THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications

Go down 
+2
Sendreavus
lululu_42
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications Empty
PostSubject: Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications   Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03 2012, 21:12

With the discussion of Fortifications for Dark Eldar I figure we can start a modeling thread to help people get ideas on building there own instead of using inferior imperial Tech.

Here is a Short section of my Aegis Defense Line that is still a WIP I plan on painting some electrical effects from bottom up to show it growing.
Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications Photobucket-1747-1341345572044

The Idea is that there is small device that grows crystals into a slab like wall which dropped on the battlefield. It later disintegrates leaving no trace of it behind.

Would like to hear/see other ideas for the other Fortifications to fit the look of our Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Sendreavus
Hellion
Sendreavus

PostSubject: Re: Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications   Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04 2012, 05:11

I like this very much, im kind of balking at the idea of buying an imperium one so I might as well make some.

The spikey bits are bits of sprue I take it?
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications   Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04 2012, 06:18

I'd buy the Imperial one... along with a box of guard for the remains of the prior occupants. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications   Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06 2012, 10:39

Nice work. I do like the various ideas for making army-specific fortifications that have emerged in various threads (and it's a great idea to have them collated in one place with pictures of examples).

One worry I have though is that opponents may object if you're not using 'official' models - what if your home-made count-as Aegis Defence Line is slightly longer or slightly taller, for instance? That makes me think that the most prudent option - especially for any tournament players - is (as Archon Farath Mure suggests) to stick with the official models and simply modify them a bit, to represent captured enemy positions. That also has the advantages of being fluffy and being usable in other armies too.

Nonetheless, I'm keen to see what interesting DE terrain ideas others can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications   Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06 2012, 10:42

Beautiful!

Quote :
I'd buy the Imperial one... along with a box of guard for the remains of the prior occupants.

Hear hear Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications   Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06 2012, 17:26

Quote :
The spikey bits are bits of sprue I take it?
Yea just chunks of sprue shaved to a point.

Quote :

One worry I have though is that opponents may object if you're not using 'official' models - what if your home-made count-as Aegis Defence Line is slightly longer or slightly taller, for instance? That makes me think that the most prudent option - especially for any tournament players - is (as Archon Farath Mure suggests) to stick with the official models and simply modify them a bit, to represent captured enemy positions. That also has the advantages of being fluffy and being usable in other armies too.

Honestly if a player is going to be that much of a jerk then I don't ever want to play against him in any game ever made. I've always been pretty light on rules for count as. If you are normally able to see a model through the GW version then fine you can see mine I don't care but if a player is going to heckle me about not using GW models then I might as well complain back about not using GW official terrain or official boards.

As for tournaments asking the organizer before hand would stop the issue for tournaments. As for the length of the Defense line it's 28" says right on the GW website and since they need to be in contact with each other as long as it equals 28" I don't see a problem.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications   Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06 2012, 23:54

I would think it would be best to measure the GW fortifications and then build to those specs.

I have been giving my old raiders the eye - I am thinking of stringing some of them together to form a platform or tower/bastion.

I would think the fortification should look like it is movable or floating cuz who would be stupid enough to put a bastion next to a Dark Eldar encampment?

I was thinking of buying one of the official GW models and just bitzing it DE standards but seems like an investment that wouldn't get its worth since I am not sure I want to use a fortification.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications   Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Built Dark Eldar Fortifications
Page 1 of 1