THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bladevanes and Flying MCs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Bladevanes and Flying MCs Empty
PostSubject: Bladevanes and Flying MCs   Bladevanes and Flying MCs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 15:23

Can you mow down flying MCs with bladevanes/cluster caltrops? The rules seem to suggest that you can. Too bad bladevanes don't work on vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes and Flying MCs   Bladevanes and Flying MCs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 15:54

There's nothing in the rules to suggest you can't.
Just turboboost, draw a line and if a non engaged, non vehicle unit is under the line, it can be hit.
Swooping MCs can't be assaulted and are only hit on a 6, but bladevanes neither need to assault, nor roll to hit, so it's not important here.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes and Flying MCs   Bladevanes and Flying MCs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 15:59

Ha. So, does that mean that the flying MC has to roll a check *per hit* to see if it comes crashing to the ground, in addition to possible wounds from the bladevanes?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes and Flying MCs   Bladevanes and Flying MCs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 16:08

No, it doesn't roll per hit. If it suffers one or more hits it rolls once after the attack is resolved.
Back to top Go down
Greenest
Hellion
Greenest

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes and Flying MCs   Bladevanes and Flying MCs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18 2012, 02:04

Grounded tests are for shooting attacks only. Does bladevanes somehow count as shooting?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes and Flying MCs   Bladevanes and Flying MCs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18 2012, 03:53

Well, it never says 'this is a shooting attack'.

But it is used to attack from a distance, instead of Base to Base. It uses the shooting wound allocation mechanism. Flying MCs can't assault or be assaulted. And last, but not least they grant cover saves, which close combat attacks never ever do.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes and Flying MCs   Bladevanes and Flying MCs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18 2012, 13:38

Tiri Rana wrote:
Well, it never says 'this is a shooting attack'.

But it is used to attack from a distance, instead of Base to Base. It uses the shooting wound allocation mechanism. Flying MCs can't assault or be assaulted. And last, but not least they grant cover saves, which close combat attacks never ever do.

And (in 6th edition), they occur in the shooting phase, since that is the phase that turbo-boosting occurs in.
Back to top Go down
mockingGrass
Slave
mockingGrass

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes and Flying MCs   Bladevanes and Flying MCs I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 05:08

Wow, this is a great idea! Definitely is going to save me a lot of trouble against my Daemon-playing friend. The "shooting attack" thing is probably a bit of a stretch though, in my personal opinion. The technicalities presented do make complete sense though! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mockinggrass.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes and Flying MCs   Bladevanes and Flying MCs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bladevanes and Flying MCs
Page 1 of 1