THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesques?

Go down 
+22
shadowseercB
doomseer11b
Deamon
Steffo
Jehoel
mukslinger
Grumpy Kwi
Blind_Baku
Count Adhemar
Evil Space Elves
Dvine1989
Gobsmakked
Setomidor
Nomic
Mushkilla
xzandrate
Skari
1++
cegorach
Krovin-Rezh
Enfernux
wittykid
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
1++
Hekatrix

Grotesques? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 03:31

Great pic Kwi !!!

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 08:19

Grumpy Kwi wrote:
Grotesques? - Page 2 Th_6d4b3d32

Ohm nom nom.... Entire team is babies! What sick man sends babies to fight me?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Dvine1989
Hellion
Dvine1989

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 22:49

Count Adhemar wrote:
1++ wrote:
Evil Space Elves wrote:
We couldn't find anything in the he LOS wounds from being allocated to a different model each time

I too was looking this up and couldn't find anything to say that wounded models must continue to have wounds allocated too them. As long as they are within 6" and in the same unit, go right ahead and pick and choose who takes the wounds and when.

Yep, that's how it works.

This only if these models are on the same line (aka equally close to enemy). Else you will have to give all wounds to the closest by BRB right?
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 01:51

Nope.

When you are being shot at, the model that is closest to the enemy must take the save. If this model is a Characer or and Independant Character you can attempt a Look Out Sir roll and if successful you can resolve the wound against another model that is in the same squad, and within 6"

XXX

IC
ABCD
EFGH

The shots are coming from the enemy unit, XXX. The IC at the front is closest and can then attempt a Look Out Sir onto his unit consisting of 8 models, choosing anyone that is within 6" of models ABCDEFGH.

Hellion
Dvine1989

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 09:39

Aight i read the LOS as line of sight not Look out sir, my mistake Razz

Help make my DE+ Eldar list better please!!!
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 09:46

thats why i use LOS for look out sir! and TLOS - as true line of sight - for line of sight. Handy, aint it? Smile

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Dvine1989
Hellion
Dvine1989

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 09:52

Enfernux wrote:
thats why i use LOS for look out sir! and TLOS - as true line of sight - for line of sight. Handy, aint it? Smile
Yea indeed xd
Back to top Go down
mukslinger
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 13:11

Have a look at this post: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t4074-dark-eldar-and-allies-grey-knights

It's a very interesting idea of using Grey Knights as allies in a Hemonculous Coven army. The Grand Master will allow you to make your Grotesques scoring units.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 14:24

mukslinger wrote:
Have a look at this post: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t4074-dark-eldar-and-allies-grey-knights

It's a very interesting idea of using Grey Knights as allies in a Hemonculous Coven army. The Grand Master will allow you to make your Grotesques scoring units.

GW employee: Everyone keeps saying Grey Knights are broken! How do we fix this?
Mat: Fear not mortal I have a cunning plan.
GW employee: What might that be?
Mat: ALLIES.
GW employee: How does that fix things?
Mat: By letting Grey Night break other codices!
GW employee: That quite clever actually.
Mat: Indeed, now kneel before my greatness!
GW employee: But how do we justify it your greatness?
Mat: Simple, we will say it is "cinematic", now kneel mortal before I slaughter another covenant of sisters!

*Gregorian chant starts* MaaaaaTTT WAAaaaaRRDDD... Maaaattttt WAaaarrrDD...

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 14:33

how i would love to slam an ichor injector up that mad mans...well im not going to write this out, but you get me XD

Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 16:18

I was looking forward to adding them to my list and giving thema spin. But then the model was released and it was ugly as hell and with only one pose. I'm not a great converter and honestly wouldn''t know where to begin. So no Grots for me...

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
Setomidor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 18:18

There is another thread om Grot conversions, you're not the only one who cant stand the current model Smile
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 02:26

These single pose models kinda take the fun outta it

Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 03:59

Ogres, Rat or normal variety seem to be the most popular choices, mixed with extra Talos/Cronos bits. They actually look quite a bit superior to the GW model.

I've also seen the Crypt Horrors, and DoomBulls from Fantasy, as well as Hordes minis used quite effectively as well. Don't write them off so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 13:09

River trolls the one with the vommit has the Liquifyer gun. Just toss on some small odds and ends, maybe one of those fins off a guardian backpack and TADA! Mindcontrol/slave crowned trolls.

(Was my plan when I was going to do an exodite army)
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 13:44

Blind_Baku wrote:
River trolls the one with the vommit has the Liquifyer gun. Just toss on some small odds and ends, maybe one of those fins off a guardian backpack and TADA! Mindcontrol/slave crowned trolls.

(Was my plan when I was going to do an exodite army)

River trolls would make hilarious grotesques Smile

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 13:53

just googled it. Thats it, im ordering! Untill now i used termi models as proxi :S

Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 18:41

Yup, those would work really well I think.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08 2012, 01:04

Uh oh: looks like the Look out Sir in the new FAQ got rid of wound allocation shenanigans. Closest model to the character takes the wound now.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08 2012, 01:20

yep, grots tanking isnt viable now! :S XD i am so calculating on what to order...will post a list probably t.morrow or early next weak with hopefull improvements to what should i use 6th 1.1

Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08 2012, 02:59

Ya, it's already been pointed out that the quick way around it is have 2 guys equal distance apart. Next turn just switch the guys who are closest to keep the squad at full effectiveness.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08 2012, 03:04

The effectiveness change that I was talking about was spreading the six wounds that would take out two grots to ALL of the other members of the squad as happened in a game in which Look out sir rolls had spread wounds to almost all of the members of the squad twice leaving each of them at 1W a piece.

Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08 2012, 03:10

Ahhhh, well they definitely won't be as effective in that case.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08 2012, 03:53

xzandrate wrote:
Ahhhh, well they definitely won't be as effective in that case.
I played against them that way using the old ruling. NASTY Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Setomidor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08 2012, 18:35

Is a classical Huskblade/soul trap/shadow field Archon the best Grot-buddy now after the FAQ? High I and grenades over Haemo, and considerable endurance and AP2 goodness over the Succubus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques?   Grotesques? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesques?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next