THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Which miniatures should i get??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Erikjust
Hellion
Erikjust

Which miniatures should i get?? Empty
PostSubject: Which miniatures should i get??   Which miniatures should i get?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 22:08

Here in July (if everything goes according to plan) I plan on visiting the local Games Workshop and get a hold of the new corebook the Dark Eldar Codex and the miniatures for my army(though I probably won´t start painting them before sometime next year, my Dwarfs have first priority at the moment).
Yet I want to avoid (if possible) making the same mistake that I did with my dwarfs of just buying and buying and end up not using over half of the miniatures.

So I want to know which units should I absolutely get for a 2500 point army and which units should be reserved to another time, as the chances of actually using them is fairly slim (not that they are useless just that they won´t be used that much in any serious build)?

Here´s what I think I need (please help me correct the list, as said before I don´t know much about playing with a Dark Eldar army and I really want to AVOID buying units that I really in the end won´t field that much)
2 maybe 3 Haemonculus
Maybe instead of the third Haemonculus I should get an Archon, but I’m not sure.
1 pack of Wracks
I´m thinking of maybe 1 pack of Incubi, but I’m not sure yes the strategy guide from Thor put them as great, but I just don´t know if they are a unit I should bet on from the beginning.
Kabalite Warriors and Wyches are a given though if I should buy 2 packs of each or just one of each I don´t know.
3 Dark Eldar Raider
(fast attack I don´t know maybe a beast master with some khymera and Razor wings but I don´t know)
3 Dark Eldar Ravager

As for the build again each has its ups and downs and I don´t know which to pick. So any particular build that´s good for getting to know the Dark Eldar?

Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Which miniatures should i get??   Which miniatures should i get?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 22:27

I suspect that you may want 2 packs of warriors and wyches in the longer term, if you want a large (2500 point) army and some options, but I'd suggest that if you're unsure you should start with one of each. We've just had the annual price rise, so no need to rush. You may find that you prefer wyches to warriors or vice versa.

As for the list, Trueborn are a very popular choice (you can make these from the warrior box). What else really depends upon your style. Might be worth trying a Venom instead of only Raiders, since lots of people like those, but Raiders have larger transport capacity and more anti-tank weapons so are generally a safe bet.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Which miniatures should i get??   Which miniatures should i get?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 14:42

a good 1500 pt starter list is this:

SRs Patent Pending DE Starter List:

150- Archon w/ Huskblade, Soultrap, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, Haywires
223- 9 Wyches w/ Haywires, 1 Shardnet, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfields, Shock Prow
245- 10 Wyches w/ Haywires, 2 WW (so either gauntlets or flails, your choice), Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfields, Shock Prow
190- 10 Warriors w/ Blaster, Splinter Cannon; Raider w/ Flickerfields, Splinter Racks
190- 10 Warriors w/ Blaster, Splinter Cannon; Raider w/ Flickerfields, Splinter Racks
78- 3 Reavers w/ Heat Lance
78- 3 Reavers w/ Heat Lance
115- Ravager w/ Flickerfields

Total: 1499 pts

This is made up of 1 Archon Blister, 2 Battleforces, 2 Raiders, and 3 Ravagers. Its a steal in price per effectiveness, and I highly doubt that the switch of editions will limit the effectiveness of this list.

After this you can expand anywhere. Like wyches more??? more wyches and raiders for you. Like Kabal??? more warriors and venoms. What I would do from this is start adding trueborn, and fill out the rest of your troop choices. After that the sky is the limit. Other than mandrakes there really isnt a bad unit in our codex, and who knows what 6th will bring for us.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which miniatures should i get??   Which miniatures should i get?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which miniatures should i get??
Page 1 of 1