THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
astorre
Hellion

Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament Empty
PostSubject: Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament   Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 02:57

Tomorrow I get my 5th, 6th, and 7th games of 40K. Right now my record is 3 - 1 so hopefully I'll do well! This is the most competitive list I could come up with, and fits my developing playstyle well. I dropped the Wyches for Wracks just to throw off the people I play with and for fun. Vect can take on whole units by himself anyways, right? Haha! Anyways here is my list w/ Stratagems.....

Kabal of the Black Hand

Grand Master of the Black Hand (Counts as Asdrubael Vect)
3 Wracks
Raider - Flickerfield, Nightshields

4 Kabalite Trueborn - 4 Blasters
Venom - 2 Splinter Cannons, Nightshields

4 Kabalite Trueborn - 4 Blasters

5 Kabalite Warriors - Blaster

Ravager - 3 Dark Lances, Flickerfield, Nightshields

Total: 1496

Stratagems
Plunging Fire
Booby Traps (May drop for Rappelling Lines)
Demolition
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament   Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 05:17

I know nothing about CoD so I have no comment on your statagems. Otherwise your list looks real solid. I'm not sure if I would use Vect at such a low points level, but if he is working for you then by all means. the other issue is that the unit he is going with is so small. Wont take many wounds before you have to start allocating to the big guy and the more rolls you make on his SF the more chances you have to losing it.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
astorre
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament   Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 06:45

I definitely see your point! Here is my strategy with Vect's unit:
1. It is now T4 against shooting. Could be helpful against Bolters, ect.
2. Cheap way to get a Pain Token, and another Dark Lance/Raider.
3. I've been running Vect with a unit of 7 to 10 Wyches, and they will eat through whatever they charge, leaving them exposed to getting shot to pieces. Now, hopefully I can end combat on their turn and will then be able to move into cover or assault another unit.
4. One of the greatest pieces of wargear in our codex: Obsidian Orbs. Follow me on this. Besides the fact that it absolutely murders Marines (I've wiped out whole squads) it heals wounds that he has taken. As long as whatever is hitting him in Close Combat allows armour saves and wouldn't cause Instant Death, I take the 4+ Armour save and the 4+ Feel No Pain save instead of the 2+ Shadowfield & Feel No Pain. Will a wound or two get through? Probably. But he has four, and when you wipe out their unit on their turn, hopefully another target will be within range of his orbs.
If you want to get mean with them, put Torment Grenade Launchers on his Raider, park it beside an enemy unit, disembark, throw the orbs, and then assault. TGL will ensure that any unit outside of one with an IC will be wounded on 2s.
5. Like you said, he is a lot of points. I don't want to add to that cost by attaching him to a 100+ pt unit, the Wracks cost 70 to 100+ points cheaper than a Wych unit. (But don't get me wrong, I love my Wyches!)

Anyways, the English language does not have the words with which to describe the pure joy I feel when my fearless leader massacres squad after squad after squad of Marines, haha!
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament   Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 15:35

You have to take the best save. You cant opt not to use the SF unless it is already gone.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
astorre
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament   Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07 2011, 12:32

Baron Tordeck wrote:
You have to take the best save. You cant opt not to use the SF unless it is already gone.

Vect sadly found this out today... I came in 4th overall, due to two silly mistakes. 1. I didn't know vehicles could contest objectives so for two whole turns I had 4 venoms just sitting around shooting at units in buildings when all they had to do was fly up on them! 2. Didn't know you had to assault the unit you shoot at. Well now I know, and my 40K record is now 4-3. On a positive note, I did table a Grey Knights army on turn 3. I also discovered Vect is probably too many points for this level, tomorrow I'm trying a similar list at 1750 with Harlequins (Dreadnought Hunters) against the Grey Knights player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament   Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dirty list for 1500pt Cities of Death tournament
Page 1 of 1