THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Orks Orks Orks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09 2014, 06:45

Greetings again all

As another distraction (certainly distracts ME from other projects) my son and I are working on his Orks.

He loves the models, but didnt want GREEN orks, so he opted for Blue. The vehicle colours were decided on jointly (ala bees / wasps / bumblebee the Transformer).

I'll put up some pics as and when I can - Orks are... so much easier to paint than anything else I have done!

comments / observations / opinions welcome. Keep in mind these are started by my son but finished by me, to a gaming standard.

DeffKopta:
Orks Orks Orks Wp_20123

Some of the Boys - Group Photo (they were very happy to pose for this one)

Orks Orks Orks Wp_20124

One of 3 killa kans (group photo to come, if I can get them all to stand still!)

Orks Orks Orks Wp_20125

Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 22:05

I am a fan!
The colours you two have picked work well in and of themselves, and blue orks actually look pretty good. Bravo on the paint job too.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 22:31

Gotta love orks!!

Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 02:08

Thankyou both

we have a few more Boiz done now; and a truck thats in progress (still!) as well as some Nobz almost completed.

Will get some more pics up later on

Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 02:14

Can you buy one of the new taurox and post it as a truk or whatever and model it like a school bus?

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 02:18

You should wash the skin in drakenhof nightshade Razz and the yellow you should dirty up abit..... ork ork ork ork. Although that would be up to your kid, after all he may want tidy orks Razz Can you imagine spiffed up orks? Surprised

Orks Orks Orks 169fdpu
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 02:21

These Orks are... particularly particular Razz

Dirt may come later, we shall see.

As for the Taurox.... IMHO Ugliest. Vehicle. Ever. I just... dont like it, and cant bring myself to spend money on that, which could go towards a Stompa / more DE / Ork Bikers.

Skin is washed, but the pics arent great. I.... am aiming for a reasonable tabletop standard; as Son and I have agreed that we dont need to spend hours and hours on a 5 point model (or thereabouts)

The Nobz I have played with the skin a bit more too - using the new blue dry compound from GW. interesting effects!

Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 07:28

IMHO you're already at and beyond tabletop standard; at the very least, your models look better than 90% of the stuff the dozen or so guys in my group lovingly churn out, and I thought we weren't half bad.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 07:43

He's right the wash on your orcs is done very well can't wait to see em all finished.

Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 07:52

Embarassed 

Thanks guys! appreciate the positive feedback and comments.

I'll try and see if I can get the whole mob thats done to stand still long enough for a pic - as I am sure you all understand they are somewhat excited by the current 7th ed rumours etc so.... its a bit of a challenge.

it sounds terrible but I do have my eye on the Gargantuan Squiggoth... I have been lookinf for an excuse to get that model for a few years now... so fingers crossed for a win in lotto or some other windfall. Still - lots of other projects i need to finish first.

Actually... hmmm... wonder if I can convert some Orks to ride the 2 Great Gnarlocs i salvaged from a Tau lot I inherited.... now that would be interesting.... more thought required!

Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 13:29

Ok some more pics.

First up - Group (AKA MOB!) shot. As I said, the Boiz are all very excited and unruly at the moment so this was a challenge...

Orks Orks Orks Wp_20126

Now - The Nobz (5 are still having their final coats applied and are currently indisposed or so they tell me)

Orks Orks Orks Wp_20127

Here we have Da Boss and his too-eye-see Minimegaboss

Orks Orks Orks Wp_20128

Next a not-so-awesome pic of the 4 Burnas and Mek-Boi

Orks Orks Orks Wp_20129

And Lastly, because... well he demanded it and he's not really one you want to trifle with. Just in case you ever need emergency surgery you understand. Madd Doc McGurkin on his own.

Orks Orks Orks Wp_20130

I couldn't find the Deffkoptas or Biker Boiz so I assume they are working on their Machines in the Garage.

SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 13:35

Madd Doc McGurkin looks great! Bet he's much better at the removing of limbs that sticking them back on!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Orks Orks Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Orks Orks   Orks Orks Orks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orks Orks Orks
Page 1 of 1