THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)

Go down 
+5
Nomic
Kayto_Karite
Count Adhemar
Enfernux
Blind_Baku
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) Empty
PostSubject: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 16:10

Command table - Option 3 - grants Move through cover to all units w/ range... Vehicle = Units right? So you suddenly gain the MTC trait on the vehicle and your transport now "automatically passes Dangerous Terrain tests"

Thanks kinda nice to know.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 16:14

Nope, vehicles are vehicles or squadrons - taking it word by word. If i put karandras in a wave serpent, does him being inside confering stealth also confer it to the transport? dont think so...or if it does, eldar are looking at 4up jink by moving 1". Horrible amount of points, yes XD. Or having a defend dire avenger exarch in a transport, does he decrease the number of attacks the serpent gets? Duno ^^

Last edited by Enfernux on Thu Aug 30 2012, 16:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 16:16

Enfernux wrote:
Nope, vehicles are vehicles or squadrons - taking it word by word. If i put karandras in a wave serpent, does him being inside confering stealth also confer it to the transport? dont think so.

Karandras gives Stealth to a unit of Striking Scorpions only. The Warlord Trait gives MTC to all units within 6" so it would indeed apply to vehicles. Vehicles are units.

Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 16:19

"A unit usually consists of several models that have banded together, but a single, powerful model, such as a lone character, a tank, a war engine or a rampaging monster, is also considered to be a unit in its own right." BRB pg3 Emphasis added

Also it's better than that count, it's 12" Very Happy
May not always be useful but does add extra flexability to our no.1 weapon, mobility!

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 16:22

Count Adhemar wrote:
Karandras gives Stealth to a unit of Striking Scorpions only. The Warlord Trait gives MTC to all units within 6" so it would indeed apply to vehicles. Vehicles are units.

sry yeah, just read it again...srysrysry Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Kayto_Karite
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 16:24

Techincally yes, its a 12" bubble. Vehicles still count as a unit. The Warlord trait doesn't specifiy what kind of unit. It states "...your warlord and all friendly units within 12"..." Also, Result 1 on Strategic grants it to all units in your army so you don't have to be within a 12" bubble.

”We the unwilling, led by the ungrateful, are doing the impossible. We've done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do something with nothing." - Konstantin Josef Jireček

My Dark Eldar Blog: The Shardnet and Impaler - Dark Eldar Lists
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshardnetandimpaler.com/
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 16:31

Kayto_Karite wrote:
Techincally yes, its a 12" bubble. Vehicles still count as a unit. The Warlord trait doesn't specifiy what kind of unit. It states "...your warlord and all friendly units within 12"..." Also, Result 1 on Strategic grants it to all units in your army so you don't have to be within a 12" bubble.

Nice, may actually have to play with ruins more often. I normally would take the Command tree, and the other benifit would be that the CT (command tree) rule is all types of terrain, bu the addition of stealth on all vehicle would be kinda great.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 18:21

Actually Karandras was FAQd to give stealth to any unit he joins. Still wouldn't confer stealth to his transport, as he can't join it, only embark on it. But yeah, since vehicles are indeed units (every model in the army is part of a unit of some kind), they would benefit from effects that affect all units.

Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 18:41

Nomic wrote:
Actually Karandras was FAQd to give stealth to any unit he joins. Still wouldn't confer stealth to his transport, as he can't join it, only embark on it. But yeah, since vehicles are indeed units (every model in the army is part of a unit of some kind), they would benefit from effects that affect all units.

avatar confers fearless to vehicles, yeah xD

Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 18:47

Now, if your Warlord is embarked, does the transport itself radiate the bubble of Command traits to other units?

Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 21:23

I'd assume so, but that's dangerous. I'm sure someone would want you to measure from the base of the model... or maybe even put him on the raider/venom
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 22:44

My warboss on battlewagon used his inspiring presence to let lootas pass leadership tests, and my opponent and I agreed it worked like with everything else when embarked on a vehicle - measured from the hull, in all directions. It seemed like the only way to do it really.

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 08:42

@Blind: so if i were to put something in a large flying transport...say...a Tau Manta, would you make me measure from the hull or the base? Razz As i recall, considering vehicles, everything is measured from the hull. If your opponent wants you to measure from the base, then you should also make him target the base, not the model, when hes shooting or assaulting. What goes around, comes around.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 10:19

I agree with Mr Believer, a general rule is you measure from the hull for effects like that.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Kayto_Karite
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 12:44

In general the base doesnt exist for all vehicles except walkers and flyers. You should pretend the base isn't there. I once had a guy argue with me about this. He stated that his wave serpent wasn't in difficult terrain because his base wasn't in. Then I brought up the rule that explained how you can tell if your vehicles is in terrain he stated the base keeps him floating in the air so his hull never touches terrain. I grabbed my models and left on the Top of Turn 2.

Back to the warlord traits. I agree with the measuring from the hull. The one thing I think could be grey is when a Warlord is in a unit. Do you measure from the unit or the model? Many effects that have a bubble lets you measure from the unit, but I'm not to sure on the exact wording on thoe effects so I may be wrong.

”We the unwilling, led by the ungrateful, are doing the impossible. We've done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do something with nothing." - Konstantin Josef Jireček

My Dark Eldar Blog: The Shardnet and Impaler - Dark Eldar Lists
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshardnetandimpaler.com/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 12:48

I'm fairly sure you measure from the model. If the model is in a vehicle you measure from the hull.

Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 15:27

Kayto_Karite wrote:
Do you measure from the unit or the model?

In the case of the warlord model being on the table, and not in a vehicle, I'd got from model base not the unit. Vehicles and Bunkers are specifically exceptions because you actually remove the model the table (normally)
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 15:44

I assumed the rule about not using abilities while embarked that came in at the end of 5th Ed had carried over. Has it not then? Back to the Necron traveller characters command barge shenanigans... Sigh

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)   Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear not the ruins (1/6th of the time)
Page 1 of 1