THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Necrons Help!

Go down 
+5
DarkGregson
Cavash
Massaen
Count Adhemar
The Dark Lord
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dark Lord
Slave

Necrons Help! Empty
PostSubject: Necrons Help!   Necrons Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 16:32

My friend is quite a veteren when it comes to 40k and we have recently both got new armies for 6th editon he go Necrons I got Dark Eldar.

Now I love playing Dark Eldar but I cannot get the hang of surviving against him

His Immortals literally kill everything that comes anywhere close

He takes quite a few Res Orbs so it seems that my main chance of winning is rushing into conbat, but then the toughies like canoptek wraiths and triarch praetorians come.

His HQ is also brutal with a 2+ and a 3++ that no matter what HQ i try to kill him with seems to work.

Any tips to surpassing this army?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Necrons Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons Help!   Necrons Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 16:51

For immortals, they have a 24" range so it's definitely worth staying back and pounding them with as much firepower as possible from venoms and/or raiders (with splinter racks and carrying warriors). Night shields can help here.

For the overlord, don't try to go one on one with your own HQ. I'd suggest simply swamping him with attacks so Wyches or Harlequins maybe?

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Necrons Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons Help!   Necrons Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 17:57

Night shielded venoms will murder immortals. They are just space marines afterall! I find the barges are far worse for us

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Necrons Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons Help!   Necrons Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 18:21

Do not play fair. Do not face one HQ against his. I agree with Adhemar's Harlequin suggestion.

Necrons Help! YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
DarkGregson
Slave
DarkGregson

Necrons Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons Help!   Necrons Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 20:48

In my opinion this is one of the only times i would go for at least one disintegrator cannon ravager. This can eat up troops and deal serious damage to canoptek wraiths and triarch praetorians. Also it has the range and speed to keep away from most of the danger.

Crimson Dom
Slave
Crimson Dom

Necrons Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons Help!   Necrons Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 20:54

I agree with Cavash; keep at range and pick your fights.

Also try and focus your fire power so that you annihilate one unit rather than mildly annoy many, that way his res-orbs are for nothing; as if the whole squad is dead then they can't use the re-animation protocols

Grey Knights - More a fun inquisitorial force; now with Guard allies!
Back to top Go down
Detharmonic
Slave
Detharmonic

Necrons Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons Help!   Necrons Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 22:16

Necrons are a midrange army. DE have access to several long range weapons to combat the necrons effectively. Dark matter shots will instagib wraiths should they fail their 3++. A voidraven or jet fighter also prove handy for dealing with immortals. The missile attacks are excellent at wiping those things off objectives. You really want to wait until late game to engage in close combat when his units have suffered a bunch of casualties.

As others have pointed out, focus firing one unit at a time is super effective against necrons. Using a "deny the flank" strategy will certainly ensure success against these robots.

Use your mobility, long range fire, and target prioritization to the best of your abilities and you'll surely notice a difference in the match up.

Also, if you post some lists of what you and your friend are using, we could be of better help to you Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

Necrons Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons Help!   Necrons Help! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 15:56

My favorite two pieces of wargear vs. Necrons - Nightshields and Shattershard.

Obviously nightshields will keep your vehicles alive longer vs a mid-range army.

Loading a single Haemonclus with a shattershard will be an easy way to target those tough units like wraiths or praetorians, with I2 they should fail 2/3rds of the tests. The thing to watch for is the wraiths will still get their invuln save. You could also try and get the HQ hit by this, but again, the invuln will make it tough.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Necrons Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons Help!   Necrons Help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 19:39

you dont get invuls against shattershard, as it doesnt do wounds. Its fail and remove...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Necrons Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrons Help!   Necrons Help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necrons Help!
Page 1 of 1