THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 welcome 6th edition!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RocketRollRebel
Hellion

1850 welcome 6th edition! Empty
PostSubject: 1850 welcome 6th edition!   1850 welcome 6th edition! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06 2012, 14:17

HQ
----------------
Baron Sythonyx-105pts

Farseer w/Jetbike, Runes of Warding, Spirit stones, Singing Spear, Doom, Guide (not sure about the powers and what works on who...)
-168pts

Troops
----------------
6 Guardian Jetbikes
-132pts

13 Hellions w/Helliarch, venom blade
-218pts

5 wyches w/haywire grenades
Venom w/ extra splinter cannon
-125pts

5 wyches w/haywire grenades
Venom w/ extra splinter cannon
-125pts (can be swapped with 5 blaster warriors for same cost. still feeling this out)

10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter cannon
Raider w/ disintegrator, flickerfield and splinter racks
-180pts

Fast Attack
--------------------------
6 Reaver Jetbikes
Heatlance x2
-156pts

Elites
-------------------------
8 Harlequins w/kiss + Shaddow Seer
-206pts

Heavy Support
---------------------
Ravager w/3 dark lances and flickerfield
-115pts

Razorwing Fighter w/splinter cannon and flickerfield
-165pts

Voidraven bomber w/flickerfield
-155pts

-1850 total

So my biggest questions are, how will "guide" work? I'm seeing a lot of people say that it only works on CW Eldar units which if that is the case then what powers would you suggest instead (divination looks tasty but I dont like the randomness or loss of "doom") ? Also Im unsure on the venom squads and wanted to know what you guys think, keep the wyches or go for warriors or one of each maybe? Any and all other comments and suggestions are more than welcome too, these are just some highlight points that I was thinking of but the more ideas the better! Very Happy

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: 1850 welcome 6th edition!   1850 welcome 6th edition! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06 2012, 15:03

I am staying away from that bucket of worms when it comes to farseers - try it out and see what your opponent says. Me personally want it to work but I think the codex trumps the rulebook but I think you can argue it either way equally.

Wyches are looking small to me but if your intention is for combo charging or assaulting vehicles then they look fine.

What is your plan for the Harlequins - I do like them but they are looking a little out of place with the rest of the mechanized army and such a price tag too. I would rather see another bike squad or Scourges but I tend to like Fast Attack more than elites.

Now if the Farseer was walking with the Harlies then I would say you would be in your right to use psychic powers on Harlies since they are in both codexs and essentially the Harlies can be argued that they came from the Eldar codex. Of course, that would leave your guardian bike squad naked but being the Dark Kin, I am sure the Baron wouldn't care much if they got shot up anyway.

I like it, the list looks good.
Back to top Go down
RocketRollRebel
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 welcome 6th edition!   1850 welcome 6th edition! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06 2012, 15:42

Thanks for the input. I am really on the fence about the harlies. They worked well for me against tyranids in their first game yesterday (bagged a pair of tervigons they did clown ) but that of course is just one game. I guess the idea is that they will soak up shots with their now super cover save and maybe take some heat off of the hellions, plus I was just looking for some CC punch but they are a considerably large points investment. So still feeling that out too haha. I do love the idea of scourges as well and agree with you that our fast attack is more fun than our elites. What would you arm a unit of scourges with in this list and how many would you consider taking? Side note, I also thought about an Autarch with wings and a fusion gun hanging with some blaster scourges (guardian bikes would probably be replaced by pathfinders in that case). Probably not the best points investment but I thought it might be neat haha.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 welcome 6th edition!   1850 welcome 6th edition! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 welcome 6th edition!
Page 1 of 1