THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

If Raiders get 3 hull points

Go down 
+10
Bibitybopitybacon
Arrex
Blind_Baku
Bookkeeper
RocketRollRebel
Mushkilla
CaptainBalroga
Sky Serpent
hivey
ClutchTR
14 posters
AuthorMessage
ClutchTR
Slave
ClutchTR

If Raiders get 3 hull points Empty
PostSubject: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 16:03

I can't find where hull points are listed but, I saw some videos and others were saying Raiders and Ravagers get hull points (3).

Where do I find this as faq?
Back to top Go down
http://enclaveoilrig.com
hivey
Slave

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 16:20

its in the back of the main rulebook.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 20:38

And to answer your question in the topic description, Venom's are easier to hide, have a free Flickerfield and come with (has anyone EVER not opted for the second cannon?) 12 36" range splinter shots. They perform very different roles on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 04:15

I have a friend who allies in Dark Eldar to his Eldar for Wyches in assault vehicles, and doesnt take the second cannons because he tends to turbo-boost, and his opponents focus down the Venoms so early that he cant even shoot. I did give him grief when he lost today to Daemons and complained about lack of shots to take down fliers.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 09:05

CaptainBalroga wrote:
I have a friend who allies in Dark Eldar to his Eldar for Wyches in assault vehicles, and doesnt take the second cannons because he tends to turbo-boost, and his opponents focus down the Venoms so early that he cant even shoot. I did give him grief when he lost today to Daemons and complained about lack of shots to take down fliers.

Indeed. I sometimes consider not taking the extra cannon, especially if I run my archon in a venom, as it will always get shot down ASAP.
Back to top Go down
ClutchTR
Slave
ClutchTR

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 16:00

Cool, I found it, Venoms get 2 hull points so that's a plus. I thought they got 0.
Back to top Go down
http://enclaveoilrig.com
RocketRollRebel
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 17:58

I've been employing a mix of 3 raiders and 3 venoms and it has been working out quite well. Raiders can get assault units (for me incubi & arcon/wyches) where they want to go quicker "aether sails" and provide a bit more durability for units like Splinter gunboats of warriors (splinter racks, night fields). The venoms are a cheaper option (usually about 125 for 5 wyches, wracks or blaster warriors) which throws down quite a bit of splinter death and gives your opponent multiple targets to have to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Bookkeeper
Hellion
Bookkeeper

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 13:24

With the high fragility of Venoms, I had a question on load-out for Trueborn:

If I'm taking the two Splinter Cannons, what should my five Trueborn have? It seems like I'll rarely fire carbines, since 18 inches is perilously close to the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 13:33

Well if you want to be crazy with the AI... 2 MORE Splinter Cannons! or just go with the stock 3 TB with 3 blasters in a venom with 2 SC making the whole (Venom + TB) more versitile and multipurpose
Back to top Go down
Arrex
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 19:58

You’re AV10 in either case. Think you’ll ever get to see a Raider or Venom destroyed by hull point depletion?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 20:01

Arrex wrote:
You’re AV10 in either case. Think you’ll ever get to see a Raider or Venom destroyed by hull point depletion?

Yes, as they can be taken out by small arms fire that way whilst the big guns focus on your ravagers. I have lost at least two raiders to hull points this edition.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 02:16

Mushkilla wrote:
Arrex wrote:

Yes, as they can be taken out by small arms fire that way whilst the big guns focus on your ravagers. I have lost at least two raiders to hull points this edition.

I agree here. I pack my wyches in venom because they only have 2hull points. Makes them les likely to explode and ruin my girls ' day.
Back to top Go down
Setomidor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 06:02

A related rules question:

If several hits are scored at once (say 3 glancing and 3 penetrating), can you (or your opponent?) chose in which order to apply the wounds and therefore pick between wrecking and destroying?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 09:12

Setomidor wrote:
A related rules question:

If several hits are scored at once (say 3 glancing and 3 penetrating), can you (or your opponent?) chose in which order to apply the wounds and therefore pick between wrecking and destroying?

BRB, Page 74 wrote:
You must roll on the vehicle Darnage table even if the vehicle loses sufficient Hull Points to be wrecked, as there is still a chance that it Explodes!
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 09:40

I think you have to resolve áll effects. P73 "Shooting at vehicles". All Hits are scored befóre you resolve "Armour Penetration Rolls". So you don't get to choose as far as I see it.

Edit: As Count says aswell.
Back to top Go down
Setomidor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 09:45

Thanks for both responses Smile

It came up during a game; I used a squad of reavers to surround a Rhino and then assaulted with furious-charge Grots. Unfortunately, I rolled too well and the Rhino exploded instead of getting wrecked, and therefore he could still place models where the Rhino was previously. If it would have been wrecked instead, he would not had been able to disembark and all passangers would have died. cheers
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 10:28

If you do an Emergency Disembarkation do you need to be 1" away from the enemy's model's base?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 10:34

tlronin wrote:
If you do an Emergency Disembarkation do you need to be 1" away from the enemy's model's base?

Yes. So you could use a bunch of reavers to turbo-boots surround a transport and then wreck it with some wyches to kill all/most of its contents. Pretty nasty, I have yet to see the opportunity arise though.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 10:36

Not that i don't trust you, but could you give me a page reference? I couldn't find it at Emergency Disembarkation. I can only find that you place a model anywhere at the hull. And then it would be pretty impossible.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 10:49

No problem. Razz

Quote :

In either case, a disembarking model's base cannot be placed within 1" of an enemy model or within impassable terrain. - BRB Placing disembarked models page 79

No where in emergency disembarkation does it say that you may place models in impassable terrain or with 1" of an enemy model (the rules are permissive). The reason why it says "If any model cannot disembark, because of enemy models or because they would end up impassable terrain" is in case the access point is blocked by said models or terrain.

Quote :

If, even by performing an emergency disembarkation, some models are unable to disembark, then any models that cannot disembark are removed as casualties. - BRB Wrecked page 80

It is clearly still possible for models not to be able to disembark even when performing an emergency disembark (due to impassable terrain, or models with 1").

Hope that helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 10:53

Thnx, certainly helps. You had me at your 1st quote. There it is. I knew I read it somewhere. Wink

Back to top Go down
Setomidor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 11:33

Thanks! I needed those too Smile
Back to top Go down
Dooppie
Slave

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22 2012, 18:22

a Raider can deepstrike and a Venom can not.
Deepstrike any have some use in a Dark eldar army?
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22 2012, 19:00

Take the duke, deepstrike anywhere you wan, then turboboost in the shooting phase where ever you want. It can be usefull but shoudnt be relied on like deepstriking in drop pod lists.
Back to top Go down
Dooppie
Slave

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23 2012, 09:35

Good point Bibitybopitybacon.
Deepstriking is kinda lot of luck with dice Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Raiders get 3 hull points   If Raiders get 3 hull points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Raiders get 3 hull points
Page 1 of 1