THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ork Big Gunz battery

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Ork Big Gunz battery Empty
PostSubject: Ork Big Gunz battery   Ork Big Gunz battery I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 13:49

I've started collecting orks again, and have roughly 1200 points worth of stuff at the moment. I've just ordered some bitz to have some looted looking zzap gunz, just because I like the retro idea of artillery, and then read the rules for them properly. Turns out they're better than they used to be! Anyway, my query is this - on reading the codex entry for the battery, it says the composition is 1-3 guns. It also says I may include up to 6 additional grot crew in the battery. So if the guns are my only heavy support, can I divide them up into three separate units of one gun each, each with two standard crew and 6 additional? So three separate units of one gun and 8 crew each?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Ork Big Gunz battery   Ork Big Gunz battery I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 14:19

its been along time since I looked at the ork artillery (or even an ork codex in general) but if it is worded as "pts- you may include up to an additional" in the entry, then yes, you could have 3 guns w/ 8 grots crewing it. Remember too that artillery changed this edtiion, so its now T7 3+ 2 wounds!!!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Ork Big Gunz battery   Ork Big Gunz battery I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2012, 04:10

You can have up to 3 guns per battery, and each battery takes up one Heavy FOC slot. So, if you want, you can have up to 9 guns in total, each with a crew of two (I'm not sure about more, codex is at home) and you can also take extra ammo runts to re-roll hits, up to three per battery I think.

You could take 5 of these things for the cost of one Boomwagon. They work very well in the right circumstances. And yes, as Shadows pointed out, artillery is now T7. T7 grot krew is pretty funny.

Unfortunately, here in Canada, each single, Finecast gun now costs $36.00 (plus tax)!!! And they each come with just one barrel option. I just made six new kannon out of plasticard, took me two eveningss to build and paint them, and cost me $13.00 for a bag of 12 wheels.

I thought about Zzap guns, but their random Str combined with Orks' already abysmal BS was just too much for me to bear. Maybe one day, just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Ork Big Gunz battery   Ork Big Gunz battery I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2012, 11:58

Thanks for that, thought that would be the case. I've ordered lascannons and wheels to make zzap guns. £50 for a tiny unit is a bit steep! I went for zzap guns for the good AP, as the only other thing in the army which can kill terminators at range will be the shokk attack gun when I get one. I can make three of them for less than the price of one finecast gun, and they'll look nice and looted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ork Big Gunz battery   Ork Big Gunz battery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ork Big Gunz battery
Page 1 of 1