THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team Empty
PostSubject: 2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team   2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28 2012, 17:02

So I went over to my buddies to bring him to my place for our regular 40k match. It was supposed to be 1k DE Footdar list vs. Crons… But when I got to his place I discovered another old college buddy who got very excited at the prospect of some 40k so we brought him along too.
So we all rewrote lists for a 2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE and 1k Crons Tag Team Extravaganza!
Anyway I know I said I would use the Footdar list I just was not comfortable trying something new against something I’ve never played against, sorry guys.
Anyway the lists, in approximation!
Space Wolves:
Logan
The lightning spitting Priest guy, he has a pet bird
3 squads of termies, mostly the thunder hammer storm shield type, add some missiles in here too
An autocannon Dred
2 squads of Missile Marines, or Longfangs, whatever, too many missiles anyway!
The Necron brought something like:
Nemisor Z
30 odd immortals, mostly tesla but to my great fortune, some gauss
a fist full of crypteks
a squad of tomb blades
I ended up bringing:
Archon, x2 Blast Pistols, SF, PGL (I borrowed the extra points off the crons)
Haem, Crucible
5 Incubi, Klavex in a raider (both HQs here) with Dissie, NS
2 squads of 7 wyches with a Hekatrix, PGL, VB
6 Reavers, HL, Arena Champ
Ravager, NS, Dissies.
We won most of the initial rolls, but let him set up first, then stole T1.
He deployed only the Longfangs, dred and McLightning. His Warlord Traits (we gave him two since we had 1 for each of us) were counter attack in his DZ and outflank for the termies in the Landraider.
The crons deployed into… or maybe it was behind then ran up… the tower… meh. The rest was perhaps too ‘safe’ a deployment, but until we stole T1 we assumed he was going first and I don’t like staring down that many missiles!
2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team Deploy12

Turn 1 saw some good shooting but poorer movement that would have been idea, I played too safe with the raiders at first… The Ravager shot the longfangs off the board but I was nice enough to point out that I couldn’t cause 7 wounds because only 3 were in range, unfortunately that put everything else out of range too… Wolves dropped their first pod ALMOST off the table! But just made it and popped a fist full of termies who opened a can on a Wych raider, it exploded and killed all but the Hekatrix and one extra wych, both passed all tests required. The Pod had a missile it dropped on the Crons, killing many, but only 2 stayed down. Missiles and autocannons dealt damage to the other wych raider and ravager, immobilizing southern wych raider and putting a hull point on the Ravager. A loud crack of belched lightning takes the gun off the archon’s boat.
2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team T1_bmp11

Turn 2 was the tipping point. Jet bikes move closer and put some shots out, the necrons cause some damage there. The Ravager moves up and finishes what it started on the longfangs. I moved the one wych squad into the bottom floor of the tower for some reason… not sure why… was kind of silly. Incubi and Archon get out of their boat and get ready to beat the face off those terminators. The Haem stays onboard and move toward Mc.Lightning pants. Gunslinger takes out a Termie in the shooting, the other hides behind his unmanly shield. Charges happen and the incubi proceed to be completely incompetent, and fail to impress. The Archon pistol whips the crap out of one terminator, the terminators make soup out of an incubi.
NONE of his reserves come in. He shoots up some jet bike but otherwise doesn’t get too much. Combat continues, the Archon with JUST HIS BLAST PISTOLS… still manages better results than the Incubi.
2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team T2_bmp11

Turn 3
The Haemi gets close enough to risk disembarking and walking up, unleashing a torrent of tortured pain upon the wicked Mr. McLightingpants!... and rolls a solid 8” range… hitting nothing. The Wyches from the tower run toward the random bridge over nothing. Necron bike move up and deal the dred out… which took some hits at some point before now… but I don’t remember when… The Ravager removes a large chunk of the Long fangs who hide in their magical cover leaving the wicked Mr. McLightingpants and one other longfang. Reavers move up and pump splinter pods and heatlances into the squad. 1 Splinter and 2 HL hits! 1 Splinter and 2 HL Wound! The marine trys to take the Splinter! And promptly falls over writhing in agony as the poison subdues him, he’s coming home to the arenas… as for what was Mr. McLightingpants, well hopefully the beast of Cormmarragh like charred meat.
The archon and the incubi finish the terminators and move up between the fuel dumps. The wyches went back to the crater that was their raider to lament their lost ride. Game ends.
2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team T3_bmp11

Space Wolves have First Blood, and a Raider.
DE/Cron have Line Breaker, Kill the Warlord, and the tabled Space Wolves.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team   2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28 2012, 17:22

Awesome game, I love the "pew pew" lines on the diagrams. That dissie ravager just ate the marines. Smile

Quote :

OUT OF RANGE
As long as a model was in range of the enemy when To Hit rolls were made he is considered to be in range for the duration of the shooting attack, even if the removal of casualties means the closest model now lies out of range - BRB page 16

So you would have killed 7 long fangs. That zap gun!
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: 2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team   2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28 2012, 18:23

AH! My Gentlemanly "Don't remove the whole squad, these are out of range" was wrong! ahh well. The poor guy ended up getting screwed for reserves so I can't complain.

Hopefully he'll pop by here, he plays DE on the side.

Honestly the things about this game that I found kind of annoying were that 2 of my 3 test items (Incubi and Crucible) both fizziled... I was looking forward to seeing them both run amok like I've heard they can.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: 2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team   2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28 2012, 19:42

Nice report and it is always fun to run tag team with necrons.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team   2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29 2012, 01:00

I'm amazed your incubi did as well as they did to be honest. In my experiance Incubi can slice up anything really except for assult terminators with storm shields (but they can kill them if there have a numbers advantage) and wraiths. Every time I have seen them assult either of them on even footing it hasn't been pretty.
An enjoyable read.
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: 2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team   2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29 2012, 14:34

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
I'm amazed your incubi did as well as they did to be honest....

To be honest I think they only killed one model, the Archon with no special CC Weapon went on a pistol whipping rampage though!
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team   2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 16:09

Quote :

OUT OF RANGE
As long as a model was in range of the enemy when To Hit rolls were made he is considered to be in range for the duration of the shooting attack, even if the removal of casualties means the closest model now lies out of range - BRB page 16
So you would have killed 7 long fangs. That zap gun!
[/quote]
No he still wouldn't have killed them. It says model not unit. Just like you can't kill a model you can't see you can't kill a model that lies outside the range of your guns (the expception to both of these of course is blast weapons).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team   2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Space Wolves vs. 1k DE 1k Necron Tag Team
Page 1 of 1