THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th edition release date and cost.

Go down 
+16
Kinnay
Azdrubael
Ruke
Torpedo Vegas
dominus nox
pingualoty
Allandrel
Count Adhemar
Shadows Revenge
The_Burning_Eye
Cavash
CaptainBalroga
Sky Serpent
Demagoge
Ciirian
Evil Space Elves
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 12:59

which seems to say it all really given how few people rate it. Personally I'm a subscriber, but I know there's very little love for WD out there in general, at least that's the way it comes across on forums. It's true, gone are the glory days of fat bloke and original concepts like the Tale of four Gamers, but I like reading battle reports and seeing nice glossy pictures (no, not THAT kind of glossy pictures).

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Ceddyn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 14:32

Seelenberührer wrote:

I'm pretty sure GW's marketing department is called "White Dwarf", isn't it? rabbit

You're referring to the catalog department, although I do admit that the WD content has been improving again.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: pre-orders 6th edition   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 14:39

Well I hope this is the right place to post this,

but wayland games and mealstrom already accept pre-orders for the 6th edition rulebook and other 6th edition stuff.

Seelenberührer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 14:40

Ceddyn wrote:

You're referring to the catalog department, although I do admit that the WD content has been improving again.

Absolutely. I'm recently back on the hobby wagon after about a 5-year hiatus, and there's a lot more of actual value in WD now. I really like the addition of things like additional rules (along the lines of the WFB civil war stuff) and whatnot. Of course, it's not like the heyday in the late nineties, but you can't have everything, I guess...
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 15:21

I get a bit hacked off by the constantly changing format of the battle reps, but some of the painting stuff is good, and most of the articles are interesting in some fashion.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 23:42

A great compilation of rule changes from the new White Dwarf:

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112303

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 00:15

Advance Orders are up. No dice or tape measures though, according to Bramgaunt of Warseer they were hit by manufacturing problems and will be available mid month.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 05:36

6. Scrier's Gaze - Scrier's Gaze is a blessing that targets the Psyker. Whilst the power is in effect, you can roll three dice and chose the result you want when rolling for Reserves, Outflank and mysterious terrain.

And THATS why I'll be taking a farseer...

It sounds like both terrain AND allies are going to be coming out of the same pool of points... interesting....

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 14:49

Kinnay wrote:
A great compilation of rule changes from the new White Dwarf:

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112303

Urrgh! I really want to be able to read the actual book already. Because I have to say that a lot of these rules seem to drastically alter game balance. Like the one where IG squads can move and shoot (including the lascannon), and the fact that everyone takes S10 hits now from having airborne transports shot down (seems to fairly specifically apply to races who have a lot of airborne transports).

It reads as if they've made a lot of rules changes for fluff purposes, which is admirable, but only if they play out in a relatively balanced, useable way. 5th ed was, I think, an extremely elegant ruleset, where it seems like 6th might be more focused on that allowing statistically unlikely individual heroism to occur, instead of rewarding tactical synergy.

But I don't really know anything about anything. And I'm not normally the Doom-sayer who's always, like, "ZOMG! 40k is BROKEN! FOREVER!" But I do appreciate a good set of rules, and in the context-less void of forum-reporting of WD, the game kind of looks pretty chaotic.

The thing that has me really, actually concerned, though, is this:

Quote :
Fleet: Re-roll charge distance
Now, I'm no fan of random charge distance anyway. I don't like it in Fantasy, and I'm not going to like it in 40k. But it annoys me a great deal that Fleet is no longer going to convey any advantage whatsoever in terms of striking distance. Sure, a fleet unit is perhaps going to be more likely to reach the higher end of its theoretical range, but there's no actual increase in distance coverable (although, to be fair, the possibility of a 12" assault does mean we'll be seeing a lot more 1st turn charging).

Unless, of course, we get run+assault as well as that re-roll. In which case I'll just shut my mouth and get back to kicking ass and taking slaves.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 01:08

Seelenberührer wrote:

Urrgh! I really want to be able to read the actual book already. Because I have to say that a lot of these rules seem to drastically alter game balance. Like the one where IG squads can move and shoot (including the lascannon), and the fact that everyone takes S10 hits now from having airborne transports shot down (seems to fairly specifically apply to races who have a lot of airborne transports).

The Lascannon will only be hitting on a 6 so isn't as much of a worry and the S10 hits apply to transported troops in Flyers, of which we don't have any.

I do however share you concerns about Fleet.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 05:30

I thought that fleet allowed reroll of EITHER run OR charge... possibly everyone can run and charge in the same turn, and fleet will let you reroll one of those rolls?

3d6 wych drug will become super awesome...

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th edition release date and cost.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-
Jump to: