THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point list for competitive play

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ClutchTR
Slave
ClutchTR

2000 point list for competitive play Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point list for competitive play   2000 point list for competitive play I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 16:52

Not sure how to post this, so I'll go real safe with it.

I haven't played since 3rd or 4th edition I can't remember.... It's been over 5 years. I used to play Necrons (30 Immortals at the core, every time.), before flyers and also had painted armies of Tyranids, Chaos (slanesh), Witch Hunters and Space Marines. Sold everything on Ebay 5 years ago. Starting fresh.

I thought about going up the gut with the Elites and the Troop choices. Flanking with the Fast attack. Pot shot Attrition with the Ravagers. I never bothered with reserves, unless I go against Artillery pieces I think I would reserve the Hellions till it was safer for them to come out and mop up. Should I always keep them in reserves? edit: I mean start them in reserves.

Classic Hammer, Anvil tactics here. Any thoughts, ideas, input?

HQ
xxx Baron Sathonyx
xx Archon
xx Blaster
x Venom blade
x Haywire grenades

190 TOTAL

Elites
xx Kabalite Trueborn - 4, joined by Archon
xx Blaster - 4
x Haywire grenades
x Plasma grenades
xx Venom - Transport
xx Night shields
x Chain-snares (just for HQ kicks! May never use...)

xx Kabalite Trueborn - 4
xx Blaster - 4
x Haywire grenades
x Plasma grenades
xx Venom - Transport
xx Night shields

xx Kabalite Trueborn - 4
xx Blaster - 4
x Haywire grenades
x Plasma grenades
xx Venom - Transport
xx Night shields

560 Total

Troops
xxx Wyches - 10
xx Haywire grenades
xx Hekatrix
xx Phantasm grenade launcher
xx Agoniser
xx Raider-transport
xx Night shields
x Disintigrator

xxx Wyches - 10
xx Haywire grenades
xx Hekatrix
xx Agoniser
xx Raider-transport
xx Night shields
x Disintigrator

560 Total

Fast Attack (Troops)
xxx Hellions-20
xx Helliarch
xx Agoniser

345 Total

Heavy Support
xxx Ravager
xxx Ravager
xxx Ravager
xx Night shields
x Disintigrator - 9

345 Total
Back to top Go down
http://enclaveoilrig.com
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for competitive play   2000 point list for competitive play I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 18:18

Welcome back!! I like your list! One or two suggestions though. You may want to drop the grenades on the true born (at least the plasmas anyways) since you shouldn't be assaulting with them anyways. Taking off the snares would be advisable too since they only work in the movement phase so don't work when turbo boosting. It maybe a good idea to switch back to dls on at least one of the ravengers.
Congratulations on choosing the dark kin and best of luck to you!
Back to top Go down
ClutchTR
Slave
ClutchTR

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for competitive play   2000 point list for competitive play I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 19:33

I just saw a bat rep with 5 chimera, 3 leman russ and 15! lascannon HWTs. Could this list compete with that?

Quote :
Welcome back!! I like your list! One or two suggestions though. You may want to drop the grenades on the true born (at least the plasmas anyways) since you shouldn't be assaulting with them anyways. Taking off the snares would be advisable too since they only work in the movement phase so don't work when turbo boosting. It maybe a good idea to switch back to dls on at least one of the ravengers.

I'm used to... Well, back then, seeing tons of troops.... Is that still the case or should I prep for more vehicle engagements?

Taking out the grenades and the snares gives me 41 pts, should I get the Xtra splinter cannons on the venoms?

HQ
xxx Baron Sathonyx
xx Archon
xx Blaster
x Venom blade

185 TOTAL

Elites
xx Kabalite Trueborn - 4, joined by Archon
xx Blaster - 4
xx Venom - Transport
xx Night shields

xx Kabalite Trueborn - 4
xx Blaster - 4
xx Venom - Transport
xx Night shields

xx Kabalite Trueborn - 4
xx Blaster - 4
xx Venom - Transport
xx Night shields

524 Total

Troops
xxx Wyches - 10
xx Haywire grenades
xx Hekatrix
xx Agoniser
xx Raider-transport
xx Night shields
x Disintigrator

xxx Wyches - 10
xx Haywire grenades
xx Hekatrix
xx Agoniser
xx Raider-transport
xx Night shields
x Disintigrator

560 Total

Fast Attack (Troops)
xxx Hellions-20
xx Helliarch
xx Agoniser

345 Total

Heavy Support
xxx Ravager
xxx Ravager
xxx Ravager
xx Night shields
x Disintigrator - 6
x Dark Lance - 3

345 Total
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for competitive play   2000 point list for competitive play I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 00:05

Yep, always go double cannons on venoms . It will be the best ten points you will ever spend on a vehicle! Another thing is that you need more troops at 2000 points than 3. Maybe shave 8hellions off the blob and spend the points on a 5man squad of haywire wyches or 5 man warrior with a blaster in a venom with a cannon. You may also want to try a power lance over the agonizer on the helliarch.
Back to top Go down
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for competitive play   2000 point list for competitive play I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 02:23

I personally would drop the archon.
Grab some haems for some free pain tokens.

I like to take one Haem and then a squad of wracks to start with two pain tokens on the hellions.
Though I usually can get away with just taking the haem. Getting the FNP on the hellions asap really helps that large point investment make their points back.

Dual splintercannons on Venoms is a must have.

Having more than 3 troops would be recommended. If you can somehow shave a few points to get two 5 man warrior squads in venoms. They are mobile and can pack a punch.
Back to top Go down
ClutchTR
Slave
ClutchTR

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for competitive play   2000 point list for competitive play I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 19:39

foeofnight wrote:
I personally would drop the archon.
Grab some haems for some free pain tokens.

I like to take one Haem and then a squad of wracks to start with two pain tokens on the hellions.
Though I usually can get away with just taking the haem. Getting the FNP on the hellions asap really helps that large point investment make their points back.

Dual splintercannons on Venoms is a must have.

Having more than 3 troops would be recommended. If you can somehow shave a few points to get two 5 man warrior squads in venoms. They are mobile and can pack a punch.

you can move the pain tokens around from the haemi to the hellions?
Back to top Go down
ClutchTR
Slave
ClutchTR

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for competitive play   2000 point list for competitive play I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 20:20

Well I just found out that the gaming club here does 1500 point lists... So I will take into consideration everything you guys have said. I really want to know about that pain token redistribution question I had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for competitive play   2000 point list for competitive play I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point list for competitive play
Page 1 of 1