THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hwailaluta
Slave

Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies   Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 00:23

Greetings archons, archites, et al.

I am quite pleased to finally be joining this extended family. The cloud of vigorous sadism found in this den is...palpable (you guys seem nice Very Happy). I have lurked in other realms for some time now, but truly there is nothing greater than a proper home with all the right tools. Whilst my time has withered away gazing at the void that is the limited tactical knowledge of other realms, this realm has sat just beneath my thoughts. I had seen this place before, but somehow failed to remember it until this day. Truly, there are no finer tacticians and hedonists out there than those kept within these unhallowed grounds.

(I'm saying this place seems the best place to be in terms of finding good advice on dark eldar tactics. You also seem reasonable. Like I could get away with posting themed lists or simply fun lists without competitive hate.)

I would like to say that I am specifically pleased with what I saw here on how to take on grey knights. Sometimes the most obvious tactics slip from my mind. I'm actually pretty spacey, but I love strategy games. I've been playing 40k since 3rd edition, and when I started my neighbor gave me sisters of battle, dark angels, and imp guard. He also gave me a few 2nd and 3rd ed books when i started. I'm 20 years old and have been playing for about 9 years. I am neither a GW fanboy, nor do I outright hate them. I think the new edition nerfs us in some bothersome ways, but it's an exciting edition even for us nonetheless. I no longer have those old armies, but I have black templars, chaos, dark eldar, and a few eldar now. I always buy minis on the cheap or trade for them. I've been spending far, far too much time thinking about dark eldar in the past few years without actually playing them much. I barely played 5th edition, really. If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask.

Vile reckoning to your foes.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies   Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 06:26

Hi and welcome. Look forward to your input, questions and comments.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies   Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 09:56

Welcome to The Dark City!

Hwailaluta wrote:

(I'm saying this place seems the best place to be in terms of finding good advice on dark eldar tactics. You also seem reasonable. Like I could get away with posting themed lists or simply fun lists without competitive hate.)

That's one of the nicer things about this place, people are willing to work with your list requirements (eg: you ant to make a list with Mandrakes) people will work with that rather then belittling you about how bad mandrakes are. Or how not running ravagers is a bad idea etc.

There seems to be an open mind on these forums, and people seem to enjoy experimenting and reporting their findings.

That being said there are still competitive players on these forums who have a wealth of tournament experience to share, and are great at analysing your game play.

Last but not least there is a fantastic fluff and modelling section, that is well worth checking out.

Glad to have another veteran join the darkness. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hwailaluta
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies   Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 19:19

Heheh, well with my long breaks I hardly feel like a veteran, but I'm trying to improve. I have taken a small look at the modeling section, but I have not touched the fluff section yet. I'm really bad about getting myself to read, but forums are strangely easier to skim..? It must be something about the internet.

I couldn't keep myself from enjoying your batrep against the GK, Mushkilla. I wonder if Draigowing would have fared any better.

And I intend to give what input I can, 1++. Speaking of which, I'm going to head over to some other threads. And nice name, btw.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies   Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 09:15

Hwailaluta wrote:

I couldn't keep myself from enjoying your batrep against the GK, Mushkilla. I wonder if Draigowing would have fared any better.

Glad you enjoyed it. Smile

No idea to be honest. I think they would of had a good chance, well at least until the whole "unit of characters" thing gets FAQed out (I doubt it will stay).
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies   Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 15:09

Agree with Mushkilla, you'll get along here just fine. Smile

I personally always have said that DE's codex is not called the dartboard codex for nothing. So pick what you want and stop bothering with what other people expect you to field. Skilled players will make anything work (look at Mushkilla haha).

In other words: Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies   Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 18:07

tlronin wrote:
Skilled players will make anything work (look at Mushkilla haha).

Yes The Truth Hurts Wink
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies   Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 18:19

nah, you do use reavers to a point i wouldnt have been able to reach with my idea-based lists. To me, they are way to expensive for a 5 up 5th ed game - not all me buds got to 6th yet Sad - and though they are a very very good unite in 6th, i simply lack the financial background to buy 27 Sad and i dont like to proxy, even though i have 9 shinigspears, 2 farseers, 35 GJB and 23 locks for the job Razz

and to the OP howdy!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies   Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 08:43

Hwailaluta wrote:
And I intend to give what input I can, 1++. Speaking of which, I'm going to head over to some other threads. And nice name, btw.

Thanks What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies   Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Gloaming, Fellow Lords and Ladies
Page 1 of 1