THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hellraiser Color-scheme

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Zarkalus
Hellion
Archon Zarkalus

Hellraiser Color-scheme Empty
PostSubject: Hellraiser Color-scheme   Hellraiser Color-scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2011, 21:48

Greetings....

I was wondering if I could plumb the depths of the Dark City and get some help...

I have pretty much settled on a theme of my army as being a "Hellraiser"-themed Haemoculus Coven. I was going to borrow this paint scheme. A base of a golden/brassy color with black (?) trim.
This color would be used for my Haemoculus and Wracks.

I was not sure what to paint, the Warriors as though... I figured that I would paint the wyches as wearing black leather (Patent) outfits...

I liked the fluff behind Lady Malys... and I was thinking of using Poisoned Tongue as my warriors...

Does anybody have any other ideas? I initially thought of Black and Brass/Gold but that would look waaayyy too much like Black Legion. I'm open to suggestions..

BTW... I don't have any models as of yet... except for a squad of Hellions.

Back to top Go down
Candice Heart-Reaper
Hellion
Candice Heart-Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Hellraiser Color-scheme   Hellraiser Color-scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2011, 22:37

Actually, I could tell you how I would do it..
Well, for the armour I would stick to black as a base, maybe even slightly mixed with Tin Bitz (but not that much), with progressive highlights of some kind of cold grey.. (space wolves.. ?)
And probably a wash of some kind to blend the whole thing (asurmen/badab).
For the hair, there I'm not sure.. White ? Why not.. Good contrast, but not that good if you're going for a very pale skin scheme, wich you probably will since your theme's all Hellraiser kinda. So more of a dark, deep colour ? I don't know. But for the skin, I would go for a very light grey base with white highlights, blended in by some watered down asurmen blue mixed with some kind of skin tone wash (ogryn). I personnaly think that would look nice. Smile

Hope it will help you in some way !
Back to top Go down
Archon Zarkalus
Hellion
Archon Zarkalus

PostSubject: Re: Hellraiser Color-scheme   Hellraiser Color-scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19 2011, 01:27

Candice Heart-Reaper...

That actually sounds rather interesting... I have a few older DE minis... I tried a quick "test paint" and I have to say that I like the results... although I think that I will try a slightly darker highlight as it seems to "pop" a little too much. Any thoughts?

Hellraiser Color-scheme WarrioroftheEternalLamentation

The basecoat is a 4:1 mix of Chaos Black and Dwarf Bronze. The highlights are Shadow Grey and then touched up with Fortress Grey. The base coat came out looking really nice.. and now I will work on the hoghlighting...
Back to top Go down
Candice Heart-Reaper
Hellion
Candice Heart-Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Hellraiser Color-scheme   Hellraiser Color-scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19 2011, 11:26

It's pretty good ! I'm happy you like it. Smile My advice would be to try to mix in some chaos black in the highlights a bit, and rather changing directly to fortress grey for the second highlight, simply add skull white to the previous mix. And with a strong wash of some deep blue or black, It will easily blend into the base coat of the armour. Anyway if you have lots of old test models, why not experiment yourself ? Try some different tints in highlighting, etc.. Soon enough you'll find something that will please you. Hope it helps ! tongue
Back to top Go down
Archon Zarkalus
Hellion
Archon Zarkalus

PostSubject: Re: Hellraiser Color-scheme   Hellraiser Color-scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19 2011, 15:59

Thanks again for the advise. I will try the wash to see if I can blend the colors a little more.

I will post a mini once I get one that I am happy with.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellraiser Color-scheme   Hellraiser Color-scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellraiser Color-scheme
Page 1 of 1