THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th edition release date and cost.

Go down 
+16
Kinnay
Azdrubael
Ruke
Torpedo Vegas
dominus nox
pingualoty
Allandrel
Count Adhemar
Shadows Revenge
The_Burning_Eye
Cavash
CaptainBalroga
Sky Serpent
Demagoge
Ciirian
Evil Space Elves
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

6th edition release date and cost. Empty
PostSubject: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 00:27

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2700048

So I guess that the date is official. Any world on what kind of a hit the new rulebook will cause my poor decimated wallet?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 02:01

I heard rumors of Chaos Space Marines being in the 6th edition boxed game. If that is true and its around 100$ I will probably be going that route. Thats what I did with the past two editions.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 02:44

Ciirian wrote:
I heard rumors of Chaos Space Marines being in the 6th edition boxed game. If that is true and its around 100$ I will probably be going that route. Thats what I did with the past two editions.
They usually only release the rulebook first and do the cool boxed starter set after a few months. Like a sucker, I usually by both to have a real rulebook to read at home and the travel sized one from the box for taking to the LFGS (not to mention all of the cool minis). I'm trying to figure out if the rule book will be an $80 hardback.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Demagoge
Hellion
Demagoge

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 10:04

I think they´ll do the same price as the 8th edition fantasy. So in Germany it´s about 60,- €. Don´t know the $-prices.

Michael

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 11:08

Already discussing this in 6th rumour thread Wink

Book will more than likely cost the same as the 8th ed fantasy book.

Has 440 pages.

23rd is order date. 30th is release date.

Starter box will be unveiled at Games Day UK.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 23:08

Ciirian wrote:

Ditto. A small rulebook and Chaos Marines (to supplement my <800 pt sub army of Chaos Undivided Marines) would be awesome.

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 23:15

The Chaos Marines sound like the most likely rumour out there, although the other possibility, which I don't think will happen, is Craftworld Eldar. I think that this would be quite cool, but I will be pleased either way.

6th edition release date and cost. YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 00:13

Sky Serpent wrote:

Starter box will be unveiled at Games Day UK.

Do you happen to know when this is out of curiosity?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 12:21

UK Games Day is the 23rd September. Unveiling of the starter box I don't know.
I'm expecting more teasers from GW before then though, if only because when you check on their website, the latest trailer is entitled 'teaser no. 1'. To my mind, why give it a number if it's the only one?

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 13:49

Starter box will either be unveiled or available to buy at Games Day. There will be a special, limited edition run of 5000 copies too.

Contents are Dark Angels vs Chaos Space Marines

Possibly Belial
Terminators
Tactical Squad
Bikes

Sorcerer
Chosen/Possessed
Cultists
Dreadnought

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 16:01

Awesome.

I shall certainly be buying it.

Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 18:53

Ha! You could just paint them all green, say they're Fallen, and call it a complete army.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 19:23

CaptainBalroga wrote:
Ha! You could just paint them all green, say they're Fallen, and call it a complete army.

actually it would be black... as the fallen are all in pre-heresy DA colors...
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 23:13

^ although interestingly Games Workshop painted their version of Cypher in dark green rather than black.

Better start saving the pennies I guess, not long till Games Day.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 23:16

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
^ although interestingly Games Workshop painted their version of Cypher in dark green rather than black.

Yeah, GW are quite good at not paying attention to logic, it is a cool model though.

Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 03:41

Shadows Revenge wrote:
CaptainBalroga wrote:

actually it would be black... as the fallen are all in pre-heresy DA colors...

I did not think about that, and I should have, having had a bunch of dark purple Emperor's Children explained to me at length just the other day (Lucius the Not-So-Eternal got Lanced to death). Just as well, as my Kabalite color scheme is dangerously close to loyalist Dark Angels. The next best option for mixing obvious Chaos models with obvious Loyalist models would be...Red Corsairs? Having two space pirate armies isn't indulgent, right?

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 13:10

This comes from Darnok of Warseer, these are website descriptions of the new products.

Warhammer 40,000: Rulebook, £45 wrote:
There is no time for peace. No respite. No forgiveness.

There is only WAR.

