THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Best way to run vaul's wrath battery

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

Best way to run vaul's wrath battery Empty
PostSubject: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 17:54

so this may sound simple but i am really struggling with the unit size and the weapon type to run them with. is vibro cannons the right choice for a MSU grotesterie list? then would you run 2 units or 1 unit or 1 unit of 2 weapons? i have little experience playing with them. thanks for any help
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 19:27

It depends on what the purpose of the battery is. Every single weapon option they have is valid in different circumstances for different reasons.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 19:58

i was hopeing to use it for more heavy firepower for anti tank vehicles and GMC's. in a list similiar to this  http://www.thedarkcity.net/t15121-competitive-1500-point-with-eldar-allies

at 1850pts with an additional hornet (removing the holo field's on all of them), wraithgaurds w/d-scythes, a wwp on the heamy, and 60 points for Vaul's wrath battery unit(s)

had vibro cannon's for the pinning/anti tank not really sure if it ideal though? maybe vaul's doesnt even belong in the list
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 22:32

If you've only got 60 points to play with, I wouldn't consider vibro cannons an option. Their strength lies in multiple guns hitting at the same time, something that occurs more often by having more guns.

The D-cannon is probably going to be best for anti-tank + anti-MC. It's 55 points for 1 of them.

Alternately, you can get 2 shadow weavers for 60 points that will be able to help with light vehicles and MCs that don't have super-high initiatives. The advantage of this option over the D-cannon is just table presence. If you need these to be able to hide in ruins for a null deploy option, choose shadow weavers. If not, I'd probably go with the D-cannon.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 03:02

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
If you need these to be able to hide in ruins for a null deploy option, choose shadow weavers. If not, I'd probably go with the D-cannon.

This.

The D Cannons make great deterrents for opponents who wont want to get to close so as to avoid the big D. The shadow weavers are an awesome option for long range barrage at a bargain basement price but lack the hitting power of the D cannon.

I have seen D cannons outflanked using Eldrads warlord trait to hilarious effect!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 05:55

i got a chance to play with a friends VWB tonight used it as a one of with shadow weave. it was okay, i mean its 30 points. didnt really do anything but take up space. i was hopeing for another anti tank option and it didnt seem worth it next time i play ill take the d-cannon hopefully that would work out better.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 22:25

Yeah, like you said, it's 30 points. I take VWB's, but I take between 6 and 18 of them at a time, so it's a completely different style of play than taking 1. Like I said, if you're taking only 1 and have 60 points to spare, there is no reason to take anything other than the 55 point D-weapon instead of the free options.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01 2017, 04:44

so it would be a decent anti tank if you took the d-style? that is really what i wanted it for

edit: would it be better than running a hornets? or as good or a mix?
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04 2017, 13:21

I use them as a cheap anchor for my (effectively) null deployment army, thus weavers.

D-cannon is awesome for sure (though of 24" range), but the weavers just fit better for my army style Wink

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04 2017, 19:13

sumguy777 wrote:
so it would be a decent anti tank if you took the d-style? that is really what i wanted it for

Yes, the D-style would be decent anti-tank. And yes, 55 points worth of D-style VWB's is better anti-tank than 60 points worth of hornets(since you can't get a hornet for 60 points Very Happy). So unless you've got some extra points around somewhere, the D-style is probably your best bet.

If you have the points to pay for either one, the dual-pulse laser hornet will be better against light to medium vehicles, while the D-battery would be better against big nasty stuff like imperial knights, wraithknights, baneblades, etc.

Be sure not to glue the weapons on. VWB's weapons are easy to swap in and out without magnets(but still hang on well during play) as long as you don't glue them on. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04 2017, 20:38

And tiny magnets are cheap on ebay, just saying.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05 2017, 09:16

i have a bunch of stuff magnitized on my army ill be sure to do that want to pick up a box of 3 and add em in since hornets are fw and harder to get
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05 2017, 11:39

BetrayTheWorld wrote:

Be sure not to glue the weapons on. VWB's weapons are easy to swap in and out without magnets(but still hang on well during play) as long as you don't glue them on. Wink

+1. You don't need any magnets really. You just can change all the weapons very easily. The battery is very well-made plastic kit.

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05 2017, 21:00

lelith wrote:
BetrayTheWorld wrote:

+1. You don't need any magnets really. You just can change all the weapons very easily. The battery is very well-made plastic kit.

Yep, this. The weapons just sort of pop on and off, and there is nothing particularly fragile on these models to worry about breaking off in the process.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06 2017, 03:15

thx for the help i appreciate it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to run vaul's wrath battery   Best way to run vaul's wrath battery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best way to run vaul's wrath battery
Page 1 of 1