THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf

Go down 
+12
Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
ftayl5
Foo
Sith'ari
Ghosttrain23
Allandrel
Demagoge
Cavash
Firdeth
Siticus the Ancient
The_Burning_Eye
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12 2012, 12:05

UPDATE - 12th September

Ravagers. One with Dark Lances and one with Disintegrators. I did think about trying to magnetise the weaponry but it seemed to be incredibly fiddly to do. I will be getting another Ravager soon and will attempt to magnetise the weapons on that one. Then I will have one Ravager of each type and a third that can be swapped over so I can field 2 of either type in any battle. Third heavy support slot is usually taken up with either a pain engine or flyer anyway.

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000271

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000270

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000269

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000293

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000292

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000291

Next up are Wyches, as I find myself rather short on Troop choices at the moment.

Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12 2012, 14:35

Such a vibrant purple!
Back to top Go down
ftayl5
Hellion
ftayl5

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12 2012, 22:31

Sathonyx looks great, love the red.
Ravager looks good, though the sail could do with a bit of shading maybe?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 00:12

Both Ravagers look very well done, very clean and neat. I like the different coloured weapon types, I do a variation of the same.

ftayl5 wrote:

Had missed your Baron, and I have to agree with ftayl5. Very nice!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 01:31

Well done on those! Inspiring! The purple on the Ravagers really looks great. I never finished my second one, and here you are getting ready to do a third Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 10:00

ftayl5 wrote:
Ravager looks good, though the sail could do with a bit of shading maybe?

I'm having trouble shading the sails as they are just flat sheets. I've added some darker purple around the edges where the sails meet the mast spines but I'm still not entirely happy with them.

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 18:22

UPDATE - 27th September

Wyches! Finally got these bad boys (and girls) finished today. I’m looking to make two 5-man squads here to go tank hunting with Haywire Grenades so the Hekatrix is probably not equipped right but I’ll make a full 10-man close combat squad soon so she can go with them. Might do some Bloodbrides at some point, simply because I want to try a reverse of the paint scheme that I used here with red clothing and black armour plates.

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000318

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000319

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000320

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000321

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000322

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000323

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000324

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000325

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000326

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000327

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000328

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000329

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000331
Working on a Venom for these girls at the moment and hopefully will have that done shortly, in time for the September Monthly Vow.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2012, 11:46

UPDATE – October to December

Been a while since I’ve updated the project log. Finished the Venom for the Wyches and painted up another. Still only got three of these bad boys at the moment so I think I might have to invest in some more at some point as they are awesome but far too fragile in such small numbers.

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000333

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000336

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 IMG_0409

Also added some more Warriors, which I can also use as Trueborn. I now have a total of 30 Warriors/Trueborn, with 8 Blasters, 3 Dark Lances, 2 Splinter Cannons and the rest with Splinter Rifles. This gives me lots of options for the army list.

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000355

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000357

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000360

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000367

Next up was a unit of 6 Reavers. These were the guys I bought from Ebay so they were already built and primed black. Unfortunately a couple of the riders didn’t quite fit properly so I had to jiggle with them a bit and ended up replacing one of their arms as I couldn’t get the existing one to fit on the handlebars. I wasn’t sure if Reavers are affiliated to the Wych Cults or not but decided that I would paint them in a similar way, so they have lots of red on them, like my Wyches and Beastmasters.

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000404

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000405

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000406

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000409

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000410

I’m now working on some new Beastmasters, using Dark Elf Cold One Knights with some Wych bits. I wasn’t keen on my original Beastmasters, which just look like Hellions so I decided to make some new ones. I’ll use some Shardnets and Impalers to make them look like beast handlers, and maybe a spare Agoniser too.

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2012, 17:16

Great looking army Count, I am particularly partial to the Reavers. The edging and highlighting really sets them off.

Well done!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12 2012, 09:39

Thanks very much. i was quite surprised at how quick the Reavers were to paint, which is fortunate as I have another 12 of them still to do!

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 15:37

UPDATE – January 2013

Replacements for the old Beastmasters are here. Basically Wyches and Hellions on Dark Elf Cold Ones. Going to do a couple more of these and add in 5 more Khymerae and a Clawed Fiend, using an old metal Ambull model. Not sure I’ll actually use it but will be nice to have the option!

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000449

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000450

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000451

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000452

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000453

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000454

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03 2013, 13:09

Wow! Those wyches on cold ones look like they were always meant to be there! I guess it's like they say - evil elves always look good on dinosaurs. At some point, I very well might do the same - this just looks too good not to try myself! Really good job.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 10:18

UPDATE – February 2013

Next 5 Khymerae are done. Decided to change the look of them from my previous version. The old ones are these:

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000162

Which I was quite happy with but I saw some LotR Army of the Dead models recently and decided to make the next batch try to look more ghostly.

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000465

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000456

Also, last 2 Beastmasters:

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000481

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000482

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000483

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000484

And another Raider:

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000478

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000479

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000480

I also started to repaint my old Eldar models for use as allies. First up we have the main man, Eldrad Ulthran!

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000485

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000486

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 P1000487

Next up I’m working on some Incubi and another Venom.

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 12:53

Wow, I really like the ghost dogs! Now those are creatures of nightmare! The beastmasters and Eldrad are excellent as well! Great work.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 12:59

Thanks. Thinking of repainting the first batch of dogs to match the new ones.

Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 14:36

Great looking Beastmasters! Did you have much trouble mounting the bodies on the Cold Ones? Makes me want to try and convert a Beastmaster unit up.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 14:52

I used a couple of passenger models from Raider and Venom kits. These fitted quite well although I had to pose one of them (the one with the whip) as though she was rising up in the saddle rather than sitting on it. The other guys are Hellions and they fitted quite easily apart from one where I had to reposition one of the legs. I also did have to reposition a torso on one of the Hellions as it was leaning too far forwards. I had to cut a wedge out of the pelvis area of the legs to tilt the torso back a bit and fill in some gaps with green stuff. Nothing too complicated though.

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 14:58

Say, could you give a quick rundown how you painted them? I would like to paint a few units like this myself. It seems to be turqouise base, then mixing it with white for all layers, correct? Also, were you drybrushing them?

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 15:09

I'm going from memory here but black primer then a base coat of Castellan Green over the whole body and a layer of Warboss Green over the scales (rather than the leathery skin areas). Drybrush with Zamesi Desert then wash the whole lot with Biel-tan Green. Another lighter drybrush with Zamesi Desert then go over the scales only with Waywatcher Green glaze. I think that's about it. The horns and spines were basecoated Rakarth Flesh, washed with Reikland Fleshshade and highlighted with Ushabti Bone.

Have to say I was very, very pleased with the way they turned out. I think they look very natural, which works nicely next to the supernatural beasts they run with.

Omnicide
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 23:54

I really like the way u paint ur raiders/ravagers and the crews for them... do u do something special with the black or is it just really good lighting?

Cant tell if u highlighted black-gray as well as the purple edges or just black with the purple edge highlights
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 09:50

Omnicide wrote:
I really like the way u paint ur raiders/ravagers and the crews for them... do u do something special with the black or is it just really good lighting?

Cant tell if u highlighted black-gray as well as the purple edges or just black with the purple edge highlights

For the vehicles I don't highlight the black areas at all as most of the edges will end up being purple anyway and that draws attention away from the black parts.

For the crew, and also my Kabalite Warriors/Trueborn I spray black and then drybrush the whole model with Lucius Lillac before washing the whole model with Druchii Violet. I then edge highlight the armour plates with Genestealer Purple and wash them again with Druchii Violet before picking out all the flesh, metal, hair etc.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 10:17

Wow! Eight years since I updated this project log Embarassed

When our 8e codex came out I thought Wyches would be the new hot thing so I built a load of them but turned out I couldn't have been more wrong so I never quite got around to painting them. With the 9e codex however it's clear that Wyches ARE the new hot thing so I'm now pulling my finger out. Got another squad finished off and working on a third one with a fourth one built and primed. I'll get some pics later of those. I have however completed three Succubi and thought I'd post up some pics of them.

