THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bladevanes & Caltrops

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBattleNun
Slave
TheBattleNun

Bladevanes & Caltrops Empty
PostSubject: Bladevanes & Caltrops   Bladevanes & Caltrops I_icon_minitimeFri May 30 2014, 21:10

Although I'm sure someone else has asked this at some point; when a unit of, for example, 3 reavers turbo over a group for bladevane damage, are wounds only allocated to the 3 guys that the attacks are targeted towards or could the body count potentially get to 9?
Thanks,
Matt.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes & Caltrops   Bladevanes & Caltrops I_icon_minitimeFri May 30 2014, 22:10

The wounds are randomly allocated via dice rolls (which is a real pain, honestly, but them's the rules). So if they make nine hits that miraculously wound nine times, that's nine armor saves that need to be randomly allocated to models in the unit and resolved.
Back to top Go down
TheBattleNun
Slave
TheBattleNun

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes & Caltrops   Bladevanes & Caltrops I_icon_minitimeFri May 30 2014, 22:18

Ah brilliant! My thoughts on the only being able to do damage to 3 individuals were because of the rule saying about how thy target one model, but I guess that's just for targeting purposes.
Thank you for your help!
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes & Caltrops   Bladevanes & Caltrops I_icon_minitimeSat May 31 2014, 00:05

They target one unit, not model (unless the unit is only comprised of one model), so the unit suffers as many wounds as you roll.

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
The wounds are randomly allocated via dice rolls
Per the 6th edition FAQ (thanks to Mushkilla and TDC), the wounds are allocated from the Reavers' end point. While wound resolution has been removed from the 7th FAQ, I don't think many will play it as randomly allocated.
Back to top Go down
TheBattleNun
Slave
TheBattleNun

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes & Caltrops   Bladevanes & Caltrops I_icon_minitimeSat May 31 2014, 08:20

Fantastic! Thanks for the clarification guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bladevanes & Caltrops   Bladevanes & Caltrops I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bladevanes & Caltrops
Page 1 of 1