THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venom units I want to try

Go down 
+11
Captain Mayhem
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Raneth
Fletch
Sky Serpent
vharing
Venkh
Local_Ork
Saintspirit
Ecophagy
The Strange Dude
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Venom units I want to try - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venom units I want to try   Venom units I want to try - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 08:05

Oh puck. Indeed.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Venom units I want to try   Venom units I want to try - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 14:18

True you cannot disembark, but I am not sure about the speed so I will have to look that up.

That is where the Duke would come in handy, if you wanted to deep strike and lay down some serious Splintercannon fire. it would make lift a nightmare for Long Fang Spam.

Right now I am working the Warrior in a venom with shredder & Dual Splinter cannons & Night shields.

I think I want to try a coven next, or a WWP list. What I am thinking for that is 5 wracks with a liquifier gun. I think it will be hard to use, but it would be just sick with all those liquifier guns.

The other option is a wych list with bloodbrides & Incubi in venoms. They would be small, but there would be a lot of them and it is a neat way to spam agonizers all over the field.

Venom units I want to try - Page 2 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Venom units I want to try   Venom units I want to try - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 14:25

GAR wrote:
but I am not sure about the speed so I will have to look that up.
I am...
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Venom units I want to try   Venom units I want to try - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 18:26

Sky Serpent wrote:
I'm really intrigued as to what five Wyches with Haywires could do, surely they have more staying power and anti tank than 5 Kabalites?

Thread res for this bit, even though I'm thinking waaaay too far ahead here! I'd like to try Hydra gauntlets on these, as I reckon the extra attacks go a longer way in such a small squad. It feels like MSU 7th Ed. Druchii all over again (but in space)! Very Happy

Local_Ork wrote:
I could even go further - with Shardnet Bloodbrides. More attacks for You, less for enemy, kinda work like 8 or so Wytches

From what I can tell Venom Bloodbrides can also but take 1 special weapon..? I doubt the Attack rate is going to weigh up against the Scoringness and cheapness of 'mere' Wyches.

SinisterPlank
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Venom units I want to try   Venom units I want to try - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 22:44

I'm going to roll two venoms in my next game, assuming I get them bought and built, one with 5 incubi, and one with 4 TB, 2 cannons and 2 carbines, and The Duke. Both venoms have 2 cannons and nightshields. They'll be zooming through 3 raiders and 4 ravagers and provide some much needed anti infantry power.
Back to top Go down
Liberame
Hellion
Liberame

PostSubject: Re: Venom units I want to try   Venom units I want to try - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 07:33

4 Ravagers eh?

PostSubject: Re: Venom units I want to try   Venom units I want to try - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom units I want to try
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2