THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ghosts of Nemirath project log

Go down 
+12
Cavash
Lord_Alino
SebastionSynn
Crazy_Ivan
Khain mor
Saintspirit
Deyfluff
Kinnay
Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
Ben_S
Siticus the Ancient
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Ghosts of Nemirath project log Empty
PostSubject: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 22:28

This will be the log for my Craftworld Eldar collection that I am now slowly building. 6th edition and ally chart with Eldar and Dark Eldar being battle brothers was something that really excited me. For a long time, Eldar were a bit of a mystery for me. I couldn't really get behind their cause, couldn't really understand how they worked. Last year spent with the Dark Kin (and the time spent playing against our only local Eldar player, a truly awesome guy) has really taught me that, and the more I looked at the Eldar range, the more and more I wanted some for myself.

I was thinking about various themes and reasons what would make a craftworld join forces with Dark Eldar. I really liked Iyanden's story and theme, but two things kept me from going with them - one being the colourscheme (I hate painting yellow!), and two being Tyranids as their enemy (as our local game store has no tyranid players whatsoever). So the quite obvious came to mind - Necrons. Truly, what else would serve as such a drive to cast aside the ideological differences and fight back the Ancient Enemy? Would the Craftworlders even care that their dark allies cared little for their plight and simply killed the necrons for their own, or rather, their haemonculus' personal gain?

So I settled upon the name Nemirath and the colourscheme I used in Dawn of War 2 - white, grey and light blue. The eventual idea is to make a somewhat small hit-and-run style ally detachment, with the mandatory Farseer on a jetbike, squad or two of Rangers/Pathfinders, Warp Spiders, perhaps Banshees. Rest of it - wraith units. Wraithlord and a bunch of Wraithguard, to signify the craftworld's eternal duty to keep an eye on reactivating Tomb Worlds and do whatever they can to eliminate their threat both to their craftworld and those of other Eldar.

Anyway, modeling bit. Here's the absolutely mandatory Farseer. As I was going to make up my own craftworld, Eldrad didn't really go for me (he is also being fielded by the local Eldar player, so it'd feel wrong to field Eldrad againt him), I had to go with the next best thing - Farseer on a jetbike.

Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6612
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6611

I am currently pondering on adding a flowing cape from greenstuff, but I'm not quite sure on how to pull it off with the bike seat being in the way.

I am also working on converting a squad of Guardians into Rangers/Pathfinders.

Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6620

The current idea is to give their shuriken catapults scopes (from various armies, I feel it quite adds to the rag-tag look of rangers that have scoured a thousand worlds), maybe elongen the barrels somehow and give them all greenstuff capes/coats and hoods.

So yeah, that's what I'm working on alongside my DE. Had my first game of 6e today, and gotta say, I'm quite satisfied with how Jetseer works with Reavers, a very tough nut to crack.

Last edited by Siticus the Ancient on Tue Sep 11 2012, 17:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 11:46

Nice. I don't know much about Eldar myself, but I look forward to seeing these painted and how they fit with the rest of your army. The Guardians to Rangers conversion is interesting - all depends how good you are at greenstuffing cloaks I guess...
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 22:59

It's been a while and I've managed to gather up some first units for my Craftworlder force.

Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6667

Here's a group shot of what I have assembled and primed so far. I'm being very spare with white primer as I've had some bad experiences with it in the past when trying to achieve a full coverage. Some greenstuff is shining through here and there as a result.

Anyway, piece by piece.

Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6663

Here's my jetseer. The Derpcast spear snapped in half as I feared, but I found an alternative in the form of the Dire Avengers spear from a fellow Eldar player. The bit wasn't in a very good shape, covered in very thick coat of primer, obvious first spray ever, but after some liberal application of hobby knife I got it to a decent shape. The detail might be obscured here or there, but at least it will be much more reliable than the Finecast spear. For my surprise, the DA spear went together surprisingly well with my greenstuff cape - it fit perfectly in a fold I had made at random.

Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6660
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6668

Here's my first five Pathfinders. Dark Eldar bits go incredibly well with Craftworlder stuff. I think I've captured a sense of outcast rangers quite nicely. I tried to make each of them as different from the other as possible, while still retaining a distant Craftworlder feel to them. The only thing I don't like is the hood of the yelling pathfinder, didn't turn out that well. Sadly, these will be all the Pathfinders for now as I ran out of greenstuff.

Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6672
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6671

Banshees! I just can't resist to the 3e Howling Banshee sculpts, their image has been set into my head as the only right one ever since first discovering 40k through Dawn of War. So I saw eight on eBay and grabbed them. As it will take a long time for me to get around to paining them (since, sadly, they are quite useless as things are right now), I ran a quick turqoise coat in their manes just to have them pop out a bit. They will see some use in my upcoming minicampaign, at least.

Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6675
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6673

And, last but not least, the Wraithlord. I freaking love the model, it was a complete joy to put together. While it has absolutely no place on the table against other Dark Eldar, it could prove a pretty good distraction against many other armies, such as Necrons. The current battle plan is to send this guy slowly swaggering across the battlefield, launching a missile every turn and burning anything that is silly enough to not get out of the way. Not much of a plan, but as with many units that I incredibly like, I'll find a way to use him.

Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 23:25

Wow, those greenstuff cloaks turned out really good (at least, so far as I can see - no pictures of the backs etc). And you're right that the dark eldar bits blend well with the regular eldar bits. I look forward to seeing some painting.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2012, 09:57

Finished my Farseer at long last.

This took quite a long time (length of two Horus Heresy audiobooks and then some), and me changing my mind about some of the black runes on the nose of the jetbike added even more to that, since it's a complete nightmare to paint over black with white Mad . The small gems on the "wings" of the armour also took a ton of time due to how easy it was to paint past them. Mistakes, fixing them, more mistakes. Still, I am quite satisfied with the outcome.

Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6693
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6694
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6695
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6696
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6697
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6700

Craftworld Nemirath were the silent sentinels, scouring the tomb worlds and slaying the Ancient Enemy of the Eldar swiftly and without mercy, employing hit and run attacks on scouting raids, or gathering the entire might of the craftworld's ever growing number of Wraithguards and Wraithlords when the total extermination of a tomb world was necessary. Reclusive and secretive by nature, the denizens of Nemirath see themselves as the only ones that had not forgotten their duty when the other craftworlds were more concerned about their own survival. So committed to the cause of exterminating the Necrons, the denizens of Nemirath are willing to give their own lives if it meant the destruction of their despised foe, often volunteering to be raised back to service in the form of a Wraith construct so they could pursue their duty for all eternity.

It truly means something, then, that Farseer Ilindra has been called single-minded by many seers. Despising the hollow Necrons with all that she is, she often spearheads the raids on their tomb worlds, leading her warhost from the front lines to see their task through. She was one of the loudest protesters against forging an alliance with the Wailing Doom corsairs, for the Dark Kin were a despicable and treacherous, their souls crippled by the atrocities they performed to survive. To her dismay, the Autarchs and many of the Seer council ultimately decided that an alliance was necessary if Nemirath was to fulfill its duty in the future. Though angered with the decision, she eventually put it aside and returned to her duties of destroying their Ancient Enemy.

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2012, 20:31

That is a great looking Farseer Siticus. White can be a pain to use as a primary colour, but yours looks very smooth and even. Some very fine work with the runes and cape.

Nice job!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12 2012, 18:40

Thanks, Gobsmakked! Yeah, white is a pain (all those bazillion layers!), but it is also incredibly satisfying once pulled off properly.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12 2012, 21:09

Shocked WOW, nice Farseer! I am truly jealous.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12 2012, 21:31

That is a VERY nice Farseer! Just like you, apparently, I thought that Sybarite helmet bit just screamed "psyker". Wink

Looking forward for more!

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 22:35

An update at last! I've really been lacking painting time lately and I thought I'd never get these guys done, but I finally managed to finish my Pathfinders.

I was trying to enforce the "ghost" theme, so I decided these fellows would utilize various holofield masking technologies that from a distance would reveal nothing but a pale, ghastly glow, delivering death a heartbeat later. I personally really like how the craftworld/kabalite armour mix looks when painted. I'm definitely going to keep mixing my future units up.

Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6835
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6837
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6840
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6844
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6846
Ghosts of Nemirath project log IMG_6847

As Nemirath is a craftworld synonymous with unwavering and selfless devotion to fight the ancient war with the Necrons, it is of no surprise that many of the craftworld's young see it as a wasted effort and as such choose the path of the Outcast. The Outcasts of Nemirath can be found all over the galaxy, working for other craftworlds, Eldar corsair princes or even serve in the fleets of the Dark Kin. Despite their dislike for their craftworld's self-sacrificing ways, they retain their contacts and serve as its eyes and ears, often performing as the backbone of the craftworld's small task forces.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 23:03

NICE! Are you going to paint the gems blue as you did for your Farseer? bounce

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 03:48

I wasn't a fan of the Eldar jetbikes. But seeing yours has changed my mind!! The white is so smooth and clean. It looks really sweet
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 08:10

Evil Space Elves wrote:
NICE! Are you going to paint the gems blue as you did for your Farseer? bounce

I got really carried away with the glowy gem idea that I completely forgot that soulstones probably don't glow that way. I'm beginning to think that their chest gems definitely should be the same deep blue as those of the Farseer. I'll experiment with one today, if I like the result, all of them will be getting at least one soul stone in regular colour.

Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 10:21

So far everything looks great; the way you have painted their armour is really nice and btw reminds me of Anja Wettergren's Unsung Heroes chapter, which was what inspired me to paint one of my WoC sorcerers. I will be following this (it will be interesting to see how the wraith units will look).

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 06:04

SImple colors sheme, but no questions about the painting technique, it's flawless Very nice mix of eldar and DE bitz, I enjoy those as I collect both armies. The white really makes you forget these are DE parts you used, they really pass on as 100% craftworld eldar.

I'm not working on my craftworld eldar at the moment, neither will in anytime in the future until I finish most of my Dark eldar, I know that when i get back to my eldar, i'll mix up bitz gladly.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 09:15

Wow love the white paint job they look incredible!
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 13:57

One question: what model(s) is the Pathfinder to the left, on the third picture, based on?

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
SebastionSynn
Hellion
SebastionSynn

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 19:10

Quote :
Banshees! I just can't resist to the 3e Howling Banshee sculpts, their image has been set into my head as the only right one ever since first discovering 40k through Dawn of War.

i agree with you on this one, the newer banshee models are beautiful. i disagree with you on painting them though due to them supposedly not being useful, they deserve painting simply because they are banshees. i like your take on the Jetseer, be nice to see what you come up with for Jetlocks. your take on Dark Rangers is also pretty cool as well, and i might have to steal the idea for my own Craftworld.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 04:55

Saintspirit wrote:
One question: what model(s) is the Pathfinder to the left, on the third picture, based on?

Sorry for being so late to notice this question. The answer is quite boring, really - it's a regular base with grey gravel and modelling snow.

Thanks for all the kind comments, by the way. When I get more spare time in July, there should be quite a few updates to come - after finishing a unit of Trueborn corsairs for my Dark Kin, I have planned to get a squad of Wraithguard, the Wraithlord, Warp Spiders and an Autarch all painted up. Looking through the pictures, I really miss painting white! It is difficult, but so incredibly rewarding.

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 06:26

very nice models! Now surrender to the Dark Eldar or die! (well... I mean die slowly or faster, your choose!)
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 10:02

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
Saintspirit wrote:

Sorry for being so late to notice this question. The answer is quite boring, really - it's a regular base with grey gravel and modelling snow.
No, I didn't mean like that, I rather meant what model you used to build that Pathfinder... Neutral

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 11:28

Oh, lol. They are regular Guardians, mixed up with Kabalite Warrior bits - some have their arms, some front of the torso, some legs and heads.

Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 14:50

Really? Kinda funny, because I don't recognize his weapon from anywhere, really - well, unless it is very converted, of course.

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 17:53

Saintspirit wrote:
Really? Kinda funny, because I don't recognize his weapon from anywhere, really - well, unless it is very converted, of course.

Oh, that. It's a shuriken catapult with a splinter rifle barrel and a scope from IG, I believe. The barrel snaps off all the time, though, tha''s why I didn't do any more of them/.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 19:34

How have I not posted on this thread yet? This is a lovely army and I must say that I find that simple conversion on the Farseer is very nice. I really like how you've painted the bikes, too. Smile

The fluff for the Farseer is a very nice addition, too. Keep up the good work. Smile

Ghosts of Nemirath project log YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of Nemirath project log   Ghosts of Nemirath project log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghosts of Nemirath project log
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: