THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eric.emerson
Slave
eric.emerson

Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons Empty
PostSubject: Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons   Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 01:36

Does anyone think this would be cool? A squadron of 5 would have 60 poison shots. It would have nothing to hurt a tank but should devastate most squads. It just seems like it would be cool

I did do a little math hammer.
more or less 40 hits, 20 wounds. sounds impressive, but probably would not wipe out a tactical squad. Maybe only kill a couple or 3 terminators. I get that if you force tough things to make enough saves they will start to fail them.

30 shuriken cannon shots would be about 20 hits probably 17 wounds with a handful of rends. similar results. They could hurt light vehicles.

I welcome everyone's feedback.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons   Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 02:54

A better comparison is the scatter laser.

40 shots, 27 hits, 22 wounds against the majority of targets (ie T4 or less). Yes this goes down as the T goes up unlike the splinter weapons but this can (and will!) wreck most vehicles easily.

27 hits vs
AV10 - 13 glance or better
Av11 - 9 glance or better
Av12 - 4 glance or better

The scatter laser is just too versatile to not take
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
eric.emerson
Slave
eric.emerson

PostSubject: Re: Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons   Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 15:59

That is probably a better choice. I suppose I could something revolutionary and unheard of by magnetizing my weapons.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons   Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01 2017, 07:50

If you're taking Splinter cannons as Corsairs, and you should be, nothing beats windriders. 75pts to move 12+ inches a turn and shoot 18 splinter shots from 36" out is a steal. If I were to match your wasps in cost I'd be putting out 84 or 90 depending on if you bought your wasps void burners.

It's unfortunate that Wasps don't have access to disintegrator cannons, as they would be a pretty ideal shock and awe platform. I like double scatter lasers but am routinely tempted to take starcannons. I should add that I do have a magnetized walker and never substitute anything for the scatter lasers.

Back to top Go down
eric.emerson
Slave
eric.emerson

PostSubject: Re: Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons   Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07 2017, 18:37

Well, I suppose scatter lasers it shall be. I have some war walkers with a bright lance/starcannon combination. I have found them to be an effective unit against TEQ, light and medium vehicles and at least decent against heavy army.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons   Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07 2017, 19:25

Do you, but I highly recommend reading the 1d4chan article they go over the cumulative cost to boat each weapon type on each potential platform.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons   Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wasp assault walker with Splinter cannons
Page 1 of 1