THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Flat out crashes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

Flat out crashes Empty
PostSubject: Flat out crashes   Flat out crashes I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10 2012, 16:21

Hello all,

I have seen a number of posts and heard on some podcasts that if you move a transport flat out and crash then the passengers can't assault in their subsequent turn. I combed the rulebook last night and couldn't find anything. I looked through the forum here and didn't see anything. Is this a rule? and if it is, where is it listed?

Thanks.

Ben
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Flat out crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat out crashes   Flat out crashes I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10 2012, 16:45

Page 79, disembarking restrictions is where it comes from though the latest FAQ seems to allow it for vehicles with the assault rule (like ours!)

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

Flat out crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat out crashes   Flat out crashes I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2012, 02:58

I found it~ page 33. Since all open topped vehicles are assault vehicles and "passengers disembarking... can charge on the turn they do so, even on the turn that the vehicle was destroyed." Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

Flat out crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat out crashes   Flat out crashes I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2012, 04:32

It's a mindset held over from players of 5th Edition (myself included for a while). 5E had flat out in the movement phase, but models could not disembark from it. Wrecked results than destroyed any models that could not disembark from a wrecked vehicle. Strangely enough, this left a loophole where explodes results kept the passengers alive.

Now that flat out is a shooting phase move, they've removed the "cannot disembark" line, so now wrecked allows them to disembark according to the normal rules for doing so (within 3").

Flat out crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat out crashes   Flat out crashes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flat out crashes
Page 1 of 1