THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

ravagers shooting at flyers

Go down 
+7
Fruz
Tiri Rana
mukslinger
tlronin
Count Adhemar
Darkgreen Pirate
solipsist
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

ravagers shooting at flyers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ravagers shooting at flyers   ravagers shooting at flyers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 10:47

It's good to understand there is a flaw in the rules, because then we can try and tell GW and that hopefully leads to better FAQs and clearer rule writing.

But both of you (Count and tlronin) have reasonable arguments that represent the sort of conflict that could arise over these rules. That conflict will never fight itself out (if it does it's generally because one side loses interest). So now that we are aware there is a problem with the rules, it makes no sense to keep slugging it out.

We should really make a rules that need to be FAQed thread/sticky, in this section so that we can collect all these conflicts in one place and then spam them off to GW. Or at worst prevent the same topics popping up again and again (or use as ammunition against silly players). Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: ravagers shooting at flyers   ravagers shooting at flyers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 10:50

A FAQ thread would be a very good idea. Let me guess which question you want answered Mushkilla.

looks into crystal ball

I see, something to do with...randomisation? And...Reavers!!!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: ravagers shooting at flyers   ravagers shooting at flyers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 11:45

Count Adhemar wrote:

I see, something to do with...randomisation? And...Reavers!!!

Of course! It frustrates me because it's a waste of time, I don't really care how they go about it just not random! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ferronyx
Slave

PostSubject: Re: ravagers shooting at flyers   ravagers shooting at flyers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29 2012, 21:01

just a thought but there is only one rule i've seen that would override the HtH rule, that would be skyfire... I realize this horse is already dead but I couldn't resist getting my kick in Wink
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: ravagers shooting at flyers   ravagers shooting at flyers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 10:41

Probably worth giving this horse a final flog. The rulebook FAQ has this to say:

Q: Can the BS1 of a Snap Shot ever be modified by special rules that modify the BS of a model’s Shooting attack (such as Tau markerlights, Space Marine Signums or Sergeant Telion’s Voice of Experience)? (p13)
A: No.

Not a specific answer but very clearly indicates intent.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: ravagers shooting at flyers   ravagers shooting at flyers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 11:50

Yup and the Intent is really in the rule itself as we would only be able to fire at flyers while moving... so that makes no sense either...
Back to top Go down
Ferox77
Hellion
Ferox77

PostSubject: Re: ravagers shooting at flyers   ravagers shooting at flyers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 15:55

Look at Power of the Machine Spirit BRB p.40
"can fire one more weapon at its full BS"
PotMS's wording is the same as aerial assault, and this doesn't allow you to ignore HtH.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ravagers shooting at flyers   ravagers shooting at flyers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ravagers shooting at flyers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2