THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th edition release date and cost.

Go down 
+16
Kinnay
Azdrubael
Ruke
Torpedo Vegas
dominus nox
pingualoty
Allandrel
Count Adhemar
Shadows Revenge
The_Burning_Eye
Cavash
CaptainBalroga
Sky Serpent
Demagoge
Ciirian
Evil Space Elves
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pingualoty
Hellion
pingualoty

6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 05:38

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
I like the psychic powers table, it's a lot more balanced than I thought it would be.
Stuff looks pretty cool, hopefully I'll be able to grab it in time.

Now as for the release date, I assume they're using the Western European Time Zone time right? Or are they gonna stagger the releases per region?

Everything there is out on the 30th everywhere, the necrons and other finecast is out a few weeks later.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 05:56

I'm diggin those templates!

Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 05:58

Yeah all the limited edition stuff is pretty sweet, gonna nab it as soon as possible. Minus the carrying case.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 06:51

One thing I noticed was that Orks didn't have any snazzy checks on the psyker chart... I'm a bit confused by that as orks most definitely have psykers (esp considering that it's explicitly stated that EVERY ork is a latent psyker).

::EDIT::

Also, while most space marine chapters have 3 or 4 checks on that chart, eldar only have 2? I would think that they should at least get telekenisis, and maybe pyromancy (avatar of khaine?)...

Sisters of battle can be lead by a living saint, but cant take any psychic powers?

IDK... this list looks... not very thought out...

Last edited by Ruke on Wed Jun 20 2012, 06:57; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: mergetest   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 06:53

Well in fantasy orcs have their own magic lore, it's likely they'll get their keep their own psychic powers.

Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 11:31

I do indeed feel for the Craftworld Cousins: having access to fewer psychic disciplines than Space Wolves or Chaos is one thing. Losing out to Ultramarines, Grey Knights, Dark Angels and Imperial Guard has got to really hurt. They still get off light compared to Orks, Sisters, Black Templars, and Chaos Daemons, a faction which can take frickin' avatars of Tzeentch.

So, the in-game crunch gives lots of toys to Marine factions, despite fluff and the hopes and dreams of xenos players everywhere stating otherwise. What was the point of this chart? To differentiate between the races? Then why give so many factions 4/5 check-marks?

Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 14:37

I gotta say the game aids look fantastic. The templates and tape measure especially - I must have both. The servo-skull counters are also really cool.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 15:36

While the dice look cool they're probably not worth getting, the skull and bone ones from 8th roll really badly.

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 17:05

There is new Teaser with really astonishing Haemunculus and Wracks art in there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKi6Y5EFRIA

Second 44.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 20:33

I love the templates.
Servo skull is a bit meh but still cool. They missed a trick by not incorporating a laser pointer in its eye.
The dice are very busy, too hard to work out.

Trying to decide on which book to get.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 20:35

The collectors edition is really nice but so is the satchel. I'm gonna go for the collectors myself, as I'll likely get more use put of it than the gamers edition set.

Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 21:23

Is it known already what the differences will be between both versions? I mean, how do they justify double the cost of the normal edition?

Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 21:27

Kinnay wrote:
Is it known already what the differences will be between both versions? I mean, how do they justify double the cost of the normal edition?

The "collectors" edition has a prettier cover and a special sleeve, that's it. They don't have to "justify" it because people will buy it because it's limited edition. That's the point of collectors edition items, there's not as many so they cost a lot more. Yeah it's sort of dumb to pay double for a more pretty version of the same book, but I'm still gonna get it.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 22:37

Indeed, the production costs have to be absorbed by the sales of fewer copies, hence the higher cost, not to mention the higher quality production materials. Plus let's not forget people will buy it because it will sell for much more once GW are out of stock.

Personally I'm gonna stick with the basic version i think, not enough cash for the collector's edition and 'satchel' is just another way of saying 'handbag'.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 22:52

Indiana Jones has a satchel

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 23:14

there's always an exception to every rule. He also had a very cool hat and a penchant for killing nazis, so I can forgive him.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 02:11

I'm going for less of a wallet raping, aka the "unlimited edition" book Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 02:16

Evil Space Elves wrote:
I'm going for less of a wallet raping, aka the "unlimited edition" book Razz
One could probably write an algorithm to get an infinite number of scenarios, then sell it attached to a digital copy of the rulebook and charge extra for the "Unlimited" edition

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 17:45

The unlimited edition comes with an infinite number of monkeys and typewriters coming up with new psychic powers for grey knights.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 18:32

The new stuff is cool but not yanking at my wallet. I just want to be upto speed on the rules etc, I dont need a bag, skull tape measure, or to super size my order.

What they should have done was limited edition race specific covers for the rulebook. But their marketing department is comprised of the unholy incestuous offspring of Matt Ward.

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 18:41

I love the ideas, but when I referred to an "unlimited edition" I was talking about the cheapest everyday rule book that they could offer!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 19:04

ah, in that case I'll be going for the starter set, that way the rulebook comes free with more plastic conversion pieces (read, space marine bodies).

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 20:34

Levitas wrote:
What they should have done was limited edition race specific covers for the rulebook. But their marketing department is comprised of the unholy incestuous offspring of Matt Ward.

I have yet to see any evidence that GW has a marketing department. I've seen plenty of evidence that they have an ANTI-marketing department, given the efforts they go to ensuring that people DON'T know about their upcoming products.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 21:43

6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I8Qlj
6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 TQNns

6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Seelenberührer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 02:50

Allandrel wrote:
Levitas wrote:

I have yet to see any evidence that GW has a marketing department. I've seen plenty of evidence that they have an ANTI-marketing department, given the efforts they go to ensuring that people DON'T know about their upcoming products.

I'm pretty sure GW's marketing department is called "White Dwarf", isn't it? rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition release date and cost.   6th edition release date and cost. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th edition release date and cost.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next