THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ork's Deff Rolla

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tlronin
Wych

Ork's Deff Rolla Empty
PostSubject: Ork's Deff Rolla   Ork's Deff Rolla I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 12:54

I know it's not a specific DE question, but I was hoping if any of my fellow archons secretly dwells with the green hides sometimes aswell....

I had a Venom rammed by a battlewagon with a Deff Rolla. It exploded. Then he claimed the ex-passengers get hit aswell by the effects of the Deff Rolla. It seems too powerfull to me. So is this true?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Ork's Deff Rolla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork's Deff Rolla   Ork's Deff Rolla I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 12:57

I was initially suspicious of this but thinking about it, if the venom explodes I think a ramming vehicle carries on going. As I think you have to deploy the survivors within the area occupied by the now-exploded vehicle then they could indeed be hit.

Not got rulebook on me though so I could well be totally wrong on that!
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

Ork's Deff Rolla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork's Deff Rolla   Ork's Deff Rolla I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 13:03

I believe last edition they had to be placed in the crater, this edition I think they have to be deployed within 3". So, 3" from the hull SHOULD let you avoid the hit, if you place the models carefully.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
tlronin
Wych

Ork's Deff Rolla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork's Deff Rolla   Ork's Deff Rolla I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 13:10

@Count Adhemar
This was their argument as well. The ramming vehicle dóes keep going, I agree with that (it's indeed in the rules) but... Wouldn't the vehicle already have passed?

To me it feels like you pick up the battlewagon and ram the Venom. Then you pick 'm up again and ram the occupants.

You know what I mean?

@Skulnbonz

It sounds so nitpicky. I feel that the Deff Rolla just moves on. But yeah, rules are rules I guess.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Ork's Deff Rolla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork's Deff Rolla   Ork's Deff Rolla I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 13:36

IIRC, the ramming vehicle stops when it comes into contact with another vehicle and the ram is resolved. If the target is destroyed then the ramming vehicle continues and if there are any other models in its path then they are struck in the usual way.

That's how it works in game but of course the vehicle doesn't actually stop. We are basically just pausing to resolve the ram. The movement after the ram is still the same movement as before.
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

Ork's Deff Rolla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork's Deff Rolla   Ork's Deff Rolla I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 16:53

As a greenskin in disguise, The deffrolla is one of most insidious weapons in the Ork Arsenal. I have actually rammed/rolled 4 seperate units in one go with my Deffrolla; and if you place models in the crater that was your vehicle and the line and direction the battlewagon is moving clips that unit then unfortunately it gets them too, at least thats how we play it.

Because it does automatic damage to a unit is where the ambiguity creeps in; if the venom were rammed by a landraider and blew up, would the occupants then suffer a tank shock? According to p86, BRB, yes they would.

"if the rammed vehicle is removed because it suffers an explodes damage result, the rammer continues its move until it reaches its maximum move distance,moves within 1" of impassable terrain or friendly troops (at which point it stops immediately) or contacts another enemy unit (which it will tankshock or ram again)"

Keep in mind though that if the vehicle is only wrecked, it stays in place and is now difficult and dangerous terrain, forcing a roll for entering it, which the deffrolla allows a reroll.

The Deffrolla. Dont leave your battlewagon without it!
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

Ork's Deff Rolla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork's Deff Rolla   Ork's Deff Rolla I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 15:08

Thnx for the replies peeps.

I would indeed advice all Ork playa's to have atleast 1 Deff Rolla in the army, 'cause that thing is nasty!
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

Ork's Deff Rolla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork's Deff Rolla   Ork's Deff Rolla I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 00:10

tlronin wrote:
Thnx for the replies peeps.

I would indeed advice all Ork playa's to have atleast 1 Deff Rolla in the army, 'cause that thing is nasty!

Nasty is the nicest thing my opponents have called it; Most names cannot be mentioned due to not only forum rules against foul language but also international decency laws Laughing

GW is sneaky about it too, you can only get the deffrolla as part of the battlewagon upgrade sprue; $20-ish on top of the $70-ish for the wagon. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ork's Deff Rolla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork's Deff Rolla   Ork's Deff Rolla I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ork's Deff Rolla
Page 1 of 1