THE WINNER IS.....
Page 1 of 1