THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Splinter cannons in sixth

Go down 
+2
Tiri Rana
Mr Believer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Splinter cannons in sixth Empty
PostSubject: Splinter cannons in sixth   Splinter cannons in sixth I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2012, 20:42

With splinter cannons being either assault 4 or heavy 6, depending on whether or not you move, what does this mean for firing snap shots? Do we still only fire four shots at full ballistic skill after moving? Or do we choose between that or firing six shots at ballistic skill one? Or (bizarrely) four shots at full ballistic skill and two at ballistic skill one?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Splinter cannons in sixth   Splinter cannons in sixth I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2012, 22:26

I'd say it follows the rules for assault and heavy weapons. Assault weapons can always fire using full BS, if the bearer moved or not and the bearer can assault after shooting. Heavy weapons can shoot with full BS if the bearer didn't move and with BS1 if he did, but the bearer can never assault after shooting.
The splinter cannon entry says, that it can be fired either as a heavy weapon or as an assault weapon, so I'd say it is our choice.

So yes after moving you can choose to fire 4 shots normal or 6 at BS1.
More interesting are situations, were only snap shots can be fired, like shooting out off a vehicle moving at cruising speed, shooting fliers or overwach, were we always fire snap shots, regardles of weapon type. One would be stupid to fire 4 shots instead of 6.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Splinter cannons in sixth   Splinter cannons in sixth I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2012, 22:36

Tiri +1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Splinter cannons in sixth   Splinter cannons in sixth I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2012, 22:48

My opinion is it's either/or. You either fire four shots at BS4 or six at BS1, you can't fire four at full BS then two at BS1. No-brainer to my mind, take the 4 shots at full BS, chances of rolling six sixes with snap shots is minimal.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Jmaeta
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splinter cannons in sixth   Splinter cannons in sixth I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12 2012, 19:45

Unfortunately, Splinterweapons can´t be fired at vehicles as they have no strength value, so shooting snapshots at vehicles is a moot question. Hoever, In assault, I would choose the heavy option to snapfire with.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Splinter cannons in sixth   Splinter cannons in sixth I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 13:09

The question isn't whether it can be fired at a vehicle or not..... However (spamming) 6 shots per cannon at BS1 shooting against a flying MC is a nice option to have up our sleeves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splinter cannons in sixth   Splinter cannons in sixth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Splinter cannons in sixth
Page 1 of 1