First up, the 'standard' Succubus which I built and painted for 8e.

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 _bqwN_CUOeTyEZZ135QQMTsQelKLDjA0BVGe13DTwUFg8dw0iJzeMRo8eqnxpciooHjuoIyLT9cKKO62JEWCm5V2Ye8BqEfN1cy5_GS-liy5njbsMzq9SvjA8khXCH2TJgmYiPjcRYsaIujYMuq2Yr9Pxb4KkVMsWmaMqZWInsHSHiPg4BEsOEd5JVyHq4wBJkopMFxhh5ZMZeiRBGqmX5vkTAr8w_5xI0ahu0DHuwWxHGCpnd5t5ezVjmpZKuY_J30y7393YJStl_wQ8PgTk0oZZbTTd43T1JNd4Irf3n_Zrvo18xFYKKHKDzqwspS9ExgqB6J8st6mzwlffR8vzz_3IUs6kwEuPfLOLTgpDQO9HQYsm5Y9P_34xWTH1CRBfJ2ZpZZKu-5luVz3P4JQdEWy7Sz_2NkEsVST-V9j0oNbUbUpY81my7rYz2yikpIMNf9mgPT3kyLDxoROeBVVle1z2H7pZJ1AavZfIG2kUj6QJ6YwGNqxpbNMS7l7sAUWscSpC33v_vkGEIYWye5U4HOzH6xlx6ZL-kg_DeRlXfb8Nbji-_3IuS3BL1hLRGC9G8DOQVsY-Z-REfkt3Y8S9s0SD-Xcn56cWhGlmD_bKCwM6JfVZM9xuPg1DRo0AkwnDeffrTKlljTUKzvt5D0z8VpiTjbQvK6syZY5QU1Jz9qA1Wv-K07HnXlRSPJDSQoblCSG0zPZZDLBxFzSw1P-33g=w516-h917-no?authuser=0

Then we have the Triptych Whip version, converted from a Warcry Khainite Shadowstalker, with a head swap (keeping the hair though) and new base.

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 5CxXaIZvqNgXfvIb_z0TMgiINt0GT5NlI0YTATL7yjmFFgikCqB2amfRQD_7oX5n-AmjIRTJKPZ1GUVliQvp5QCUdSFOpZ_c2uoiT8lNBAYOBsqIgwmnJWwn1xzCpRWGQbC-oWKh96YiR_Hk16GCzCbPCrSSJLtL6K3xnhybFyYBxXR18RJ2q3aI7FIyzYbFmEDXPD8hdeTOF4FHJFpGPyFCc8Acey09bGTi1Q0vTemAzZuQ-1cB1v9iVvQalpHrAMztPTqAG-xX_zsGSQLOumvA8wPPyiClvHQLU7IPFoDuRLxUGlWqWsdTnESFl1TbzXKy6DL7xkn2UUDz1npCKhw_hUt6cwMCzwbr3rTSdPuLw0WU6Ape16bc0WK6LZrKO9HC93xhlaVdgJ_q988L9jtYHbTrfMZF2p2sU8azfnEZLfKla4W_Y7F2h2VsGZWos7K2KWMLQksKLQsaplF4z2n_aMr3CxcOvPCvg5udWOZFkrj9qAZtRJD1GlO7gM9l-BmVgszwGop2IzGYzReEFcgOrOfWxFStki8HsCyOdkuZYQ-F-4WuNyGy9HjzE380DWyf_kHjVOQcRgbo-TrjcKXZ5UxLLaxhnxJPgzM03E4bsfCwd6u1X5ZmxBS98zKbkJozug8kkwAElpiNAuw2q0mHjKwxRqrraV52oK2Q3NyVYCQA4XMSiP4lk5X4C0EsyaZLO9mUYylO__5cRygUaoE=w516-h917-no?authuser=0

