THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MRGIGNOID
Slave
MRGIGNOID

1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal Empty
PostSubject: 1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal   1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14 2015, 14:28

Heya gals & guys, new to this site and was hoping could rely on some experienced playeers to give me a little constructive crit. Its a list I'm going to build towards and my choices are not just rules based but asthetic aswell as I'm a big believer of "The Rule of Kool" or Fluffy hehe. This list is hopefully going to have some flavour but also remain semi competitive. I mean I want it to look kool, but also not get bent over either lmao

HQ: Archon (+Agoniser/+Armour of Misery/+WWP) - 135pts
Joined to Incubi

ELITES: x8 Incubi /w Raider (+Diz Can/+Shock Prow) - 225pts
ELITES: x10 Mandrakes (+Nightfiend) - 130pts

TROOPS: x10 Kabalite Warriors (+Splinter Cannon) - 180pts (x3)
+Raider (+Splinter Racks/+Diz Can/+NightShield)

FAST ATTACK: Razorwing Jetfigther (+Dark Lances/+NightShield/+4MonoScythe) - 140pts
FAST ATTACK: x5 Scourges (+4 Haywire Blasters) - 120pts
FAST ATTACK: x5 Scourges (+4 Splinter Cannons) - 140pts

HEAVY SUPPORT: Ravager (+3 Dark Lances/+NightField) - 140pts (x3)

So Opinions please Smile
Back to top Go down
highzander
Slave
highzander

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal   1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2015, 22:44

*Disclaimer*(I have been playing DE since 4th but do not participate in tournaments so I'm not sure what that scene is like.)

Personally mandrakes are my favorite model they look super cool and I want to use them more than anyone but if you are looking to be competitive then it is probably better to leave them at home. If you are set on taking them I'm not sure that one big squad is the way to go. 2 five man squads might be better to split the enemy fire plus they can hide in terrain easier.

As you might have read other places one of the major draw backs to incubi is that they don't have grenades, but if you are set on using them I would suggest giving the Archon a shadow field and letting him tank for the incubi so that they can do the maximum damage when they do get to attack.

Good Luck Very Happy
Highzander
Back to top Go down
Mth
Hellion
Mth

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal   1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 18:18

The list looks ok. Just change a few things. The splinter cannon need to go as you can not move at full efficiency with them. Your scourges and gunboats won't be able to move more then six as a splinter cannon is heavy. I suggest take blasters or just have regular warriors. Also do not bring that big of squad of incubi bring two smaller in venoms or take them out and add a reaver squad with caltrops. And if you want take out the night shields as your raiders are supposed to get there and probably die. And that's it cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal   1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2015, 02:10

Splinter cannons is salvo now which means if you move (and you arent a monstrous creature, relentless, or a vehicle) you have to shoot at half range with the smaller amount of shots.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal   1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2015, 08:27

Having used Mandrakes a couple of times recently, I would second the suggestion to split them into two smaller squads of five. They can be quite useful for getting onto objectives in the first turn, both in Eternal War and Maelstrom missions. You don't need the Nightfiend though, plus you'd have to convert one or paint one differently to remember which one he is, so I'd say save yourself some effort there.

You might find yourself slightly lacking in anti tank fire. As I'm not sure the splinter cannon Scourges would be that useful, I would consider swapping them for either another squad with haywire blasters or heat lances, or perhaps another Ravager.

Personally I don't mind your big unit of Incubi - those numbers will mean they might survive overwatch and potentially going last. I tend to have at least five with a character myself, and have found six to be a good number. You could maybe stand to lose one or two bodies to save on points, plus that unit with the Archon is a lot of points by itself.
Back to top Go down
MRGIGNOID
Slave
MRGIGNOID

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal   1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2015, 09:35

Okay thanks everyone, proper appriciate all the help. I've now come up with a edited list

HQ: Archon (+Agoniser/+Animus Vitae/+WWP) - 140pts
HQ: Court (+3 Sslyth/+1 Medusae) +Venom (+Splinter Cannon) - 165pts

ELITES: x5 Mandrakes - 60pts (x2)

TROOPS: x10 Kabalite Warriors, +raider (+Splinter Racks/+Night Shields/+D Lance) - 170pts (x2)
TROOPS: x5 Kabalite Warriors, +Venom (+Splinter Cannon) - 105pts (x2)
TROOPS: x10 Kabalite Warriors (+Splinter Cannon) - 95pts

FAST ATTACK: Razorwing Jetfigther (+Dark Lances/+4 Monoscythe) - 140pts
FAST ATTACK: Razorwing Jetfighter (+Dizzy Cannons/+Splinter Cannon/+4 Monoscythe) - 140pts
FAST ATTACK: x5 Scourges (+4 Haywire Blasters) - 120pts

HEAVY SUPPORT: Ravager (+3 Dark Lances) - 125pts (x3)

And thats my list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal   1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850pts Dark Eldar Custom Kabal
Page 1 of 1