THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How do you like your Pain Engines?

Go down 
+3
Saintspirit
Xelkireth
Ciirian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

How do you like your Pain Engines? Empty
PostSubject: How do you like your Pain Engines?   How do you like your Pain Engines? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 20:12

Curious as to what others think, what sort of weapons and gadgets do you like for your Talos Pain Engine? I am personally stumped on what weapons to use for mine. What do others use and what is the reason for it? Also, has anyone tried to magnetize the tail (or other parts) for weapon swaps?

As for the Chronos, what do upgrades do you like for your Parasite Engine? Because the model looks so cool with them, and the point increase isn't too great, I used both on mine figuring why not use all the weapons it can, situationally.

Personally, the Talos/Chronos model has got to be the most fun I have had putting together and painting a kit. Its really a great model.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your Pain Engines?   How do you like your Pain Engines? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 20:21

I like chainflails, extra cc weapon. I don't like upgrading the splinter cannon, though the haywire blasters are smexy.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your Pain Engines?   How do you like your Pain Engines? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 20:46

Should I take a Cronos it would be with spirit vortex, as the spirit syphon will pretty much only shoot once before getting into cc, and I don't really feel the cronos is that of a fighter.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your Pain Engines?   How do you like your Pain Engines? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 21:04

I'm a bit unsure how the different weapons on the Talos work. I understand the Chainflails lets you roll twice and choose wich is good because there is more of a chance you get more attacks in close combat. That there seems pretty awesome. But when it comes to the Ichor Injector and the liquifier gun, I don't really understand how those works. Im assuming the extra close combat weapon is like any other unit with an extra weapon getting an extra attack...but is that the same with a huge creature like the Talos?

Also, can someone explain to me the differences between the Haywire Blaster/Heat Lance. Even tho the Heatlance is stronger, the Haywire looks better for stopping tanks. I haven't played much 40k so I am just trying to get an idea of what weapons I should attach. Just trying to assemble a bit smarter Wink
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your Pain Engines?   How do you like your Pain Engines? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 23:06

I'm going heat lance, ACCW, and chain-flails for the talos, with just a spirit vortex for the chronos.
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your Pain Engines?   How do you like your Pain Engines? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 00:35

me too.

Im going to deploying mine via the webway so hopefully range wont be an issue.

i cant wait to get my hands on them
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your Pain Engines?   How do you like your Pain Engines? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 13:02

Talos with an extra ccw gets and extra attack (so it does 1d6+1 attacks). Chainflails count as a close combat weapon so they can be paired with an extra ccw. Inchor Injector isn't a close combat weapon, but makes the Talos's attacks force a toughness test that causes instant death if failed. Liquifier Gun is the same Liquifier Haemonculi and Wracks have, exept twinlinked (so reroll wounds). Both Liquifier and Injector replace a ccw, which really just means if you take them you can't get a bonus attack from an extra ccw (there's no different in having 0 or 1 close combat weapons, but you need 2 to get the +1 attack).
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your Pain Engines?   How do you like your Pain Engines? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 23:44

I think I am getting what your saying Nomic, thanks for breaking it down for me. Just so I understand...

Talos comes with a regular CCW (which is its D6 attacks in CC). The extra weapon gives you an extra attack and chainflails count also use the D6 attacks but count as a regular weaopon.

The ichor injector is a specialized weapon that makes the Talos' random attacks force a toughness in CC. While the Liquifier gun is a template you spray before you move into assault. Did I get all that right?

Sorry for confusing question....just wanna make sure I got rules right before my first game Sat.
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your Pain Engines?   How do you like your Pain Engines? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 02:27

Ciirian wrote:
I think I am getting what your saying Nomic, thanks for breaking it down for me. Just so I understand...

Talos comes with a regular CCW (which is its D6 attacks in CC). The extra weapon gives you an extra attack and chainflails count also use the D6 attacks but count as a regular weaopon.

The ichor injector is a specialized weapon that makes the Talos' random attacks force a toughness in CC. While the Liquifier gun is a template you spray before you move into assault. Did I get all that right?

Sorry for confusing question....just wanna make sure I got rules right before my first game Sat.
That is all correct.

As for your question about the Heat Lance/Haywire Blaster, what I think what Phil Kelly was going for was that the Talos is one of the few units designed to be able to flat out destroy vehicles and well-armored units up close, so the Heat Lance got a higher price as it was specializing the Talos in that area. The problem with that is the range; when you are 18" away, it is a toss-up whether or not Running forward for a CC smash-up next turn would be a better choice.

The Haywire Blaster, on the other hand, is good for suppressing enemy vehicles but not killing them, and sniping mid-level infantry, neither role the Talos itself was designed for nor roles the Dark Eldar are hurting for lack of choice.

Me, I'm considering a stinger pod, because an Assault 2 Blast Weapon is flat out evil (I like me some Grotzookas). Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your Pain Engines?   How do you like your Pain Engines? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you like your Pain Engines?
Page 1 of 1