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 X_v-SxrVY2fLisIY6CQSbZP9GyijB-3EkjBXbQQXtqWj4XypSXlWJQSFMdcQzDfSrUNRMzIzIqKRCV1P4BsX8m8qyA9GjTt8-1FQWmGkk_1DbjZBGYQqxNLtQbmHEL1QHN_UlN8qjEB_F5Fzw_4EoIAHASVSs3s2s9YUG9xaS21AKWgYMfpYxcMfRvdg0v6HHrdLhnwrILbgCFlW44nKOfcWUs9kp7KluFiaN2LWi9jCF8aeWc08GtDJ3aH-ZOhWjT6tNYyZbxCbc7sj35QKgPFtoJhtSBCF0tE4-sQgft_8tJnWkVa67zt_4_IXorQApBWH3sdjQwkLP9XMlpREKWx0jRfWez1hoiMgSQOAHMIY8Dkg29E-1tbb7c9Mm0MXFXA7uSjOb-d6ef1QywHJ0NIeRHIJ_AEGAKAB_tsDixPbHKDRExk5lAzR-KYwPQAHpeL68XDED-vfHo0Coges6cvn4cZS-a9FTROaMkRnPGBWw4W7_DFKqIVr6FRa4NTxCEuVmdP3mtgTKMlNrMeUCy-hNHiDDE92sj-Usdk0z08bR_V_VRZC2PCtMBUFNifOqSVQrnCHnlf49CsjUZVErvcl_buacdyLYgng9tpnQ_8CsEoFiqAz8Cd-s-mlTU5mAMU3ilrfB0YT7W3Pfn-sdAzdsjH42I71L9pdH4FbQEeh2m7hBoOoniODGcxUjlA9Dmv3y2Iu9Dnvslj-NPJQGwY=w516-h917-no?authuser=0

And lastly, the Razorflails Succubus. I've made this one more like a normal Wych, with just a fancier base as I suspect she'll get nerfed in the FAQ and I can then just use her as a Wych.

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 VbpfnmarsgscCatn7jItgqmuhwOnrZcB1Hz1fmlbw9nQ1TfY0U_KfdonSoSMKsE4mLv5rkzhigDxAx9AHvL4U5OY52QcVj2UTxY1wmCSjlL0FuBB9KxBz0fXgGzNtSplk-D28vN1BMFXdRIpdgdDjUv5OvYjr09I63V-e0eE6suVKRtgzJbANVBYxU9jILeuFamXD8pYuodl3af-WQORcuJq9bmHFzoSptmLTzA7kxSfjQ-DxvPcLiSXQlnkiX8lUgP3Icmvwn2cNsORmxbKRLWCjcJTJwbgn_Mv2JwMDCtkaO3scSNFh8ahFMkw1KQOMVh_R9RkZWdBXfT01esF9fgoUzzBQN2S_kuPmgvx3WwSMi8i5BD9GoZv4SyxCuGlkvzqn5rxqk6UVi84rf3R9gY99qDoVy7WciTla70l9t4sDeGSERkR5Wwr-JwHKBhybmUBybjnm2CT0o6pwtX57IcKaSI2cFiSiaXImQtB7fw0-wGs0dnOXbXLHAse7zi7Yyha2UmLLX79c98QkcsH1ym8w3Cup28SlZngOawPuo3FCpfjRveU2LbkxkY5NDXDu0Eqad2wV06TldwJ4PSmaddwQblOC1jUBsJCDc6_LslWZX-IH4GnkBVlWjsiVaeNhFNSeF-krcwl_P7Key1WD0_fah-qpr959n6YJ5aI3C9hrZw9zeETjewwFJ8yc8bqJmLoAmkI6O07RzjH9SxUCyo=w516-h917-no?authuser=0

red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:46

Huh, I always liked Wyches, even if they weren't the best option. Never stopped using them.

None of your images are visible to me, I just get shown a symbol indicating there was an error.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:51

Hmmm, I can see the latest ones just fine but some of the earlier ones from a few years ago are missing. I guess that's probably because I used a different host for the pics then and it's probably defunct now.

red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:52

Funnily enough, I can see most of the older ones. But those in your latest post? Nope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Snarling Wolf   Kabal of the Snarling Wolf - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Snarling Wolf
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next