THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goran
Hellion
Goran

1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE Empty
PostSubject: 1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE    1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 16:54

HQ

Baron Sathonyx (goes with beasts)
Haemonculus - Liquifier Gun,Venom Blade (goes with wracks)

Elites

3xKabalite Trueborn
3xBlaster
Venom, Extra Splinter Cannon

Troops

5x Kabalite Warriors,Shredder (not enough points for another blaster, and S6 is not that bad)

5x Kabalite Warriors, Blaster

5x Kabalite Warriors, Blaster

5x Wyches, HW grenades

5x Wyches, HW grenades

6x Wracks, LQ gun, acothyst+venom blade
Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield, Shock Prow, Torment Grenade Launcher

Fast Attack
5xBeastmasters
1xclawedfiend -- this is the beauty which just loves overwatch!
6x razorwing flock
5x khymerae

Heavy Support
Ravager, Nighshield, Flickerfield 2x DL, Disintegrator
Razorwing Fighter, Flickerfield, splinter cannon
Talos Pain engine, Stinger Pods, Twin linked LQ gun -- the only defensive element - walks slowly behind the beasts, killing what avoided them.

Back to top Go down
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE    1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 19:31

Its a very sound list and has a lot of the same elements I use at 1750.

-I personally dont like the Talos in such a fast army. Everything else can relocate on the board in a single turn, while bad placement or another fast oppenent can leave this guy out of the game for far to long to make him efficent.

-The ravager... For me on the weapons its all or nothing. If you are taking 2 DL and 1 Dissie then you are not focusing on one aspect for this model to do. Either you bring it for tank killing or MEQ/TEQ hunting. If you want the anti-tank bring all three DL.

-I personally use my wracks and Haemy to camp objectives in the back field. I like to take mine with hex rifles now so they can kill from afar. Never have used them as up close combat unit.

Other than that everything looks good and overall a very strong list.
Back to top Go down
Goran
Hellion
Goran

PostSubject: Re: 1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE    1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 20:02

The wracks I found good in CC - not as a front line unit, but as you wrote - camping back - and assaulting with the furious charge S4 and reroll on wound against T4 to anything that gets to them. And in our meta I have plenty of outflanking/deepstriking unit, so this happen quite often.

Do not get confused with them riding in raider, the raider is empty most of the time, shooting, tank shocking and helping the front line.

The Talos is there to help the wracks - just a big red point (Painted it red and calling it ladybug) saying that killing the wracks will not be the only problem the infiltrators will have.

The ravager is indeed a mixed case, I assume, that facing paladins & simmilar stuf aside of a lot of AV 10 lead to this. But works here :}

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE    1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 08:21

^foeof
+no nightshields on the venoms?? Brave.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Goran
Hellion
Goran

PostSubject: Re: 1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE    1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 09:13

Better shoot and die, then shoot less and die 0.003s later Smile
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE    1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 09:18

then you are not playing dark eldar.
you shoot to not be shot back at. that should be your goal. DE have, and i'm quoting Thor Smile a glass jaw. We cant sustain fire like marines or orkz, we dont have av12+, most vehicles are open topped, and a tac squad only equiped with bolters can kill us out right.

Shoot to kill! Leave none alive!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Goran
Hellion
Goran

PostSubject: Re: 1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE    1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 10:56

Well.. the nightshields proved helpful for transports going to the front line. And sometimes, sometimes on back line ravagers. Most of the time, the back line of fire is targeted by weapons with 48" range, so nightshields do not help at all. And I use most of my venoms this way.
Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

PostSubject: Re: 1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE    1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 12:53

Nightshields are pretty win these days (and in my opinion were win in 5t ed too). I've heard the debate that they are useless in 6th with premeasuring, but if a unit is out of range they are still out of range. Wont save you against DE smashing baddies like GK or IG, but marines, CSM, sisters, other DE, Daemons (who are now a very big threat to DE) it works magnificently. If it can keep the lions share of your venoms alive 1 more turn, then they are always worth it

With Ravagers, i'm sure you do it anyway but as much as possible you need to use LOS blocking terrain, and with pre-measuring and nightshields you can make sure you can hit stuff like GK psychic bolt razorbacks that can't hit you back next turn

Edit: on the list - Baron is obviously great with the beasts, 6 troops units is always good and a good kit-out on the Razorwing. But I agree with foeofnight on the ravager - keep to either Disintegrators or Dark Lances. A varied ravager is an unreliable ravager

however with the talos - give it a go and see how it works for you. Yes its a lot slower than everything else, but all your transports aren't going to last the whole game and often isolated DE troops that are de-meched get assautlted with nasties, so the Talos can prevent this, or at least use it to consolidate slingshot when it mangles whatever mangles your poor troops

Please dont double post. If you want to add something, just use the edit button -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE    1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750pts - Quick and dirty fun list - but works surprisingly well - pure DE
Page 1 of 1