THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 points Kabal of the black wolf

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

1850 points Kabal of the black wolf Empty
PostSubject: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16 2013, 23:43

Greetings fellow archon. In a couple of months I'll be attending a large tournament in my area (50 players) and I would like to bring my beloved DE. I would like to get your input on my list.

2 things you need to know about the meta : 1- There's still a lot of mech list in the meta. 2- Terrain will be minimal (I know...I know)

HQ
Baron
Farseer on Jetbike with Shard of Anaris

Troops
3 Windriders
2 x 5 Wyches with HWG in venom with dual SC and Nightshield
3 x 10 Warriors with SC in raider (disintegrator) and nightshield

Fast:
5 Beastmasters, 5 Khymera and 8 Flocks
6 Reavers with 2 heatlance

Heavy
3 Ravagers with NS

Both HQ goes with the beast. The seer trail behind to guide/presience ravagers. Reavers will strikes where I need them. The wyches are there for heavy armor, otherwise they siteback and shoot with their venom.

Any thoughts? I wasn't sure about the beastpack since my chance to get forewarning or invisibility are low and there's so much ignore cover... but I wanted a units that would scare my opponents and take the opressure away from my troops.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18 2013, 11:50

I tested this list against a non-optimised Daemons list :
2 Defilers
2 x 15 Horrors
2 x 10? Plaguebearers
2 x 3 flamers
2 x 6 Screamers
Lord of change
something like 7 jump pack cavalry of nurgle

He went first and conceded before the end of turn 2 with only his horror, une squad of PG and his defilers left.
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18 2013, 16:24

Your beastpack will be the focus for the enemy and to increase saturation I would drop night shields of basically everything.

Also on boards with little or no BLOS terrain I would for sure try to increase the amount of Dogs. I'd go something like 4BM, 10 dogs and 4 Flocks. Sure Damage output is decreased but you will increase your chance greatly of actually getting into the CC. Right now you can either Sfield tank and hope for Fortune (which admittedly could work but risky to count on the fortune roll), hope for a possible invisibility roll or you just have to hope that your dogs survive long enough to tank up all str 6 shooting coming your way. Considering you are actually gearing all your boats to deter fire the beastpack will take a punch.

Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18 2013, 16:35

Also I don't get the points to 1850. I get 1832 with what you have written in your OP.

Stripping NS of boats and going 4-4-10 Beastpack you will ahve 110p left to play with.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19 2013, 15:04

Are there no flyers by you? It seems like any list with 3+ flyers will tear through a good chunk of your army pretty unchallenged, that's prob the only serious issue I see with your list. I'd prob also take another windrider squad over reavers. 6 with 2 cannons is 32 points cheaper than the reavers, provide some decent S6 firepower, score and are tougher (you've got anti-heavy armor covered elsewhere in the list). That'd also give you the points to go 10/6 with the beasts. Other than that I like it and it's actually pretty similar to what I run for tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 12:02

Yeah I forgot a couple of points in upgrades here and there...

In my meta there is next to no flyer... one helldrake from time to time, one nightschythe and 2 Vendetta. I usually deal with them by staying out of their firing arc. I will need to try the windriders over the reavers but I really like the reaver... while not S6, the baveblade attack is very effective against infantry.

I had one match so far with this list against Daemon. He conceded on turn 2 but I admit is list is so so.

Lord of change
2 x 6 Screamers
2 x 3 Flamers
2 x 15 Horrors
2 x 10 Plague bearer
7? Flies of nurgle
2 Defilers

I gave him first turn and he only took 1 HP off a venom (we had night fight).
His lords, flies and screamers moved forwards (horrors and flamers were in reserve)
On my turn I kill all but one fly with venom fire and my Kabalite. Then I baveblane s quad of PG killing 5. I multi assault the screamers with the beastpack and 5 and 4 of them. On his turn he explodes both venoms and kill 7 of the wyches. He move his lord and fly into assault. All his units died except the lord... I hit and run. I wipe his lord with my kabalites and he conceded.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 12:02

I just had a horrible game against a white scar army..

2 x 5 Bikers
Libririan on bike
Khan

2 x 10 Tactical (plasma/plasma) outflanking in rhino
10 Tactical plasma/plasma
2 Stormtalons
5 Scouts

Whirlwind
Thunderfire cannon
Vindicator

Scouring Nightfing vanguard deployement.
Khan and the Thunderfire cannon recked havok on my beastpack, IDing my Flocks (he rolled enfeeble :/). While I had fortune, I couldn't buy a save to save my life (Baron got 6 wounds and I managed to fail my 2++ rerollable on the first one...). 2 Ravagers could not kill 2 bikers and those two bikers exploded my last raider with hammer of wrath. The dices gods were not with me. While I made a couple of mistake (forgot to move my beastpack once which prevented me from assaulting the footslogging marines for 1 turn, played my reavers veery poorly by baveblaning the footslogging marines on turn 1) this game shows me the vulnerability of the beastpack.

So I'm planning the following changes for my next game.
Trade a gun boat for 5 warrior in venoms (NS + SC)
Trade de reavers for 5 whyches with HWG in venom (NS + SC)
Upgrade the windriders to 7 with 2 Shiruken cannons
New beastpack : 4 Beastmaters, 10 Khymeraes and 4 Razorwing Flocks.

More troops, more shots at 36" and a more survivable Beastpack.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 12:29

The changes sound good. But why 7 jetbikes instead of normal 6?
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 13:43

I had a couple of extrapoints. I wasn't sure what to do with them so I went for one more body in a scoring unit.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 21:20

If you run a farseer with beasts I'd spend those extra points on runes of warding and a spear rather than the extra jet bike. It's only one use but when it stops something like enfeebled/hallucinate/misfortune/doom/etc. early on in the game it's well worth the points. The spear is mostly filler points but helps against vehicles and lets the unit charge land raiders for extra movement when needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points Kabal of the black wolf   1850 points Kabal of the black wolf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 points Kabal of the black wolf
Page 1 of 1