THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Deep striking chronos parasite engines

Go down 
+3
Zenotaph
The Shade of Despair
BetrayTheWorld
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Deep striking chronos parasite engines Empty
PostSubject: Deep striking chronos parasite engines   Deep striking chronos parasite engines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2014, 04:21

Ok, so I've been thinking about the Corsair prince's ability to give 3 units deep strike, and am kicking around the idea of making an army that deep strikes upgraded parasite engines in to give pain tokens to the rest of my army. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
The Shade of Despair
Slave
The Shade of Despair

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking chronos parasite engines   Deep striking chronos parasite engines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2014, 10:48

Wow, That seems like a really fun idea, but I think you would have to design the rest of the army around those plentiful paintoken spitters, not much use giving pain tokens to kabalite warriors for example. But sure deepstrike some parasite enginees and charge their lines with beast packs and wracks and I think you got a really fun unique list.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking chronos parasite engines   Deep striking chronos parasite engines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2014, 14:32

How about 2 chronoi and a talos?

Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking chronos parasite engines   Deep striking chronos parasite engines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2014, 15:27

Who gives that ability?

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking chronos parasite engines   Deep striking chronos parasite engines I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 01:02

Corsair Prince.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking chronos parasite engines   Deep striking chronos parasite engines I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 12:37

Has it been GAQ'ed or cleafred up whether you can use the ability on anyone in your army, or just those in the Corsair detachment/Corsair faction?
Worth checking.....

http://www.escelionfilms.com
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking chronos parasite engines   Deep striking chronos parasite engines I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 00:53

Squidmaster wrote:
Has it been GAQ'ed or cleafred up whether you can use the ability on anyone in your army, or just those in the Corsair detachment/Corsair faction?
Worth checking.....

No FAQ on it, so have to go with what it says in the book, which is "army".
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking chronos parasite engines   Deep striking chronos parasite engines I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 04:04

They're battle brothers aren't they? I don't see why not, I read a story, can't remember if it's in the codex or not but it was from the perspective of an IG and he heard a clicking noise coming from the sky and saw a Cronos float down and watched as his comrades died in droves around him, so it's fluffy.

Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking chronos parasite engines   Deep striking chronos parasite engines I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 10:50

Barrywise wrote:
... I read a story, can't remember if it's in the codex or not but it was from the perspective of an IG and he heard a clicking noise coming from the sky and saw a Cronos float down and watched as his comrades died in droves around him, so it's fluffy.

That is indeed from the Codex, the Cronos entry itself in fact Smile. Technically they are always floating - assuming they're built that way of course.

Never tried deep striking a Cronos, however I tend to find if unsupported they tend to get popped fairly quickly, it doesn't seem it at first but they've always felt considerably less resiliant than my Talos(es/oi/'). Also I can't remember the range off-hand but you can only pass the pain tokens so far, no? Additionally an opponant who knows what a Cronos is will be able to easily dedicate one or two units to bringing it down in short order without losing much in the way of significant firepower. At which point I'd say if you're trying to mitigate it's speed and shorter range, why not use a Webway Portal, as that way you can guarentee it has support and that it's in range of things to pass the pain to.... tends to work for me at least, but then again I'm rather taken with Webway Portals.

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking chronos parasite engines   Deep striking chronos parasite engines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep striking chronos parasite engines
Page 1 of 1