THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

pricing for custom units

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yadahr of the Stolen Star
Hellion

pricing for custom units Empty
PostSubject: pricing for custom units   pricing for custom units I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2012, 18:46

i have a very good understanding of most aspects of custom units with the exception of one of the most important: pricing it. does anyone have a system for that?
Back to top Go down
Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: pricing for custom units   pricing for custom units I_icon_minitimeSat May 26 2012, 00:16

Take the cost of a unit it is similar to, work out costs for upgrades based on existing ones, and go from there.
This is flawed when I created a 6-model 'Coven' for the Poisoned Tongue and it came to over 300 points. When that sort of thing happens, common sense dictates.
Back to top Go down
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: pricing for custom units   pricing for custom units I_icon_minitimeSat May 26 2012, 17:59

thansk. how do you price increases in stats, though?
Back to top Go down
Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: pricing for custom units   pricing for custom units I_icon_minitimeSun May 27 2012, 01:14

That's a much harder one, as it depends on the stats of the unit you're upgrading. For example, T3-T4 isn't so big, but T4-T5 is, so those two jumps will have different costs. Usually from 3-4 is 5 points ofr S & T, 4-5 is 15-20 points and so on.
WS, BS and I are cheaper than S & T for obvious reasons, except WS8-9. That's a big jump.
Pretty much, work out how much more powerful the jump makes the unit and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pricing for custom units   pricing for custom units I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pricing for custom units
Page 1 of 1