In the nightmare future of the 41st Millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of destruction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens and threatened from within by Warp-spawned entities and heretical plots. Only the strength of the immortal Emperor of Terra stands between humanity and its annihilation, and in his name, countless warriors and agents do battle against the encroaching darkness. Foremost amongst them stand the Space Marines, the ultimate protectors of Mankind.

Across airless moons, within the depths of dark, twisted hive worlds and even in the immaterial realm of Warp space, battles rage that will shape the future of the galaxy forever.
It is a universe that you can enter today, if you dare. But remember that this is a dark and terrible era, and there is no peace amongst the stars...

The Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook is your essential guide to playing atmospheric battles in the 41st Millennium. It helps you field majestic armies of Citadel miniatures across the war-ravaged battlefields of the far-future, in the ultimate contest of strategy and skill.

With 440 full-colour pages, this hardback Rulebook is packed with rich background and contains all the rules for fighting pulse-pounding tabletop battles. The Rulebook includes exciting features such as dynamic close-combat, flyers, psychic devastation and interactive scenery. As well as jaw-dropping artwork, contained within is a history of the 41st Millennium and a richly detailed guide to the races and weapons of the far-future. It also features a comprehensive hobby section to set you on the path to choosing, collecting and building your own Warhammer 40,000 army of Citadel miniatures.
Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer 40,000: Psychic Powers, £8
One of the many exciting features of Warhammer 40,000 is Psychic devastation, where Psykers wreak havoc on the battlefield. Psychic Powers is the complete set of Psychic cards, which be used in conjunction with Psychic Disciplines. They make a great accessory to your tabletop games.

Warhammer 40,000: Psychic Powers, £8 wrote:
This set contains 35 large-format cards and come stored in a plastic fan-opening case, which bears the Aquila. There are 7 cards for each Psychic Discipline, each of which is represented by distinct artwork. There is also an instruction leaflet that classifies which powers can be used by the main Psykers in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

There are also "Munitorum Templates" (£12, designed with a metal effect look), "Munitorum Tape Measure" (£10, looking like a Servoskull) and "Munitorum Dice" (£10, while stocks last).

On advance order on 23th, available from 30th of June.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 14:46

I really hoped the "lores" werent true... sadly there is almost no doubt now... guess we are all about to start playing fantasy "IN SPACE!!!!"

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 14:52

Shadows Revenge wrote:
I really hoped the "lores" werent true... sadly there is almost no doubt now... guess we are all about to start playing fantasy "IN SPACE!!!!"

I just don't get how they are going to do this without completely altering the existing psychic powers for all the codexes via a FAQ or something. Everyone always says that the latest codexes are written with the next edition in mind and the GK codex really doesn't seem to support the card and dice system.

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 16:19

I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick with the new psychic powers. From what I gather, psykers will be able to use certain disciplines as well as their own codex powers.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 16:25

and then you have armies like ours, tau, and Crons that dont have any psychics at all... hopefully it isnt like playing Fantasy without a Wizard... which is impossible now unless you are dwarves

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 23:51

Waaaaaay back in 2nd edition, 40k psykers used a "psychic card game" almost identical to the system 4th edition Fantasy had just introduced, including most psykers being able to generate their powers from both their own decks (Librarian, Slaanesh, etc.) and a generic "Adeptus" deck.

Even at 12, I was not a fan. Sure, everyone could run psykers. (Necrons were not introduced until very late 2E, and of course DE and Tau were 3E additions.) But while an entire mini-game devoted to wizards in fantasy made some sense - it's part of the genre expectations - the same does not apply to psykers in 40k.
Back to top Go down
pingualoty
Hellion
pingualoty

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 04:50

White Dwarf pics.

https://imgur.com/a/Fbh2R
Back to top Go down
dominus nox
Hellion
dominus nox

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 04:58

So it looks as though this actually is the Rulebook cover.

[img]6th edition release date and cost. 6thedbook[/img]
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 05:20

I like the psychic powers table, it's a lot more balanced than I thought it would be.
Stuff looks pretty cool, hopefully I'll be able to grab it in time.

Now as for the release date, I assume they're using the Western European Time Zone time right? Or are they gonna stagger the releases per region?

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th edition release date and cost.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next