THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1998 Venom Spam

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1++
Hekatrix

1998 Venom Spam Empty
PostSubject: 1998 Venom Spam   1998 Venom Spam I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 10:37

My take on a Venom Spam list;

Haemie, Liq, VB

4 Incubi in Venom, 2nd SC
3 Trueborn Blasters in Venom, 2nd SC
3 Trueborn Blasters in Venom, 2nd SC

5 Wyches, HWG, in Venom, 2nd SC
3 Wracks in Raider, FF
3 Wracks in Raider, FF

6 Reavers, 2 Caltrops, 1 HL
6 Reavers, 2 Caltrops, 1 HL

Ravager, DL's, NS
Ravager, Diss, NS
Voidraven, 2x Shatterfields, FF

The idea here is to loadup on target saturation. Give the enemy too many things to shoot at on T1. If we need to blast forwards to be effective (Tau, IG etc) the Raiders will act as sacrificial "Raider-wall" on T1, by flying forwards and landing sideways provding protection for the Venoms. If against an enemy that we outrange (like GK) then just simply sit and fire at max range thanks to pre-measuring Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

1998 Venom Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1998 Venom Spam   1998 Venom Spam I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 22:47

I wouldn't bother with the Shatterfields on the Voidraven, it's going to be tank hunting.

You have enough anti-infantry, give the second Ravager it's lances back. They're better against Paladins too.

Get another Heat Lance in each Reaver squad. (although having them as well as Cluster Caltrops might be a bit much, I would tend to go for one or the other.

Drop the Raider Flickerfields, just move a little for the Jink save.

You ought as well try for the 4th guy in the Blasterborn squads.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

1998 Venom Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1998 Venom Spam   1998 Venom Spam I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 04:24

Yeah, I'm finding that Caltrops and Heat Lance combo together quite nicely - I'm reserving my Reavers in the past few games, so for any tanks that get to within their 21" double dice threat range feel the heat.

Caltrops are awesome at piling up the wounds - what sucks about them is their randomness. In 2 consecutive turns I roll and 1 and a 2 LOL - not the Caltrops fault obviously.....

The Shatterfields I find are a nice Str 7 Large Blast to have, so I'm looking at clumps of Tanks, hitting them on their AV10 or 11 side armour. So far has worked nicely.

Thinking aloud; the "Empty Raider" plan may be too much in pts for what it does - the idea is to boost them forwards and act as a shield to the lineup of Venoms behind - but how good is an AV10 Open Topped shield with a 4+ Cover save going to be anyway......might re-work it

EDIT: New List idea (Not so much a Venom Spam anymore....)

Haemie, Hexrifle
4 Trueborn Blasters in Raider, NS
5 Wyches, HWG, in Venom Dual Cannons
10 Warriors, Splinter Cannon in Raider, NS
10 Warriors, Splinter Cannon in Raider, NS
6 Reavers w/ Arena Champ, 2x Caltrops, 2x HL
Ravager, DL's, NS
Ravager, Diss, NS
Voidraven, 2x Shatterfields, FF

w/ Allies:
Farseer on Jetbike, 2 Powers, Runes of Warding
5 Pathfinders
2 War Walkers w/ 2 Scatter Lasers each walker

-- 1997 --

Haemie rides with TB acting as Anti TEQ unit. I think 10 Warriors in a Raider is pretty nasty, so will double up on them. Splinter Racks really makes these guys better, as they are no longer limited to just move 6" and fire 12" - can now move that bit further and Snap Shot w/ Rerolls.
My selections of the Eldar Allies gives us some Psyker defence, some massedm S6 for glancing low AV and some deep, long range, tough to move camping units - things our codex can't do well enough of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1998 Venom Spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1998 Venom Spam   1998 Venom Spam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1998 Venom Spam
Page 1 of 1