THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Which color scheme?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
somerandomdude
Hellion

Which color scheme? Empty
PostSubject: Which color scheme?   Which color scheme? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09 2012, 04:53

Hey folks!

I've got a dilemma... I have an army with a lot of Hellions, Reavers, and vehicles, meaning a lot of flat pieces that I can make really stand out if I so choose. I've got an airbrush that I've become more and more comfortable with, so these schemes overall shouldn't be too much of a stretch for me. I'm trying to decided between two or three color schemes:

1) Sand world raiders. Basically, everything will be basecoated brown and worked up to light brown/tan/khaki, with metal bits throughout, black/brown leather pieces, pale skin and red/orange blazing hair. I've already done one model like this that I really like (and it was my first airbrush model), and even thought up most of the backstory, but I'm worried the tan will just wash out across an entire army.

2) Fire fanatics. Dark colors (most likely black) with fire designs on most flat pieces. I can use the airbrush to make pretty nice looking flames on the bigger things, and I'm willing to try it out on Hellions.

3) Ice world. I know, this was a fantastic, original idea when the codex came out, and now they're all over the place it seems. But ice-theme looks fantastic when done well. Armor will be a cool white/blue shade, with cool gray skin, blue/black hair, and ice white weaponry most likely.

It's been really tough decided, and even if some of you suggest one way I will probably do something else, but I want as much input as I can get.

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Which color scheme?   Which color scheme? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09 2012, 05:48

Do some test models or paint some spare pieces, seeing them will give you a better idea
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: Which color scheme?   Which color scheme? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09 2012, 07:32

a hot rod raider would look cool! but yeah, paining a test item and the making a decision is probably your best bet. and if you don't know what you like more post them here and we'll be helpful in that way that we are.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Which color scheme?   Which color scheme? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09 2012, 09:50

my vote: 2) in order to not make this post spam worthy: flames look awesome, esp. in hot rod style! Just for this, i will paint a few myself! You got me working wtf?! ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which color scheme?   Which color scheme? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which color scheme?
Page 1 of 1